Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-04-08 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 7236 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Setlist: 2011-04-08 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT
« on: April 09, 2011, 02:25:24 am »
Set I: jam > Sylvia > Puppetry, Eternal Fist*, Honey Butter > The Grobe > Honey Butter, Drunk Monk Bar

Set II: Score, Lit, jam** > Cut Me Some Slack**, Space Oddity > jam > Rufus

E: The Vermont Song# > Deep Elem Blues > The Vermont Song

*with \'Hoedown\' (Copland) tease
**Rob Somerville on sax
#with drums & bass jam
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:19:36 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 02:26:36 am »
i think the song in between honey butter was the grobe... correct me if im wrong...

btw... thanks for the Score!!!
Where to next?

Ren

• what?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 02:41:29 am »
I got slapped in the face by Todd and Peaches. I guess I was being too critical at times, but nonetheless it was great. Dunno about Vermont as an encore after seeing CMSS with (the brass tongue) Rob Somerville, it was kinda like sprinting through the whole race only to stumble feet before the finish line and crawl over it on your stomach, but still receive a champion like ovation. Regardless of what I just said, pretty much everything I saw was top notch. Even Vermont Song ;). Really. Good to see everyone tonight. Can\'t wait for next week!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 03:41:12 am by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 07:27:22 am »
That looks like a great show!

I guess I\'m one of the few that actually likes the Vermont Song :duck:
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 07:46:05 am »
that second set looks like perfection to my eyes.  Lit?  Score?  CmSS?  Rufus?  muthafuckin space oddity?  jesus christ.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 09:53:52 am »
ok, my music geek side is about to come out... did anyone else pick up on a \'Hoedown\' by Copland tease by Tim at some point during Eternal Fist?  in any case, had a blast last night... thanks for the throwdown guys!
Where to next?

Branch

• http://
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 09:56:46 am »
when we talked about the encore, tim said lets do vermont and i was like really? kind of a downer for an encore so we were going to do achidnas-vermont wich i was psyched for but dangles new bass without the fifth string made it difficult to pull off so we just went with vermont. had a blast with ya,ll and cant wait till next week. ~branch~

Ren

• what?
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 10:36:54 am »
Well NOW I just look and feel like a jerk. It was STILL really good like I said, but I just wanted to hear something else that was as crazy as everything else was. Stupid four-stringed basses. Seriously, like the ONLY time I say something this critical, and admittedly a touch dramatic in my comparison, but I was just trying to be kinda funny, and a band member actually reads it and comments on it. Maybe I was slapped for a reason...
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Branch

• http://
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 11:05:15 am »
Don\'t feel like a jerk, your doing what is meant to be done here. Besides I actually agree with you ;)

Ren

• what?
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 11:08:44 am »
I know. But still...

I actually like the Vermont Song quite a bit. There was a time where I thought every show should end with, "colorful trees the autumn breeze blows free," and one of my favorite all-time seg-wiches was from Porter\'s way back when that went Vermont Song>What the Funk>Vermont Song>What the Funk>Vermont Song. It might\'ve been the other way around but it was a long time ago and I have no idea how or where to find old setlists. Needless to say I really like the song. That\'s enough from me.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:51:19 am by Ren »

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 11:54:46 am »
Great show last night.  Glad to see a lot of the bfam out.

Highlight for me was the Type II trance jam in Space Oddity.  Holy shit that had the crowd going!  It is amazing how many different genres the Bfast can play in.  That jam would have given the Biscuits a run for their money!
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 01:19:09 pm »
what happened??

???

??

:lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 01:39:36 pm »
Quote from: Ren;267761
I know. But still...

I actually like the Vermont Song quite a bit. There was a time where I thought every show should end with, "colorful trees the autumn breeze blows free," and one of my favorite all-time seg-wiches was from Porter\'s way back when that went Vermont Song>What the Funk>Vermont Song>What the Funk>Vermont Song. It might\'ve been the other way around but it was a long time ago and I have no idea how or where to find old setlists. Needless to say I really like the song. That\'s enough from me.

Check out http://www.setlist.com and search either PB or tB. I have a really long way to go to get up to date, but right now I\'m somewhere in \'04.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 01:46:37 pm »
the VT song WTF segment was if i remember correctly at the march 05 porters show or the final porters show in september of 05?  and yes it was good.

http://www.thebreakfast.info/forum/showthread.php?t=5255
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:46:37 pm by Igziabeher »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 04:06:24 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;267762
That jam would have given the Biscuits a run for their money!

Just like any other time The Breakfast steps on stage..
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising