Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-04-03 - Rock & Roll Resort; Kerhonkson, NY  (Read 7337 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Setlist: 2011-04-03 - Rock & Roll Resort; Kerhonkson, NY
« on: April 04, 2011, 03:29:38 pm »
Set I: Mayfly Disarray, Metropolis, Synergy, Tunage, Taboo Or Not Taboot

Thanks to ChrisLikesBass for the setlist!
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 05:48:27 pm »
Looks like a face melter!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:06:03 pm »
Nice! Looks like jam city!

Does anyone know if there was anyone taping?
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:48:39 am »
I taped, vallo taped (the whole fest) and there were several others taping as well

The set was meh. Probably one of the more disappointing breakfast shows in a looong time. Short set, no heavy hitters

Surprising as kung fu was awesome, tims many many sit ins etc were all great.

Lettuce f-ing KILLED it
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:02:35 am »
^^ Awesome!!!!! Thanks guys (Mike and Matt et al) for representing!

I like hearing them anytime, be it the good, the bad, or the downright ugly. I am one to look for all the redeeming qualities, and I\'m sure there were quite a few! :adjusts rose colored glasses:

So they didn\'t get to play the hour and a half that was scheduled? That\'s too bad. When I saw the setlist and figured they played for that amount of time roughly + the late night slot =  :burntban: :banahoy:

Did any of the other guys have any sit-ins?

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:43:30 am »
Short but sweet! IMHO at least 3 of those are heavy hitters....Anyway, for those of you (I know T and R were there), would you recommend doing R & R Resort again next year? How\'s about a review of the weekend, ammenities, etc. :)
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

ChrisLikesBass

• Where the hell is Ellitz?
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 12:03:33 pm »
Quote from: frolfer;267607
I am one to look for all the redeeming qualities,
  thats the ticket man!!   too bad your in the wrong place for that kind of talk.  Bring your frolfing self to the next one cuz

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 12:41:11 pm »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;267616
Short but sweet! IMHO at least 3 of those are heavy hitters....Anyway, for those of you (I know T and R were there), would you recommend doing R & R Resort again next year? How\'s about a review of the weekend, ammenities, etc. :)

Would DEF do it again. the hotel was pretty nice (could have been nicer but probably the right balance for this type of event). The setup is what makes the whole thing ideal.

Basically it is like everyone is living in the same block of NYC on the street with all the venues.

Manhattan Room - Large open room, dinner theatre type seating with a large dance floor

Empire Lounge - Large bar good sized dance floor / room

Zildjan room - Large rectangular room like a convention room perhaps high ceilings smaller bands

spin spin Dj room - long tripped out room dj\'s etc

All of them were with in a minute or 3 walk. the Empire / Manhattan were back to back but there was little to no bleed between the stages and scheduled well.
You can come and go as you please, the crowd was a good size and you never felt crowded, the artists all seemed to really be enjoying themselves. The artists all seemed to mingling in the crowd. Ran in to David Nelson at the elevator (that type of stuff). Good vending a little of this and that. The crowd trended a little older (maybe the cost or maybe just my observation).

The only complaint if you could call it that was the food situation. They served breakfast,lunch dinner etc but you had to eat in the dining room no take out. I saw people getting take out deliveries etc. We brought tons of food / booze so not a big deal.

You could drink your own booze everywhere BUT inside the venues while the bar was open (basically the entire time the main stages are running) NOT a big deal at all really. They had a really good micro brew and fully stocked bar etc. With a laminate you could come and go with your own drinks anywhere at anytime.

Chris - No disrespect was intended. We were front and center for the breakfast set, it is what made me want to go to the fest (all the bfast family bands as a matter of fact) we were raging it up with the champagne and etc etc. It was short and I was certainly not the only person who came away scratching their heads about the show. Maybe I\'ll change my mind after listening to show again but it was weird.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 12:44:31 pm »
Quote from: ChrisLikesBass;267618
Quote from: frolfer;267607
I am one to look for all the redeeming qualities,
  thats the ticket man!!   too bad your in the wrong place for that kind of talk.  Bring your frolfing self to the next one cuz

If only here were there. I\'m going to keep talking anyways! If I can get out early enough on friday I will beeline for Bridgeport fer sure.

Branch

• http://
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 12:53:53 pm »
come to breakFest. i promise we will play a better show!!

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 12:55:55 pm »
Quote from: sequia;267622
come to breakFest. i promise we will play a better show!!

Im almost 100% for it. I love you guys, always have.

Maybe I hyped the show too much in my mind. Stranger things have happened

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 05:28:21 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;267623

Maybe I hyped the show too much in my mind.

been there. that\'s always the kiss of death.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 07:12:22 pm »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;267616
(I know T and R were there)

:chin: wait.  I was? I only have a slightly vague recollection of being there ...or, anywhere, for that matter! (:sigh: thanks Duane!)

In all serness, though, I agree with ALMOST everything Mike has said already.  Great vibes, and definitely worth the $$ - we OWNED that resort for the weekend!  So the resort was a little outdated - it looked like its prime was back in the 1940\'s, but it was still quirky and nice (kind of like most of its guests!)  The elevators were haunted, and there were many fun hidden \'nooks\' all around the place.  

Oh, and I heard that the food was bad because the main chef had a heart attack on the previous Saturday and wasn\'t actually cooking the food, but that could just be a rumor?  There was a diner within 3 miles, and we went there twice.  There was also a cafe that sold coffee & snacks 24 hours.

The grand piano in the lobby was a frequent place to have a jam session by many musicians, and in the Zildjan room there was a \'Super Jam session\' that lasted from 4 - @ least 8am on Sunday morning.  And no, I don\'t think it was taped.  

The setlist, imo, was okay.  Maybe there weren\'t enough heavy hitters for us regulars (ie, Rufus, Queeb, etc.) but for a new audience, I think the tunes were just fine.  I would have also loved to have heard some more Jams>\'fun\' songs (like Phaddy, Bugs, Lit, or Beef), but I\'m happy with what I heard.  I noticed that the band that was scheduled to play before the Breakfast ended way later than they were supposed to. I\'m sure this took a lot of the band\'s playing time away.  Screwed again, Pfffft :tongue:  

As far as the other bands go - Lettuce: I was not impressed at all.  Of course, I only caught the last 20 minutes, and everyone I talked with said that they were much better at the beginning of their set.  I really REALLY liked Sauce -which is Chelsy Lau\'s (Fungus Amungus) new band.  They kept the funk-credible dance party going all night!  I also managed to hear a little bit of Sister Sparrow & the Dirty Birds (Tim sat in w/ them), and thought they were decent too.  The lead singer had a great, soulful voice - from a tiny white girl, lol!  The Alchemystics were a lot of fun, as were the Nephrok AllStars.  Kung Fu was amazing, as per usual, and Deep Banana was, well, Deep Banana.  Was it the greatest festival ever? Highly doubtful, but it was indoors, small & cozy, and filled with some extremely talented musicians.  So, either way, I\'m looking forward to returning next year.
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 01:01:39 am »
you cain\'t prove i was there!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 11:11:03 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;267605
I taped, vallo taped (the whole fest) and there were several others taping as well

The set was meh. Probably one of the more disappointing breakfast shows in a looong time. Short set, no heavy hitters

Surprising as kung fu was awesome, tims many many sit ins etc were all great.

Lettuce f-ing KILLED it

get with the times bro, Metrop, Synergy and Tunage are all heavy hitters in this day and age.  how was the crowd?  were they raging it, cuz it certainly looks more like a set you\'d use to hook new fans as opposed to impress the old fans with bustouts, but i\'m sure it was a good time.  sorry you were disappointed, was the playing bad or did you just not like the song choices?