Author Topic: Setlist: 2011-04-01 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 12193 times)

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
Setlist: 2011-04-01 - Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 10:33:22 am »
hey ken, are the tunes individual clips, or is the whole show in one place somewhere? thanks!

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 11:13:34 am »
This looks like a fantastic set; was SER really bummed I couldn\'t make it down for the residency kickoff! DEF an oldschool throwback sandwhich, what will be next for the B? Well, my car\'s finally fixed/legal, and I\'m doing my best to get rid of this yucky cold...I\'ll catch all you kaaaads  this Friday!!

This looks like a fantastic set; was SER really bummed I couldn\'t make it down for the residency kickoff! DEF an oldschool throwback sandwhich, what will be next for the B? Well, my car\'s finally fixed/legal, and I\'m doing my best to get rid of this yucky cold...I\'ll catch all you kaaaads this Friday!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:13:34 am by inthewhitelodge »
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 08:53:42 pm »
Quote from: jking;267612
hey ken, are the tunes individual clips, or is the whole show in one place somewhere? thanks!

My you tube is clips. The show is in one place on dvd.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 10:58:39 am »
gotcha! is there a way to navigate your page that i\'m missing? i\'m a youtube noob. i only really find a particular vid, i don\'t usually go to people\'s channels. so when i clicked on show all, they started with stuff you uploaded 5 months ago. there\'s got to be a button i\'m missing... like i said, not real adept at this... but thanks for all you do!!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 04:18:54 pm »
Quote from: Ren;267534
Apparently it\'s strange to go and see a band that you love and gets you off like no other for more than a couple of years because my friends and family are all like, "you STILL go and see them?!?? What\'s wrong with you?!??"

I have to give an "amen" to this...and it can happen younger than you think.  From 1999-2002 at UMass we had a crew of 20 that went to EVERY show and a crew of 250 that went to every show in Amherst or Northampton.  But by 2003 when I would tell any of these people that I was going to see PB, they would respond with "Oh, are they still playing?" or "Oh you STILL see them?  What are they up to?"  These people simply moved on which is fine, but they kinda looked down on me as a fanboy or groupie or something when I continued to do 10-20 shows a year from \'03 on...usually traveling by myself and just meeting up with B\'fam when I got there.  I think both sides make sense and ideally nobody would turn their nose at anyone because it\'s all good either way.  I can totally see why people would stop going or "grow out of it" and obviously I can also see why people would want to continue to go see a band they like so much .  Nobody who goes to a show should question the motives of those who don\'t go, nor do I think anyone who sits out a show should question the motives of those who go.  Just let bygones be bygones I guess.  

I\'m psyched to have 4 Breakfast shows and 3 Kung Fu shows on my calendar right now, but I\'ve more or less stopped talking about these shows with everyone besides .info people.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:21:03 pm by Wolfman »

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2011, 04:57:29 pm »
Quote from: Ren;267534
Living in CT, and not trying to offend anyone, but a lot of CT people that I know are kinda like, "eh," or have a way of thinking they\'re too cool for/with pretty much everything. So to me it\'s no surprise. Don\'t get me wrong there are plenty of people out there who like to have fun, but apparently going out to see music isn\'t what they\'re choosing to do. Friends of mine used to go to shows anywhere there were shows to go to. But now they don\'t. They think that going to bars to see bands is for the younger people or not cool anymore. I personally think that a lot of the CT people who were 20-25 when the band started up, and went to every single show, trust me, WE did and ALL the same core of people were there literally every single time, are all 10-12 years older, have kids, "real" jobs and have just lost the desire to go. Apparently it\'s strange to go and see a band that you love and gets you off like no other for more than a couple of years because my friends and family are all like, "you STILL go and see them?!?? What\'s wrong with you?!??" That\'s just my guess. For me, as long as they\'re playing and I can afford it or am able to go, I will.
Oh, so THAT\'S what\'s wrong with you........
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

ChrisF

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 10:09:27 pm »
Tuna: ill  upload at least the mp3 version tomorrow. Clean out your zoom\'s 1/4 inch inputs because I hooked that cable up to my tester and it said it was all good

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2011, 10:54:23 pm »
Quote from: jking;267635
gotcha! is there a way to navigate your page that i\'m missing? i\'m a youtube noob. i only really find a particular vid, i don\'t usually go to people\'s channels. so when i clicked on show all, they started with stuff you uploaded 5 months ago. there\'s got to be a button i\'m missing... like i said, not real adept at this... but thanks for all you do!!

Click- see all. You can scroll down and click load more...until you get what you want.
Also click- see all, then date added pops up. Click date added. The more recent uploads will start.
It\'s all there!  note: my videos pop over to my facebook also. note: got some video tweets going too!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:38:36 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2011, 11:31:39 pm »
Thanks Chris!

My zoom is acting sort of weird right now... not writing files and sometimes not showing levels?? Couldn\'t record myself jamming on the porch tonight for whatever reason.. maybe you can help me fix it tomorrow :) :)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2011, 11:35:49 pm »
bdfreetuna...when ChrisF isn\'t looking, switch zooms.
Then he\'ll be asking you for help!