Author Topic: 2011 March Madness: NCAA Basketball  (Read 6759 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
2011 March Madness: NCAA Basketball
« on: March 09, 2011, 02:12:34 pm »
Am I the only one watching the Big East tourney??   The Huskies just trounced Georgetown.  Kemba Walker is just fun to watch.  I can\'t wait to see him in the NBA.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 03:39:06 pm »

I\'m hoping for a UConn/Cuse semis matchup. Above all else, I\'m just hoping Syracuse makes it through the tourny without any injuries. Losing Onuaku last year killed their NCAA chances.
Smell my mule.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:47:43 pm »
UConn all the way!!!!!!!!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:06:52 am »
Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse!!!!!!!!!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 11:49:26 am »
Quote from: Mark;266639
Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse!!!!!!!!!

-1 heady point for you
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 02:52:24 pm »
UCONN - Pitt on right now.    :)

UCONN wins with a last second shot by Kemba.  What a shot.  What a game.

Can\'t wait to see who they play next.  St. John\'s/Syracuse.  
Either way, it will be a great game to watch.

Link to the court side view of Kemba\'s winning shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5tEbV0BmSQ&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:52:24 pm by SkyePrizm »

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 10:15:08 am »
Kemba smoked the predator for that final shot. No idea why Pitt decided to switch their matchups.

The game is almost upon us! For the 6 OT game I went down to my favorite watering hole which had $3 pints of their own brews all night long (every Thursday). Ran up a $59 bar tab in the +5 hours I was there, shots were involved. In my belligerent state I left $80 on my credit card and also put $80 cash down too. That\'s right, a $101 tip! Good times. I\'ll be heading back there again tonight.

I like Cuse\'s chances in this one. They won @ UConn in their only matchup by shutting down Kemba (I think he was 3-14). The way Kemba is playing right now I don\'t expect that to happen again but he did only shoot 37% yesterday. UConn playing it\'s 4th game in 4 days definitely favors Cuse. Either way, I\'m just looking forward to a good game. At this point they got their BE tourny win so losing in the semis isn\'t a bad thing.
Smell my mule.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 10:53:01 am »
I can\'t stop laughing. I love how you compared him to the predator.  resemblance is uncanny.

I agree, the orange will be a very tough team to beat. Jim Boeheim keeps a very well oiled machine over there.  They have always been a big opponent for the Huskies.   If uconn pulls this off and gets in the finals, imo, this is a huge upset.  should put their standing in the ncaa tourney higher.

Game is on at 7pm!!!  :) :) Espn.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 04:56:21 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;266698
Kemba smoked the predator for that final shot. No idea why Pitt decided to switch their matchups.

The game is almost upon us! For the 6 OT game I went down to my favorite watering hole which had $3 pints of their own brews all night long (every Thursday). Ran up a $59 bar tab in the +5 hours I was there, shots were involved. In my belligerent state I left $80 on my credit card and also put $80 cash down too. That\'s right, a $101 tip! Good times. I\'ll be heading back there again tonight.

I like Cuse\'s chances in this one. They won @ UConn in their only matchup by shutting down Kemba (I think he was 3-14). The way Kemba is playing right now I don\'t expect that to happen again but he did only shoot 37% yesterday. UConn playing it\'s 4th game in 4 days definitely favors Cuse. Either way, I\'m just looking forward to a good game. At this point they got their BE tourny win so losing in the semis isn\'t a bad thing.
Wish I could join you!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 11:09:56 pm »
Only one OT tonight, not six.  But what a spectacular game.  

Kemba with 12 rebounds and 6 steals.   He is on fire.  He is so exciting to watch.  He is like a better Rondo.   He is the fastest guard I have ever seen drive to the basket.  And he can hit his free throws.

What about Olander tonight?  He really stepped up.  

Tomorrow night, they go for win #5 in a row and the championship.  
I believe they can do it.  LETS GO HUSKIES!

Just found out i am going to tomorrow\'s night game.  
beyond excited!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:09:56 pm by SkyePrizm »

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 10:59:39 am »
Dear \'Cuse Fans

Crushed!

Sincerely,
The Better Team
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 01:15:10 pm »
promises to be a good game tonight.
Kemba is on a roll.
hopefully i will be taking pictures of the celebration on the court. :)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 01:18:17 pm »
Lets go Huskies!!!!!!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 05:56:21 pm »
I finally have a moment to sit down and talk about the events of last night.

best.live.sporting.event.ive.ever.seen.

First UCONN game I\'ve seen live since 1994.    It was all so magical.  As we approached MSG,my feet literally skipped up the steps, I heard the echo of a familiar song...the UCONN Fight song.   It was so surreal. I felt like I was a kid again.  If I closed my eyes,  it could have been the civic center. it easily could have been any year between 88-94.  I love this team, no matter what players are suited up.  once inside, it was like UCONN fans owned MSG.  Everywhere, ever corner, there we were.  It was absolutely insanity.  I loved every minute.  

For most of the first half, I was just cheering, enjoying the game.  The second half, as a fan, was a test of my wills. I literally thought in those last 2 minutes I was going to lose my shit, to put it frankly.  I stood up for the last minute, yelling to the people around me to get on their feet (they did).  If they were going to lose, I didn\'t want to watch it sitting down.  And the same if they won.

Oh, boy did they win.   It was the greatest fan moment of my life, watching them celebrate in person, accept the trophy, etc.  

Last night cemented that Kemba Walker IS a super star.

Now time for the Big Dance. :)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 05:59:29 pm »
awesome game. i can\'t believe the level of basketball they played for five days straight. i hope they\'ve got six more good games left
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor