Author Topic: Wonder Bar; Boston, MA  (Read 1730 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« on: February 24, 2011, 08:32:38 pm »
Wonder Bar
186 Harvard Ave.
Boston, MA
Directions

21+ / $12

Doors: 9:00pm
Opener: Otis Grove 10:00pm
Kung Fu Set: 11:30pm

Where to next?

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:52:00 pm »
w0bble w3d3nsdays @ w0nder bar... lolzzz dubstep and shit.  I\'ll go for some fu tho...
allston represent, y0:inky:
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 10:47:11 pm »
thats my birthday.  hmm...

SkyePrizm

• separator
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 10:52:52 pm »
day after mine.......but i\'ll be in st. lucia :)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 05:17:00 pm »
bump for another show coming soon.  why is the city not in the title?

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 09:21:42 pm »
Could this be a Boston venue possibility for the Breakfast?
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 10:00:59 am »
bump for this week!
Where to next?

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 11:13:09 am »
didn\'t see that this with Otis Grove, that is awesome! Y\'alls are in for a fun night!

have a great show guys and be safe everybody!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 07:29:10 pm »
Best Kung Fu show I\'ve ever seen.

Almost got bounced out of the club for dancing too hard!! lol!

I taped it. So somebody hook up a setlist, I still don\'t have the names of all these songs straight. Then we can all listen.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 03:49:24 pm »
how was the turnout?  i went to the macpodz which was pretty much a dooze, but the show was decent.  the Spot Underground(formerly known as the Call) is totally pimp now, we def need to get the Breakfast to play there.  Kung Fu will be there on the 7th, but its 2 days after my surgery, so i\'ll probably still be hospitalized.

galenas

• Global Moderator
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 05:45:59 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;267195
how was the turnout?  i went to the macpodz which was pretty much a dooze, but the show was decent.  the Spot Underground(formerly known as the Call) is totally pimp now, we def need to get the Breakfast to play there.  Kung Fu will be there on the 7th, but its 2 days after my surgery, so i\'ll probably still be hospitalized.

sold out, according to stoops and kung fu facebook.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 06:37:10 pm »
Oh, it was a pack\'d house.

Here\'s the story of how I almost got kicked out for dancing with too much enthusiasm:

So, Otis Grove is playing, and I\'m getting warmed up. If you know me, I usually don\'t screw around at shows. Easy to find, front row. Next to some pretty girls.

Whatever, so set break, I\'m downstairs chillin.

Kung Fu goes on. Alright, I figure, now it\'s time to turn it up a notch. And Kung Fu is bringing the heat, so I start dancing like an antelope. Know what I mean, I drove 2+ hours, brought out a couple kads, so I\'m there to have some fun and burn some calories.

For the record, I did have a few shots of vodka prior the entering the bar, but I was pretty much straight as an arrow. Relatively. I mean, I had no problem standing up straight and looking people straight in the eye, if that\'s how you figure it.

So all of a sudden, I\'m getting tapped on the shoulder. I brush it off, whatever.

I\'m getting tapped on the shoulder again. I look, it\'s some big black dude. He\'s trying to get my attention. Okay. Well, I\'m actually dancing right now, so I\'ll get back to ya later?

This time he\'s kinda pulling on my shirt. Whatcha what, brah? He\'s like, come with me. I hold my hands up, like, I\'m all set with that, thanks. Return to dancing like an antelope. Unaware, at this point, that I had violated some societal standards or anything.

Then there\'s like 3 dudes. The original big black dude, he\'s like, no, really, you need to come with me. I\'m like whatever let\'s get this over with.

He asks me, whatchu drinkin? I have a vodka tonic in my hand, which would total my about 4th shot in about 3 hours time span. If you know me, I\'m a tank for substance, and this hasn\'t phased me in the slightest. So I go with the dude, and he\'s like ushering me out the front entrance.

We get to the front door, and he\'s pulling me out, so I stick my foot in the door. "Hold on, bro. I don\'t think you understand. I\'m not drunk at all, and I\'m certainly not leaving this club right now."

Dude looks me in the face, and says, "You\'re drunk."

"No, I\'m actually not. But I do love to dance."

Dude looks me in the eyes, can see I\'m actually pretty sober and tryin\' to have a good time. So I just walk back into the bar.

Two other guys come up to me and usher me up to some kind of seating area up to the side. Up there, the big black dude comes up and chills. And there\'s two fine ladies dancing up there. So I tell these two girls, "Yo, I just almost got bounced for dancing like an antelope!"

Girl #2 says, "More like a fox."  :lol:

So I start dancing with these two girls, while lookin this guy in the face, and finally he starts lauging, so I pat him on the back and head back up to the front.

Up there the other 2 dudes grab hold of me and ask me to talk to them in the back.

So I walk back there, like, what\'s the fuckin\' deal, kad?

"We got complaint that you brushed up against somebody while you were dancin\', we thought you were drunk. The manager wanted to kick you out but we didn\'t want to. So you just gotta settle down for a bit."

I\'m like, okay guys, I\'ll chill out for a minute. So they let me go back up front. After like 5 minutes the whole place was raging so hard that they couldn\'t tell me apart from anyone else in the whole fuckin house. So I resumed my antelope-style dance moves and it was game on from there.

By the end of the night I was chattin with all these bouncers and they were cool ass dudes and it was sort of a halarious situation all in all.

;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 07:13:32 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;267202

Here\'s the story of how I almost got kicked out for dancing with too much enthusiasm:

So, Otis Grove is playing, and I\'m getting warmed up. If you know me, I usually don\'t screw around at shows. Easy to find, front row. Next to some pretty girls.

Kung Fu goes on. Alright, I figure, now it\'s time to turn it up a notch. And Kung Fu is bringing the heat, so I start dancing like an antelope. Know what I mean, I drove 2+ hours, brought out a couple kads, so I\'m there to have some fun and burn some calories.

For the record, I did have a few shots of vodka prior the entering the bar, but I was pretty much straight as an arrow. Relatively. I mean, I had no problem standing up straight and looking people straight in the eye, if that\'s how you figure it.

So all of a sudden, I\'m getting tapped on the shoulder. I brush it off, whatever.

I\'m getting tapped on the shoulder again. I look, it\'s some big black dude. He\'s trying to get my attention. Okay. Well, I\'m actually dancing right now, so I\'ll get back to ya later?

This time he\'s kinda pulling on my shirt. Whatcha what, brah? He\'s like, come with me. I hold my hands up, like, I\'m all set with that, thanks. Return to dancing like an antelope. Unaware, at this point, that I had violated some societal standards or anything.

Then there\'s like 3 dudes. The original big black dude, he\'s like, no, really, you need to come with me. I\'m like whatever let\'s get this over with.

He asks me, whatchu drinkin? I have a vodka tonic in my hand, which would total my about 4th shot in about 3 hours time span. If you know me, I\'m a tank for substance, and this hasn\'t phased me in the slightest. So I go with the dude, and he\'s like ushering me out the front entrance.

We get to the front door, and he\'s pulling me out, so I stick my foot in the door. "Hold on, bro. I don\'t think you understand. I\'m not drunk at all, and I\'m certainly not leaving this club right now."

Dude looks me in the eyes, can see I\'m actually pretty sober and tryin\' to have a good time. So I just walk back into the bar.

Two other guys come up to me and usher me up to some kind of seating area up to the side. Up there, the big black dude comes up and chills. And there\'s two fine ladies dancing up there. So I tell these two girls, "Yo, I just almost got bounced for dancing like an antelope!"

So I start dancing with these two girls, while lookin this guy in the face, and finally he starts lauging, so I pat him on the back and head back up to the front.

Up there the other 2 dudes grab hold of me and ask me to talk to them in the back.

"We got complaint that you brushed up against somebody while you were dancin\', we thought you were drunk. The manager wanted to kick you out but we didn\'t want to. So you just gotta settle down for a bit."

I\'m like, okay guys, I\'ll chill out for a minute. So they let me go back up front. After like 5 minutes the whole place was raging so hard that they couldn\'t tell me apart from anyone else in the whole fuckin house. So I resumed my antelope-style dance moves and it was game on from there.

By the end of the night I was chattin with all these bouncers and they were cool ass dudes and it was sort of a halarious situation all in all.

;)

Another reason why I hate those east coast bars: overly proactive security/mgmt that often enjoys spoiling an innocent good time.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 08:32:32 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;267204

;)

Another reason why I hate those east coast bars: overly proactive security/mgmt that often enjoys spoiling an innocent good time.

that is def the case in boston and northampton and the like, but somehow providence always has the least security imaginable compared to other new england cities.  the living room was a prime example of this.  the new met has the exact same security as the old living room, just a nicer room with better sound.  its a lawless haven compared to the rest of the region.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Wonder Bar; Boston, MA
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 12:46:26 am »

;)

mark twain!
*Gia*