Author Topic: Bridge Street Live; Collinsville, CT  (Read 7089 times)

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
Bridge Street Live; Collinsville, CT
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 03:35:10 pm »
anyone heading up from New Haven area... hit me up for carpool

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 04:17:45 pm »
I\'d be up for that.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

GLuft3

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 06:26:12 pm »
Have fun, people!
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 08:33:11 pm »
Just got out of work... 90 minutes later than anticipated, looks like Im not going tonight :/

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 06:34:35 am »
Quote from: phish4breakfast;269340
Just got out of work... 90 minutes later than anticipated, looks like Im not going tonight :/

well i guess youre psyched you missed another "dmb" like show at least
*Gia*

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 07:43:24 am »
Quote from: bezerker;269348
Quote from: phish4breakfast;269340

well i guess youre psyched you missed another "dmb" like show at least

lol.  it was an 18+ venue too, clearly you\'re not that interested in seeing shows.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 09:41:23 am »
nice venue, good beer choices, and some good food... very swanky...tunes were good as always, but it was $18 bucks for the opener and only 1 set of fu...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 10:30:11 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 10:06:16 am »
you guys are spoiled.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 10:30:44 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;269355
you guys are spoiled.

haha... i guess the free set at soupstock tomorrow will make up for it.
Where to next?

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 11:05:04 am »
i know 18 dollars is a real burden on the pocket, but phish is 60 for pavilion and bands like moe. and bisco are 30 bucks usually.  so if kung fu or the breakfast start bringing in 20 dollar tickets then thats usually a good thing for the band.  do we want them to be poor forever?

phish4breakfast

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 11:40:47 am »
Yo I had to work mad hard  didnt get home til 830 Im an hour and a half away it wouldnt have been nowhere near worth it on my gas to do that. I wouldve had no time to pregame.

If it was a breakfast show I wouldve been there, it was Kung Fu, the one show wonder, hence the DMB reference

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 03:39:29 pm »
it was a different sound to get from Kung Fu last night.  as it was a large room filled with tables and people sitting for the most part, it created a different energy - think jazz cabaret with 20 or so 18 year old spunions in front.  they played fewer notes than usual.  it was very patient and sounded great.  there was no rush.  they let the music come.  and was a bit less frenetic.  the rattlesnake encore f\'n shredded.  

the real treat came after.  we all walked over to this old mill type space on a canal sort of across the street and round the way. there was a drum kit set up and they were working on the p.a.  the hosts then basically said to the guys... so ya ready to play!  

tim, adrian, dave and rob got going... jammed a bit and played two songs.  todd got his rig set up and they played another into a long jam.  other musicians started jumping in and trading off instruments... and made some interesting ambient notes.  all in all another solid hour of music from the Fu.  

^ that "second set" made the drive, the $, and what would have otherwise been a very early night very well worth it.  

sorry about the lack of song name knowledge.  they opened the show w/ bopcorn.  there was some steely dan played along the way.  and.... uh....  Fitzy? Vallo?  little help ;^>
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:40:01 pm by inCognito »

phish4breakfast

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 04:22:00 pm »
I wish I couldve gone if everything had worked out like it shouldve (i.e. my boss not being a doosh) I wouldve made it up there for sure. They have so many dates lined up Im really not that down about it... not as down as some people on this thread seem to be

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 04:59:55 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;269358
i know 18 dollars is a real burden on the pocket, but phish is 60 for pavilion and bands like moe. and bisco are 30 bucks usually.  so if kung fu or the breakfast start bringing in 20 dollar tickets then thats usually a good thing for the band.  do we want them to be poor forever?

point well taken... it was just an earlier night than i expected. i have no problem supporting them where and whatever they do, i was just surprised.
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 05:00:47 pm »
Quote from: inCognito;269365
it was a different sound to get from Kung Fu last night.  as it was a large room filled with tables and people sitting for the most part, it created a different energy - think jazz cabaret with 20 or so 18 year old spunions in front.  they played fewer notes than usual.  it was very patient and sounded great.  there was no rush.  they let the music come.  and was a bit less frenetic.  the rattlesnake encore f\'n shredded.  

the real treat came after.  we all walked over to this old mill type space on a canal sort of across the street and round the way. there was a drum kit set up and they were working on the p.a.  the hosts then basically said to the guys... so ya ready to play!  

tim, adrian, dave and rob got going... jammed a bit and played two songs.  todd got his rig set up and they played another into a long jam.  other musicians started jumping in and trading off instruments... and made some interesting ambient notes.  all in all another solid hour of music from the Fu.  

^ that "second set" made the drive, the $, and what would have otherwise been a very early night very well worth it.  

sorry about the lack of song name knowledge.  they opened the show w/ bopcorn.  there was some steely dan played along the way.  and.... uh....  Fitzy? Vallo?  little help ;^>

god damn! i wish i had known about that but i wasn\'t driving so it wasn\'t up to me to hang around long enough to discover that!
Where to next?