Author Topic: Phish in 2011  (Read 42083 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Phish in 2011
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 09:58:02 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;264569
When Phish feels like turning up the heat and jamming some intense trippy shit again, I will resume buying tickets.

Or when it\'s warm out and I got nothing better to do.

I\'ve been a pretty hard fan to win back and up until just a few months ago pretty much wrote them off as a band I\'ll go out of my way to see. They have had moments of brilliance that caught my interest since they\'ve come back.

Watching the MSG run I saw a band on it\'s way to being better than ever. The entire second set of the 31st was brilliant and full of that old Phish magic mixed with some newer tricks. The Ghost is a must hear in that it has the most uplifting jam I can recall in a long time from them. It really has a physical effect on me listening to it on disc I can only imagine what it was like in person.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Phish in 2011
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 10:19:11 am »
Phish is not good at playing music and the people at shows are sketchy as hell and the tickets are overpriced.  For your own safety and happiness, find something else to do.

OK I admit, I\'m just trying to drive down ticket demand.  If you like going to Phish shows, the smartest thing you can do is go on all the message boards and talk about how much shows suck.  If you can convince even 5 people not to go, that\'s 5 more tickets that you could end up getting!  And if everyone who wants to go to shows can convince 5 other people NOT to go, then ticket demand will be driven down by 80% and everyone will get choice seats for face value to any show they want.  So yeah, Phish sucks!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:22:30 am by Wolfman »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Phish in 2011
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 10:28:37 am »
has ticket demand been an issue at all last year outside of halloween and new years eve?  they didn\'t even sell out their smallest venues on regular tours, i don\'t see anything to worry about.  and i doubt 5,000 people will come out of the woodwork on the basis of one three day run alone.

galenas

• Global Moderator
Phish in 2011
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 11:14:50 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;264621
Phish is not good at playing music and the people at shows are sketchy as hell and the tickets are overpriced.  For your own safety and happiness, find something else to do.

OK I admit, I\'m just trying to drive down ticket demand.  If you like going to Phish shows, the smartest thing you can do is go on all the message boards and talk about how much shows suck.  If you can convince even 5 people not to go, that\'s 5 more tickets that you could end up getting!  And if everyone who wants to go to shows can convince 5 other people NOT to go, then ticket demand will be driven down by 80% and everyone will get choice seats for face value to any show they want.  So yeah, Phish sucks!

sounds like a plan!

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
Phish in 2011
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 11:25:33 am »
tix have been tough for shows i\'ve gone too....

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Phish in 2011
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 11:49:32 am »
which ones?

whether i\'ve gotten preorder, tm or day of show, i don\'t think one show i\'ve wanted to go to has been in the least bit tough(fenway and all hartfords and great woods).  I\'ve yet to really hear any stories of people getting locked out of shows they\'ve wanted to be at, and more often than not i\'ve heard more less than face stories than anything.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phish in 2011
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 11:56:13 am »

I like your thought process...
Where to next?

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Phish in 2011
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 12:05:14 pm »
of the extras i\'ve had, i\'ve sold them all for face or less. of the tix i\'ve bought, all have been for face or less
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Phish in 2011
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 01:20:59 pm »
well isn\'t your karma just in sparkling fresh condition!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Phish in 2011
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 01:43:29 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;264629

believe me, if i could have sold my extras for $100 apiece i would have. just relaying my recent ticket buying experiences.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Phish in 2011
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 03:42:38 pm »
i will sell my extras for ONE MILLION DOLLARS bwahaha
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Phish in 2011
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 04:46:58 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;264630
Quote from: bdfreetuna;264629

believe me, if i could have sold my extras for $100 apiece i would have. just relaying my recent ticket buying experiences.

is Karma based on intention or action?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

mothole

Phish in 2011
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 10:24:19 am »
whats up with phish at gelston castle in mohawk ny?? ive heard they are tryin to do something there this summer...

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Phish in 2011
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 11:15:50 am »
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Phish in 2011
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 09:19:41 pm »
Anyone have a link to download a recorded video stream from 12/31????