Author Topic: BAR; New Haven, CT  (Read 6891 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 10:46:50 am »
Quote from: Mark;270708
Got a present for ya!

schweeeeet!!! thank you!
Where to next?

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 09:08:00 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;270702
bump for my birthday show tomorrow!

You a 7/6er too?  im 7/6/84 which makes me 27, or three to the third (3^3).  also this is a rare money month (5 full wknds).  I thought 21 was my money year, went big, and crashed hard.  I don\'t put much stock in siperstitions, but I do respect the number 3; strongest, simplest polygon, strongest geometry in architecture, et cetera.  I\'m just imagining a connection to the psygns to fool my psyche (as much as setting you clock 5 mins ahead does...), to have some reason to focus and aspire, lest I simply work myself to death.
[/ramblings of a madman]

I never celebrate my birthday, but I can use it as an excuse to forget responsibilities and stability and do exactly what I want to do - BAR.

I hope I can find u and buy you the first beer!

Doin that Rag
♥♫∞

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 10:11:52 pm »
Quote from: cannontrip;270726

You a 7/6er too?  im 7/6/84 which makes me 27, or three to the third (3^3).  also this is a rare money month (5 full wknds).  I thought 21 was my money year, went big, and crashed hard.  I don\'t put much stock in siperstitions, but I do respect the number 3; strongest, simplest polygon, strongest geometry in architecture, et cetera.  I\'m just imagining a connection to the psygns to fool my psyche (as much as setting you clock 5 mins ahead does...), to have some reason to focus and aspire, lest I simply work myself to death.
[/ramblings of a madman]

I never celebrate my birthday, but I can use it as an excuse to forget responsibilities and stability and do exactly what I want to do - BAR.

Doin that Rag

B-A-R... 3 letters...7/6/79er here, turnin 32! hope to see you! we\'ve probably seen each other many times... im just terrible with names...
Where to next?

galenas

• Global Moderator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 09:38:58 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;270729
Quote from: cannontrip;270726

[/ramblings of a madman]

Doin that Rag

B-A-R... 3 letters...7/6/79er here, turnin 32! hope to see you! we\'ve probably seen each other many times... im just terrible with names...

if you were turning 33 i would have come tonight. ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!!!!

galenas

• Global Moderator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 04:11:42 pm »
someone should probably pick me up along the merritt...... pleeeaaaase? :D

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 07:41:08 pm »
If I didn\'t currently have a fever of 102.7 I\'d probably be there :sadban:  Have fun!!!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 08:15:11 am »
2011-07-06 - Unofficial Setlist
Set I: jam > Fly Like an Eagle > Summer Girl, Independence Day(? Elliot Smith song), Walk the Line, She Don\'t Use Jelly, The Way We Get By(?), Golgi Apparatus*, Mother\'s Little Helper, It Was a Good Day, Trippin\' Billies, Karma Police > Wonderwall > In the Summertime > I Wanna Get High> Llama

Set II: Legalize It > Johnny B. Goode, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, The Grobe, I Used to Love Her(?), Loving Cup > Sleeping Beauty, Freebird, Bird Song, Drain You > Phaddy Boom Baddy > Drain You > Phaddy Boom Baddy

*with Sample In a Jar, Tweezer & Divided Sky teases

Thanks to those who came! Made it a great night! Special thanks to GLuft for gettin Timmy to keep my island groove goin with the Phaddy Boom Baddy!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:26:28 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 08:21:16 am »
Quote from: Mark;270767
If I didn\'t currently have a fever of 102.7 I\'d probably be there :sadban:  Have fun!!!

Sorry to hear Mark... hope you feel better for Friday!!!
Where to next?

galenas

• Global Moderator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 03:13:01 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;270775

sorry mark!! how are you today??

galenas

• Global Moderator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2011, 03:15:13 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;270774

Nirvana tune > Phaddy Boom Baddy > ? > Phaddy Boom Baddy

^ Drain You > PBB > Drain You > PBB I think he went back into Drain You, from what I recall?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2011, 03:48:42 pm »
Quote from: galenas;270786

After lying in a pool of sweat all night, much better thanks! :rooster:
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

galenas

• Global Moderator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2011, 04:34:58 pm »
Quote from: Mark;270789
Quote from: galenas;270786

After lying in a pool of sweat all night, much better thanks! :rooster:

:(  Sounds miserable, but here\'s to a quick mend. Better to get sick now rather than next week for Breakfest!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2011, 01:12:36 am »
Is there a show this Wednesday?  A separate thread for each bar show would be a lot more easier to follow since there\'s separate threads for all tim\'s other monthly gigs.

SkyePrizm

• separator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2011, 01:18:24 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;271503
Is there a show this Wednesday?  

yes, there is.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
BAR; New Haven, CT
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2011, 09:36:34 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;271503
Is there a show this Wednesday?  A separate thread for each bar show would be a lot more easier to follow since there\'s separate threads for all tim\'s other monthly gigs.

Diana set it up this way sometime ago... I assume it helped save some time for her.  I do my best to make sure that I bump whatever gigs are happening that week on Mondays and then again the day of.  When the time span that she set this up for runs out I will try to do it on a month to month basis...
Where to next?