Author Topic: Stella Blues; New Haven, CT  (Read 2450 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Stella Blues; New Haven, CT
« on: December 19, 2010, 08:33:17 pm »
Stella Blues

204 Crown Street
New Haven, CT 06510
United States
(203) 752-9764

Cabin Fever Residency
21+ / $7
8:30pm

DIRECTIONS

Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:44:28 am »
*love* bump for those that are considering heading down this evening... ill see you all next monday!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:48:45 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 10:46:03 am »
Damn, I want to see a show at Stella Blues. This is going to be a good time! Enjoy this everybody!!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 07:34:43 pm »
Hope this is webcammed. I\'m gonna keep an eye on actual starting time... if they really start anywhere close to 8:30 or 9:00, which I doubt, maybe I\'ll make it down next week.

Or just wait for Northampton. I am having minor shred-fusion withdrawls atm though.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:37:29 pm »
i think its usually closer to 9:30ish... i just post the times that are given...deceiving bastards.
Where to next?

snwckgtr

• aka snickerdoodle
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 07:49:30 pm »
called earlier and they said 10

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:43:20 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;265660
Hope this is webcammed. I\'m gonna keep an eye on actual starting time... if they really start anywhere close to 8:30 or 9:00, which I doubt, maybe I\'ll make it down next week.

Or just wait for Northampton. I am having minor shred-fusion withdrawls atm though.

they have been asking me not to run a live stream at the shows. you should try to make it next week!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 08:51:59 pm »
^^
Huh. I can understand why they would ask that. But in my imagination it seems the live stream was a big part of their initial success of the first residency.

Weren\'t they thanking you and Matt for running the live stream before? Fickle peoples.

I believe the fact is that whether it be Breakfast, Kung Fu, or any side projects we may enjoy, the more people that get to experience it in any form (paid or not), the greater long-term success these bands will have.

Reminds me of last year when we weren\'t supposed to tape shows for a couple months or something... and now the band is disappointed if a show doesn\'t get taped ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 09:49:36 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;265664
^^
Huh. I can understand why they would ask that. But in my imagination it seems the live stream was a big part of their initial success of the first residency.

Weren\'t they thanking you and Matt for running the live stream before? Fickle peoples.

I believe the fact is that whether it be Breakfast, Kung Fu, or any side projects we may enjoy, the more people that get to experience it in any form (paid or not), the greater long-term success these bands will have.

Reminds me of last year when we weren\'t supposed to tape shows for a couple months or something... and now the band is disappointed if a show doesn\'t get taped ;)

i think it was no more soundboard recordings... i dont think it was recordings all together. that would suck. who asked not to do the webcasts? the band or the venue?
Where to next?

heynow592

• Breathe In Breathe Out
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 09:54:43 pm »
I, for one miss the live feed.  How am I going to make it through tax season?

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 10:13:18 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;265666
i think it was no more soundboard recordings... i dont think it was recordings all together. that would suck. who asked not to do the webcasts? the band or the venue?

band has been asking me not to since main pub but i did first week of stellas anyway. i had been running 1 webcast a week on the kung fu channel between breakfast/kung fu/timmytour and the # of unique viewers was going up by over 100 viewers per webcast each week. i wanted to keep that trend going for as long as possible.

we had 420 unique viewers the first week of the residency and i didnt see any local .infoers in the chat room.  now there is nothing else to webcast, and we lose the audience that we built up.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 10:54:44 pm »
wow I had no idea the webcasts were getting even close to that kind of exposure!

surely 95% of the people watching the webcasts would be unable or unwilling to make it to the actual show anyway, so their exposure to the music in any fashion is a complete win for the band. New viewers see what it\'s about, and old fans can stay excited about the music and the scene even if they\'re not able to attend.

I watched weeks 2,3,4 of the first residency. Had trouble logging in a couple times, which is since seemed fixed (probably due to some software update on my end) but usually when I watch webcasts I don\'t log into chat anyway. Seeing the residencies on the UStream made me realize that Kung Fu was going to be awesome. Previously I had been holding a retrospectively irrational grudge-of-sorts against the band due to fear it was a "phasing out" of The Breakfast, or something.

But back to the point, and I hope members of the band read this... I work in advertising and you guys are missing out on the kind of free exposure that, well, you just can\'t buy!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:56:59 pm by bdfreetuna »

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 11:15:32 pm »
Stella Blues has been packed at all the webcasts I\'ve seen.  Webcasts don\'t seem to be cutting into attendance there and have the benefit of keeping people like me engaged when we would otherwise have little reason to be thinking about Kung Fu on a given Monday night.  However, I understand a fear that numbers will drop when everyone knows the webcast is a certainty.  

Keep the webcasts alive!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 01:09:28 am »
Seems Kung Fu is borrowing The Breakfast\'s shoes.
Those Clown ones.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 02:16:19 am »
i don\'t even watch the webcasts and i know that is a bad idea.  get your head on straight, tpalms.  if you have a problem with the video taping or if its the venue\'s problem, surely relay any such problems to us so we can alleviate the issue.  the webcast helps get people in other parts of the country into a band they\'d have never known of otherwise.  now i don\'t know your future plans with kung fu but if you ever do plan on hitting the road, its shit like this thats gonna help get your name out there.  right now you guys are bringing out a brand of funk that is hither to unknown by most music fans, and a future tour will not sell nearly as well on your past merits alone is it would if people get the chance to see these stella blues shows that aren\'t bringin in any less people because of it.  420 views last monday?  seriously guys,  think with your heads.  spreading the music to more people will only do positive things in the long run.  wouldn\'t you like to reach broader fanbase than you previously ever had with the breakfast?  i would like you too(and i really don\'t even like kung fu all that much).  do the right thing.