Author Topic: members of the breakfast have....  (Read 7270 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
members of the breakfast have....
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 12:55:21 am »
Quote from: tmn8r1;262554
Since the other band members posted I might as well.

The Breakfast is 12 years old. Our balls are older. Our fans older. Are we megastars? no. Are we happy musicians making great music? yes. How have we been able to keep this going? People still like our music, become fans, and come to shows.

I am grateful, I know the band is grateful, and maybe that gets lost on this site a little for it hasn\'t been a smooth ride but when is life ever a smooth ride? it isn\'t. its the tenacity and endurance that is needed to keep consistent and stay alive.

I do my best to keep the site updated and have helpers who do the same. If a gig doesn\'t get posted, somebody post it. Dave Pec (MKDEVO) no longer comes to shows or posts on this site. He is no longer a fan. We have let him down as a fan. He is still our friend, but he takes what we have done personal somehow. I don\'t know why. We still thank him for starting this site though and his support over the years.

Mike Deary - thank you for helping us out with this site! really you and many others have done lots for this band and we appreciate it.

This site will have its positive/negative threads - the main thing is do we want to foster a open minded scene and appreciate all things Breakfast in 2010 and on, or be critical of every move we make and throw a dark cloud on the fanbase?
its up to everyone.

I post here and there when necessary. i don\'t check in that much anymore with all the music projects, life\'s responsibilities and facebook. its quite a social network isn\'t it. :)

The Freakout was an amazing time and i was visiting .info to see the feedback and this is what i saw. bummer.

To our new fans, lets keep rocking. We have music to make and we want to share it with you.

Virtual Group Hug now squeeze............

Next show Toad\'s Place - lets fucking rage it!

peace

I love you Tim.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

LBoogie

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 10:21:55 am »
please shut this board down.  its so bad for business its shocking.  borderline psychotic, and extremely un productive.  people....seriously.....find a new hobby and leave these people alone.  especially the band.  i cant believe this site is even still up.  its the same group of twenty or so people bitching about nonsense that pretty much no one could give two shits about.  honestly.  you\'ve all ruined this board for any "new fans"  thats for sure.  no one wants to read this negativity over and over and over again.  and to the band.....its a bigger waste of time for you to be reading it, let alone respond to it.  you\'re all incredibly talented people with alot on your plates as it is.  and i feel you all do a great job with everything that you do.  screw this board.  pretend it doesnt exist.  :)

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 10:37:00 am »
don\'t do that, because then I would never know when the next show is (and not all people are negative on this board, just some).
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 11:45:11 am »
i will say that as someone without facebook, its tough to find out about gigs in general without it. however, i realize that 1) i\'m in the minority for not having facebook, and 2) it doesn\'t really matter anyway, since i\'m not in the touring radius anymore anyway.

i am surprised there\'s not a kung fu board, but if its being done via fb, then i suppose that works just as well if not better.

tyzack

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 11:57:51 am »
Wow, I haven\'t read a really good flame thread in years!

Thanks guys, that made my lunch.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

stublatt

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 12:13:28 pm »
No need to \'shut this board down\'.  Show reviews, setlists, etc are quite entertaining and informative.  And yeah, there is gonna always be some negative shit amongst the positive vibes.  That\'s life in general, man, and we all have to deal with it, I suppose.
  The overall issue within this post is pretty basic: We would all like to go to a site that we could easily see what shows are coming up in the days/weeks/months ahead.  Duane is not the only guy that would like a one-stop web site that will give him all of his live music options - preferrably in a nice calendar format (which .info offers) - and see exactly where Adrian, Tim, Chris and Jordan are performing - in all shapes/flavors/sizes (Breakfast, A-Z, K Fu, GTB, and any and all of their other side projects).  And from what I\'ve seen amongst the posts on this particular thread, there are quite a few \'superfans\' amongst us who would be willing to help the guys out andpost all of these shows as soon as they\'re booked.
  Forget the negativity for a second.  Making this work makes total sense for both musicians and supportive fans alike.  We all know that Facebook is now the go-to site for most of us - and the boys post a lot of their stuff there - and on their band-specific web sites as well.  But most of the Facebook promos work as a post on peoples walls - which doesn\'t stick around long once people get 80 other wall posts from friends during the day.  Breakfast.info, on the other hand, does and can bring fans of all the different projects together in one specific location - and if we know that all upcoming shows WILL be posted here - on the available calendars, this site can continue on - and be a major asset in promoting and sharing what we all come here for in the first place - info and blogging.
  If one specific person steps up as \'that guy\' - the one that will be responsible for posting all of these shows on the calendars, then each of the musicians e-mails or texts them with their freshly booked shows as soon as it happens.  And if it is done consistently by all, then the guys could and should be able to go to the calendars here when they are going to book future shows - to see what dates are available.
  Could and should work  -   Just my 2 sense

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 12:38:34 pm »
for those looking for discussion elsewhere, or a place to convert new fans, you could always try PT Breakfast
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

santropez

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 01:01:21 pm »
Quote from: LBoogie;262653
please shut this board down.  its so bad for business its shocking.  borderline psychotic, and extremely un productive.  people....seriously.....find a new hobby and leave these people alone.  especially the band.  i cant believe this site is even still up.  its the same group of twenty or so people bitching about nonsense that pretty much no one could give two shits about.  honestly.  you\'ve all ruined this board for any "new fans"  thats for sure.  no one wants to read this negativity over and over and over again.  and to the band.....its a bigger waste of time for you to be reading it, let alone respond to it.  you\'re all incredibly talented people with alot on your plates as it is.  and i feel you all do a great job with everything that you do.  screw this board.  pretend it doesnt exist.  :)

please don\'t shut the board down.  i like it here.  

signed

newish fan

Quote from: tmn8r1;262554

The Freakout was an amazing time and i was visiting .info to see the feedback and this is what i saw. bummer.

To our new fans, lets keep rocking. We have music to make and we want to share it with you.

Virtual Group Hug now squeeze............

Next show Toad\'s Place - lets fucking rage it!

peace

:):D:wave::newbie:

the freakout was amazing
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 01:01:21 pm by santropez »

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 01:12:58 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;262665
for those looking for discussion elsewhere, or a place to convert new fans, you could always try PT Breakfast

Yes for this! That was one of the reasons that group was started... I love when a good Breakfast/Fu thread gets goin on the green board.  Although its funny to me that many of the people that post on them say things like "yeah I remember those guys back in the day" or "those guys used to shred but they don\'t come around much anymore".  This is definitely a place expose, accumulate, cultivate and try to expand the fan base.  Granted alot of the people maybe the same... but I think PT has a much wider pool of people to pull from... and then when they want more detailed info, refer them here... and it would "hopefully" expand the community here...You just need a little bit of accelerant to turn a spark into a raging fire!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 01:15:05 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 01:21:42 pm »
can new members even sign up here without it being a hassle?  i remember gfunk saying someone had trouble being admitted to .info.  i don\'t know if that was a one off deal or if thats common these days.  either way if .info isn\'t accepting new heads ion a timely fashion, its pretty dick.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 01:28:21 pm »
yeah i dont know who gets the requests sent to them for newbies at this point... when dave was doing the day to day handlings, i\'m pretty sure he took care of all that. im sure it gets sent to one/some of the other admins, but i don\'t know who. someones been doing it though because we\'ve had some new peeps around here in the past few months...
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 02:10:05 pm »
From my marketing perspective I think Stublatt has the right brain cells firing around in his cranium, here.

- PT does have a larger audience, but it\'s also designed like shit, full of complete morons, and 90% of discussion goes down the shitter upon inception of the thread. For this reason, I suspect a good fraction of the people who post here don\'t and won\'t post on PT. I\'m one of these people, anyway. As much as "it sucks here", I actually like it.

- This board is not bad for business. It just isn\'t doing much good for business. That said, this is a fan board::: and giving the fans a board where they can pretty much say whatever, bitch and moan if they feel like it, break balls freely, and exchange misinformation about the band and possible upcoming shows is now part of Breakfast Culture.

So, any possible new board, which I am still considering giving a go... will remain a board for the fans by the fans. Except it would welcome in a more diverse audience of fans, attempt to section off the bitching and moaning, and not "work for the band" because of any particular directions... actually I think a new board should be broader than just Breakfast / Kung Fu as I\'ve stated... and this would allow all jazz-rock-fusion fans to simply discover that Breakfast and Kung Fu pretty much dominate this kind of music, if they didn\'t already know that. Also, people here are looking for one-stop-browsing ::: it would make sense to have contributing editors / moderators from all over the USA so we could mutually spread the word about our respective regional favorites. Yes, the calendar would be essential that it be a very good, comprehensive calendar. This would have to be a team effort. You simply can\'t rely on any band to send in their information. Although, if they were *smart*, they would.

- New Users Here: Still a problem. I\'m still waiting for my ghost account to be activated ;)

- FACEBOOK: Yes Facew00k is huge right now. But to assume everyone is using it is a marketing mistake I see more and more people and businesses making. Recognize this as a social trend, one that not everyone is following or going to follow, and it could easily and quickly be replaced by something better. Or there could even be a cultural fall-out, for various reasons.

To market *only* using Facebook, like Kung Fu is pretty much doing right now, is a great way to take a coiling steamer on any kind of respectable brand recognition you might get otherwise, with like, a quality web site, or really robust and self-regulated online community.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 02:32:29 pm »
all i wanted to do was point out.... again(i\'ve spoken with adrian and jordan about this on numerous occasions) that they should put their other gigs up. they don\'t want to or they don\'t care. i\'m wondering why i care about it more than they do. didn\'t mean to start all this. the time adrian took to tell me why he doesn\'t, would have been enough time to put up all his gigs. he obviously doesn\'t want to. (and it\'s NOT cause he doesnt frequent this board) i will continue to use this board to find timmy shows but thats it. i\'m obviously a negative influence. funny though......i feel i\'m correct about this and none of this would have gone any farther if adrian had just said "yeah....you\'re right." if it can go up on facebook, it can go up here. sorry for the negativity. won\'t happen again. you\'re all doing great. keep up the awesome work.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2010, 02:38:17 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;262677
all i wanted to do was point out.... again(i\'ve spoken with adrian and jordan about this on numerous occasions) that they should put their other gigs up. they don\'t want to or they don\'t care. i\'m wondering why i care about it more than they do. didn\'t mean to start all this. the time adrian took to tell me why he doesn\'t, would have been enough time to put up all his gigs. he obviously doesn\'t want to. (and it\'s NOT cause he doesnt frequent this board) i will continue to use this board to find timmy shows but thats it. i\'m obviously a negative influence. funny though......i feel i\'m correct about this and none of this would have gone any farther if adrian had just said "yeah....you\'re right." if it can go up on facebook, it can go up here. sorry for the negativity. won\'t happen again. you\'re all doing great. keep up the awesome work.

just curious what was the unannounced gig that caused this whole tailspin?

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2010, 02:49:31 pm »
i\'ve done my best to keep this place running over the past year, but at this point life is leading me elsewhere and i just don\'t have the time to post shows/setlists/etc like i used to. but what would life be without dot info?? so many friends have been made here, so many laughs. we need fresh blood, that\'s for sure, but i would hate to see a community like this just fall apart!