Author Topic: Bfam Outdoor Sports Meet-Up Thread (hiking, skiing, biking, running, etc)  (Read 16131 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Bfam Outdoor Sports Meet-Up Thread (hiking, skiing, biking, running, etc)
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 02:24:39 pm »
As much deets as you\'ll probably get are on Jambase.com , I believe. There was a thread posted here but, random-ass, apparently, indeed.

Hopefully will be a success and good alternative to Harper\'s Wackferry for eastern MA.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 03:51:07 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;262298
As much deets as you\'ll probably get are on Jambase.com , I believe. There was a thread posted here but, random-ass, apparently, indeed.

Hopefully will be a success and good alternative to Harper\'s Wackferry for eastern MA.

I highly doubt that. If a random bar in Fall River is trying to replace a well known bar in Alston...then times are pretty bad.

I\'ll do my best to promote this as UMass Dartmouth.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 10:20:14 pm »
:lol: Look out mountain, here we come! ;)

“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 10:50:57 pm »
I really wouldn\'t call it a random bar since it gets a lot of good shows.  it would be more a replacement to the now defunct Jerky\'s in Providence than any Boston venue.  Either way, its a pretty cool  venue and you can drink for free there, so much as you supply it yourself, and it has a parking lot that lends itself for whathaveyou.  all around good place and hopefully they can come back in a show by themselves.

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 03:33:42 pm »
Of course I\'d be down for anything outdoorsy. I\'d like to do an extreme backpacking adventure, but of course it has to be long distances and way the hell out in the middle of nowhere. Winter\'s not a bad idea for such a ridiculous feat, but I\'m speaking from a well-insulated warm cushioned perspective. I\'m not experienced with skiing, but I love trekking around in the snow and seeing some good views. Is it me or is that a crapload of money to pay for ski passes for one day? What we need is our own damn land, and lots of it.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 08:09:50 pm »
I went skiing once and it didn\'t end pretty. I was 14 and I become close friends with a orange mesh net at the bottom of the bunny hill. anyone want to show a noob the ropes though, then I\'d be in.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 08:18:36 pm »
Linds, it sure is a crapload.. highway robbery most of the time. It\'s all about the special deal days / coupons / etc. Still not a cheap sport by any means.. but if you get a decent deal at a nice mountain on a good snow day IMO it\'s totally worth it.

Paul, last time I gave a "lesson" was to a girl I had a crush on in 6th grade. It didn\'t work out so well. Wanna see if my instructor skills have improved since then? ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 10:51:59 am »
For all you western-mass people:

Black Friday Trail -

Start 2 PM

Park Directions
Beartown State Forest is located in the southern Berkshires in western Massachusetts.
From East or West/MassPike (I-90): Take Exit 2 in Lee. Follow MA Rte. 102 west for 4.7 miles to Stockbridge. Turn left and follow U.S. Rte. 7 south for 6.1 miles to Great Barrington. Turn left and follow MA Rte. 23 east for 5.3 miles to Monterey. Turn left onto Blue Hill Road then follow the brown lead-in signs; 0.5 miles to park headquarters on left, or 2.2 miles to park entrance on right (Benedict Pond Rd.).

From North or South/ Rte. 7: From US Rte. 7 in Great Barrington, take MA Rte. 23 east for 5.3 miles to Monterey. Turn left onto Blue Hill Road then follow the brown lead-in signs; 0.5 miles to park headquarters on left, or 2.2 miles to park entrance on right (Benedict Pond Rd.).

This is will most likely be a "shiggy" trail meaning that we will be doing trail/forest r*nning so wear r*nning clothes that have some ability to withstand elements. Orange is highly recomended/required if you don\'t want to be shot.

If you show up, look for me (I will be wearing an orange t-shirt that has a picture of the Moxie guy on it), and I\'ll sponsor you.

DO NOT wear clothing that advertises racing or r*nning (racist atire)
DO NOT wear new shoes.

HashCash is $10 and that covers beer and food at the ON-IN.
-Wiki
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:56:42 am by tyzack »
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 06:52:58 pm »
bump for ski season!

So, I\'m going to Bromley tomorrow. Debut of the Tachyon XC Micro helmet cam. Hope to take that through some glades now that we\'ve got some snow. I\'m going up there with my dad and kind of short notice for this, though.

Sunday, I would like to go skiing again, and I am open to suggestions. But most likely I will go to Berkshire East if I do go anywhere.

Went to Mount Snow last weekend and it sort of sucked. Scratchy conditions, cost me $78 f\'in dollars for a ticket, and it had been a while since I\'d gone there so I forgot what a generally shitty mountain it is. Guiness pints at the summit lodge were excellent.

I am considering a day at Sugarbush or Mad River Glen following The Breakfast in Burlington.. the show\'s on the 22nd, follow that with a hotel, and ski on Sunday before heading home.

I know Stowe and Smuggler\'s Notch are closer but Stowe is overrated taxation and I have something against Smuggler\'s Notch for whatever reason. Probably because it sucks.

Anyone interested in that Bfast > Ski thing?

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 07:56:55 pm »
i went to jiminy last night, it was the best skiing ive ever experienced.  Absolutely insane, cutting into 2.5 feet of fresh powder.  Id like to go sunday, especially if i can get someone to travel from albany.  i\'m down for any mountain in the berkshires cause its close to albany.
DS Newbers

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 09:17:26 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;264740
bump for ski season!

So, I\'m going to Bromley tomorrow. Debut of the Tachyon XC Micro helmet cam. Hope to take that through some glades now that we\'ve got some snow. I\'m going up there with my dad and kind of short notice for this, though.

Sunday, I would like to go skiing again, and I am open to suggestions. But most likely I will go to Berkshire East if I do go anywhere.

Went to Mount Snow last weekend and it sort of sucked. Scratchy conditions, cost me $78 f\'in dollars for a ticket, and it had been a while since I\'d gone there so I forgot what a generally shitty mountain it is. Guiness pints at the summit lodge were excellent.

I am considering a day at Sugarbush or Mad River Glen following The Breakfast in Burlington.. the show\'s on the 22nd, follow that with a hotel, and ski on Sunday before heading home.

I know Stowe and Smuggler\'s Notch are closer but Stowe is overrated taxation and I have something against Smuggler\'s Notch for whatever reason. Probably because it sucks.

Anyone interested in that Bfast > Ski thing?

MAGIC MOUNTAIN saturday!! it\'s like 15 min from bromley!!!

stublatt

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 09:47:46 pm »
Sammy B and his dad will be bumping it up big time at Okemo this weekend.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 11:18:44 pm »
I\'ve never been to Magic! People tell me it\'s awesome! HmmMMMmmmMm!

damn lmk next time you go .. if I don\'t just show up there Saturday :)

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 02:08:42 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;264749
I\'ve never been to Magic! People tell me it\'s awesome! HmmMMMmmmMm!

damn lmk next time you go .. if I don\'t just show up there Saturday :)

magic is great. tougher terrain; small family mountain. can\'t wait! :D

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 04:16:15 pm »
anyone interested in some 12 oz curls during playoff football just message me.  In Old Saybrook.