Author Topic: Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)  (Read 21240 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2010, 02:13:23 pm »
Quote from: leith
Wait until Kobe gets interested in winning it all on Boston\'s floor.
Quote from: Vassillios;257955
wait til kobe gets injured and his career is over.

Yeah let\'s see in the past 4 years he\'s had knee surgery,2 avulsion fractures in the right index finger of his shooting hand and his knee drained last week. In that time he has led The Lakers to 3 straight NBA Finals.
Any other pearls of wisdom you wish to bestow?

yeah, you suck
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:18:07 pm by Vassillios »
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2010, 03:51:38 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;258029
Quote from: leith

Wait until Kobe gets interested in winning it all on Boston\'s floor.

Quote from: Vassillios;257955

wait til kobe gets injured and his career is over.

Yeah let\'s see in the past 4 years he\'s had knee surgery,2 avulsion fractures in the right index finger of his shooting hand and his knee drained last week. In that time he has led The Lakers to 3 straight NBA Finals.
Any other pearls of wisdom you wish to bestow?

yeah, you suck

:lol:
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2010, 04:02:54 pm »
They need to get a bib on that Big Baby in case another uncontrollable string of drool shoots out.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2010, 10:49:22 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;258037
They need to get a bib on that Big Baby in case another uncontrollable string of drool shoots out.

Glen "not a baby anymore" davis can drool whenever and where ever he wants. Gonna be a big game tonight!

Vassillios

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2010, 07:52:28 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;258037

haha that was pretty funny. he\'s like randy from my name is earl... except black

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2010, 08:51:43 pm »
4th quarter scoring this series:

Celts: 25  Lakers: 18
Celts: 31  Lakers: 22
Celts: 23  Lakers: 24
Celts: 36  Lakers: 27

115 - 91

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2010, 11:01:13 pm »
NOW THAT WAS THE BOSTON CELTICS!!!!

Tonight, the boys in green proved why they are indeed the better team....  Lakers are Kobe.  The Celtics are an actual team.  :)  Rondo was sprinting circles around everyone this evening the only way Rondo knows how.  Pierce was the best I\'ve seen him in awhile.  Allen\'s defense was superb.  I could go on and on about everyone who participated.   But all in all, they played with the hearts of champions.  They played like they want this title more than anyone on the Lakers.  

I predicted Celtics in 6 and I am sticking to it.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2010, 11:02:04 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;257582
a bunch of old hacks wouldn\'t have been able to beat the 2 best teams in the league in consecutive series.  also we took out d. wade, l. james, and d. howard all in a row, better team chemistry + defense wins championships.  so long kobe.  celts in 6.

sąikidélik

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2010, 11:52:48 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;257859
Quote from: leith;257837
Quote from: sąikidélik;257836
If the first game had been in Boston im sure it would have looked much different. Its only been one game. and kobe is a rapist. Lets talk when this is squared away.

But it wasn\'t and neither is game 2 where more of the same is waiting for the celts.

I disagree. I feel confident about the game tomorrow night. This is where we pick up momentum going into the games in boston. game 6 and 7 will be your attempts at redemption if it even goes that far.

I felt good about this championship from the beginning. And there was no way we were loosing two at home. Its clear who looks better right now. and i swear kobe made a deal with the devil to hit anything outside the 3 point line, and he still cant carry the lakers.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 01:18:48 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;258078
NOW THAT WAS THE BOSTON CELTICS!!!!

Tonight, the boys in green proved why they are indeed the better team....  Lakers are Kobe.  The Celtics are an actual team.  :)  Rondo was sprinting circles around everyone this evening the only way Rondo knows how.  Pierce was the best I\'ve seen him in awhile.  Allen\'s defense was superb.  I could go on and on about everyone who participated.   But all in all, they played with the hearts of champions.  They played like they want this title more than anyone on the Lakers.  

I predicted Celtics in 6 and I am sticking to it.

I didn\'t get to watch this game due to a prior engagement but from the clips and what I was told I can\'t argue this time. Kobe came to play everyone else just wanted to go home. So they\'ll have to take it to 7 and have homecourt mean something.
Quote from: sąikidélik;258080
Quote from: sąikidélik;257859
Quote from: leith;257837
Quote from: sąikidélik;257836
If the first game had been in Boston im sure it would have looked much different. Its only been one game. and kobe is a rapist. Lets talk when this is squared away.

But it wasn\'t and neither is game 2 where more of the same is waiting for the celts.

I disagree. I feel confident about the game tomorrow night. This is where we pick up momentum going into the games in boston. game 6 and 7 will be your attempts at redemption if it even goes that far.

I felt good about this championship from the beginning. And there was no way we were loosing two at home. Its clear who looks better right now. and i swear kobe made a deal with the devil to hit anything outside the 3 point line, and he still cant carry the lakers.

They haven\'t won shit yet.
Go LAKERS!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2010, 09:53:18 am »
Wish Kevin Garnett was the fourth-best player on my team....

Also, Phil Jackson in the huddle talking about the Celtics blowing games in the fourth quarter was spot on. Yes, the waved-off shot clock violation was a bad call, but it was immediately followed by KG losing a jump-ball to Derek Fisher. Artest needs to finish that lay-up, or at least hit a free throw. Then Rasheed takes a bad three (surprise, surprise), and the Lakers don\'t capitalize.

\'Sheed is like that annoying kid in little league who goes 0-for-the season but still gloats like an MVP when his team wins it all.

Celtics in six was my original pick, but if somebody gave me 5:1 on the Lakers right now, I would probably take it.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2010, 10:10:07 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;258085
Wish Kevin Garnett was the fourth-best player on my team....

Also, Phil Jackson in the huddle talking about the Celtics blowing games in the fourth quarter was spot on. Yes, the waved-off shot clock violation was a bad call, but it was immediately followed by KG losing a jump-ball to Derek Fisher. Artest needs to finish that lay-up, or at least hit a free throw. Then Rasheed takes a bad three (surprise, surprise), and the Lakers don\'t capitalize.

\'Sheed is like that annoying kid in little league who goes 0-for-the season but still gloats like an MVP when his team wins it all.

Celtics in six was my original pick, but if somebody gave me 5:1 on the Lakers right now, I would probably take it.

that may have been the celtics of the regular season, but clearly the playoff celtics are a different beast alltogether.  as i mentioned above in the 4th quarter scoring post, they outscored the lakers in the 4th in 3 of the first 4 games, and the other one they had 1 less point, so he can throw that argument out the window.  i understand he\'s using as a way to motivate the team and get them to think they can win it, but the celtics have been finishers throughout these playoffs.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2010, 11:00:25 am »
So the Celtics have the Lakers right where they want them. But as a Lakers\' fan, I\'m looking at it from the perspective that all Los Angeles needs to do is win two games to win the NBA title. That\'s it: go 2-0. There are many worse scenarios.

Furthermore, Boston blew it\'s chance to clinch at home by losing Game 3 and blew home-court advantage in this series by limping through the regular season. Now it costs them. Now Boston chokes.

Go Lakers!

sąikidélik

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2010, 01:45:06 pm »
Quote from: leith;258083

They haven\'t won shit yet.
Go LAKERS!

I didn\'t say anything was over yet, i just said things are going how i saw them going. game 6 or game 7 i have no f\'n clue. (If i had a hand in financing i would say game 7.) I DO know its going to be great basketball and i know where the momentum lyes. But if anyone can handle the situation its the lakers. Except, bynums knee is clearly hurting and your bench is doing worse then kobe alone in the percentages. If kobe can\'t keep it up you might be in trouble, but you are at home. Although i dont see that affecting the CELTICS. see you in game 6.

Vassillios

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2010, 06:23:42 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;258092
So the Celtics have the Lakers right where they want them. But as a Lakers\' fan, I\'m looking at it from the perspective that all Los Angeles needs to do is win two games to win the NBA title. That\'s it: go 2-0. There are many worse scenarios.

Furthermore, Boston blew it\'s chance to clinch at home by losing Game 3 and blew home-court advantage in this series by limping through the regular season. Now it costs them. Now Boston chokes.

Go Lakers!

Bad Grammar. Lakers lose.