Author Topic: Setlist: 2010-04-10 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 7671 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
Setlist: 2010-04-10 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:20:53 am »
I: Rufus > Blessing in the Skies, Beef Barley, The Grand Scheme of Things

E: Willie the Pimp > Tricky Ways*

* with Kris Jenson on sax and Todd Stoops on keys

Thanks to bezerker for the setlist!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 05:21:17 pm »
This looks absolutely ridiculous to me. I bet this wailed! The video clip of the encore is straight up nasty good. I love this stuff!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

tpalms4prez

• :banwpoa:
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:44:40 am »
omg it was so good i cant say it enough

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 01:14:05 am »
They def segwiched in from In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, and stoops and jenson were on for Willie the Pimp as well as Tricky Ways. Crazy show. Loved the peaks in rufus although it wasnt your normal rufus. Beef Barley from left field followed by TGSOT from even lefter field. And i yelled I am the slime, but willie the pimp was ser. Place was pretty packed too. Next time they play iron horse everyone pay in quarters.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 01:46:39 am »
Iron Horse is really a shite venue for The Breakfast, and it reflects badly on my home town to Breakfast fans that they are still seeing the band play at the Iron Horse -- which is actually a nice club for old people having dinner while they watch a concert at like 7:00PM -- instead of being at Pearl Street Nightclub which is actually a decent venue and better suited to our type of crowd anyway. Most of the other "jam-bands" play Pearl Street.

When Psychedelic Breakfast started playing in Northampton, as far as I remember, it was at Pearl Street Clubroom and Fire & Water (closed). So for real please get The Breakfast to play Pearl Street Ballroom. JGB, RAQ, Rubblebucket (tonight) ... they all seem to be able to play at Pearl Street.

I\'m on a rant right now cuz Northampton is a great town with lots of music but it\'s insane to have The Breakfast play at this town\'s shittiest venue!

The same dude owns Calvin, Pearl Street, Iron Horse, The Basement, Look Park, Mountain Park ... regional music venue monopoly! But at least Pearl Street is a fun venue and a place people actually enjoy going out to. So what I\'m saying is... I\'d rather have one show a year at Pearl Street than two a year at Iron Horse at this point. Make moves!

oh yeah, I recorded this... give me another couple days maybe...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:48:58 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 06:47:32 am »
Really not that much of a difference...  Also, you have to realize that this was when PB hit their stride and they were really drawing decent crowds from North Hampton, UMass and the CT crew...  That being said, looking at the schedule for both IH and PS, I really don\'t see a difference in who they\'re booking these days.  Management should try and get their foot in the door again...

Psychedelic Breakfast Era (Iron Horse - 5 [27.8%] Times, 8 Times [44.4%], 5 Times [27.8%]:

Iron Horse - 2 Times
Pearl Street - 2 Times
Fire & Water - 3 Times

Iron Horse - 2 Times
Pearl Street - 1 Time
Fire & Water - 2 Times

Iron Horse - 0 Times
Pearl Street - 3 Times
Fire & Water - 0 Times

Iron Horse - 0 Times
Pearl Street - 2 Times
Fire & Water - 0 Times

Iron Horse - 1 Time
Pearl Street - 0 Times
Fire & Water - 0 Times

The Breakfast Era

Iron Horse - 1 Time
Pearl Street - 0 Times
Fire & Water - 0 Times

Iron Horse - 2 Times
Pearl Street - 0 Times
Fire & Water - 0 Times

Iron Horse - 2 Times
Pearl Street - 0 Times
Fire & Water - 0 Times

Iron Horse - 2 Times
Pearl Street - 0 Times
Fire & Water - 0 Times

Iron Horse - 2 Times
Pearl Street - 0 Times
Fire & Water - 0 Times

Iron Horse - 3 Times
Pearl Street - 0 Times
Fire & Water - 0 Times

Iron Horse - 1 Time
Pearl Street - 0 Times
Fire & Water - 0 Times
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 09:54:05 am »
pretty good show. first time seing kung fu. i like it. as my friend put it, "they are a great mid-day festival band"
break it down, simplify

bonzo

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 10:26:53 am »
Quote from: sąikidélik;255888
They def segwiched in from In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, and stoops and jenson were on for Willie the Pimp as well as Tricky Ways. Crazy show. Loved the peaks in rufus although it wasnt your normal rufus. Beef Barley from left field followed by TGSOT from even lefter field. And i yelled I am the slime, but willie the pimp was ser. Place was pretty packed too. Next time they play iron horse everyone pay in quarters.

best rufus ever super headie

:)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 11:34:07 am »
Yoda don\'t know if you\'ve been up to a Northampton show lately but the crowd size is pretty much the same if not even a little better sometimes than 2002-2003. I could be wrong... yeah a lot of CT peeps don\'t come up to Northampton anymore but there\'s a lot of fresh blood especially from a couple different towns around here who\'ve taken to raging Breakfast shows pretty seriously over the last year or two.

But yeah, interesting stats. Wonder why dropping "Psychedelic" from the name coincides with being stuck at the Iron Horse 100% of the time?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 03:41:39 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;255899
Yoda don\'t know if you\'ve been up to a Northampton show lately but the crowd size is pretty much the same if not even a little better sometimes than 2002-2003. I could be wrong... yeah a lot of CT peeps don\'t come up to Northampton anymore but there\'s a lot of fresh blood especially from a couple different towns around here who\'ve taken to raging Breakfast shows pretty seriously over the last year or two.

But yeah, interesting stats. Wonder why dropping "Psychedelic" from the name coincides with being stuck at the Iron Horse 100% of the time?

Haven\'t been to NH since \'01, but back then, PS was packed... So, I\'m only assuming that the attendance went down and that\'s why their back at IH... I could be completely wrong on this...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

psychjosh

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 10:54:58 pm »

PS was great! Bonafide baby!! They were doing about 250-300 then.. A little light these days.

Quote from: psychjosh;255957

PS was great! Bonafide baby!! They were doing about 250-300 then.. A little light these days.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:54:58 pm by psychjosh »
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 11:54:47 pm »
i think that a better/friendlier venue might bring the CT folks back. it would me. nobody wants to drive up there from here to get treated like shit. side note......did the name change help or hurt overall. enough time has gone by to merit discussion IMHO just not looking to bring any negativity. i thought it wasn\'t a good idea then, but i was the oldnewbie so i figured "what did i know". looking back now, i don\'t see any benefit although i\'m sure i\'m unaware of a lot.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 02:25:25 pm »
IMO name change saw an almost immediate drop in attendance... and the fact that a lot of people who haven\'t seen them in years still fondly remember them as "Psychedelic Breakfast"... yeah it definitely didn\'t help :P

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 03:16:14 pm »
I still refer to them as PB... I personally think the name change was stupid, but I\'m not in the band, so I don\'t get a vote...

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 03:30:26 pm »
Petition to bring back \'Psychedelic\'
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex