Author Topic: Setlist: 2010-04-02 - Humpty @ Cornell University; Ithaca, NY  (Read 7317 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
I: jam > Shotgun Butterfly, Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 1 & 2) > Wild Pack Of Asscracks, Tunage > Pygmy Twylyte > Metropolis

II: Scarlet Begonias > Phaddy Boom Baddy, The Chase, Peace Frog > Taboo Or Not Taboot

E: Superfly Phaddy Fat
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
Setlist: 2010-04-02 - Humpty @ Cornell University; Ithaca, NY
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:53:16 am »
Quote from: frolfer;255321
~Set 1~
Jam > Shotgun Butterfly, Eschers 1 > Eschers 2 > Wild Pack of Asscracks, Tunage > Pygmy Twylyte > Metropolis.

~Set 2~
Scarlet Begonias > Phaddy Boom Baddy, the Chase, Peace Frog > Taboo.

~Encore~
Superfly Phaddy Fat

:zzz:

Wish we could have made the 6 hour drive. What time did they play until? Mid frist set wild pack must have been crazy.

peaches626

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 11:27:26 am »
an early wild pack is one of chris fitz favorite things
taints rule, gypsies drool!

sąikidélik

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:50:19 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;255327

did he go to the show? better yet was it recorded?

mjr

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 01:15:49 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;255334
Quote from: peaches626;255327

did he go to the show? better yet was it recorded?

Soundboard is sounding sick!  I\'m converting to flac and then mp3 320\'s before I give Timmy a first listen and then I\'ll put them up.  Thanks to all that came out!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 01:19:34 pm »
soundboard ! NICE
*Gia*

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 01:50:47 pm »
set 2 and encore looks like an old school breakfast throwback.......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

sąikidélik

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 04:54:17 pm »
Heard there was only 40 people and only 20 by second set. Sound like a DOOZE but i bet the audio is out of control. Thought thumpty wanted to see the breakfast not have a get together. My birthday at The Gypsy Hotel had at least 50, and that was just adrian and dangle with the great Sammy.

peaches626

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 05:44:47 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;255338
Heard there was only 40 people and only 20 by second set. Sound like a DOOZE but i bet the audio is out of control. Thought thumpty wanted to see the breakfast not have a get together. My birthday at The Gypsy Hotel had at least 50, and that was just adrian and dangle with the great Sammy.

:slap::spam1::strong::no::scared::confused::doh:
:hscratch::idunno::shock2::sigh::sadban::sarcasm:
:banghead::hair::holyshit::vomit2::deadhorse:out:
:huh::wtf2::ass::shh::?::nope::blah::wedgie::wah:
taints rule, gypsies drool!

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 05:52:47 pm »
They should have brought the Weird Beards, to help fill the room.
College folk could relate to those Weird Beards!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 05:58:24 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

sąikidélik

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 07:43:15 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;255339

Where is the archive of animate faces? It was a crazy drive from any direction, im just saying, i heard word that thumpty was gonna make them feel welcome. have i been ill advised?

bonzo

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 08:16:41 pm »
so sick! worth the hike even with the little kids throwing rocks at me on my way to Ithaca. every song was played hard and super jammy.  Scarlet Begonias was out of this world(Explored and owned me in every Which  way) I love it when the breakfast does GD covers Jorden voice is Perfect for it.  Thanks for the ride to Schenectady Inthewhitelodge it worked out great no trains were going into nh but The  bus worked out.

mjr

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 11:45:34 am »
Quote from: sąikidélik;255343

Where is the archive of animate faces? It was a crazy drive from any direction, im just saying, i heard word that thumpty was gonna make them feel welcome. have i been ill advised?

It was basically a perfect storm of shit that caused even peoples\' close friends to not show up.  It sucks that we can\'t serve beer, because people wouldn\'t care about the $5 cost if we could.  It\'s pretty lame that $5 is anything to a Cornell Student but, as it stands, they can go elsewhere and hear shitty djs play shitty music but for free with FREE beer.  Fucked up situation, but whatever.  The show was great and most everyone there enjoyed it to the fullest.  It\'s all good.

Honestly, though, I\'m thinking of going to an IFC meeting and complaining about the situation.  If we can produce a "receipt" (or 3) showing that we paid X for a band, Y for security and Z for sound than how can they OR the cops legitimately try and say that we are charging for alcohol without a liquor license?  As for getting a liquor license, its a pipe dream for now and it probably won\'t be happening.

The party was 1/4th the size that it should have been but the band was great, so fuck it

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 01:49:25 pm »
Quote from: mjr;255353
Quote from: sąikidélik;255343

It was basically a perfect storm of shit that caused even peoples\' close friends to not show up.  It sucks that we can\'t serve beer, because people wouldn\'t care about the $5 cost if we could.  It\'s pretty lame that $5 is anything to a Cornell Student but, as it stands, they can go elsewhere and hear shitty djs play shitty music but for free with FREE beer.  Fucked up situation, but whatever.  The show was great and most everyone there enjoyed it to the fullest.  It\'s all good.

Honestly, though, I\'m thinking of going to an IFC meeting and complaining about the situation.  If we can produce a "receipt" (or 3) showing that we paid X for a band, Y for security and Z for sound than how can they OR the cops legitimately try and say that we are charging for alcohol without a liquor license?  As for getting a liquor license, its a pipe dream for now and it probably won\'t be happening.

The party was 1/4th the size that it should have been but the band was great, so fuck it

^^ per usual. all the matters really. sąikidélik just bitches about any show that he was not in attendance for. :waits for Frolfers ser review: Bonzo, that sucks that some little delinquint punks threw rocks at you but i\'m glad your still willing to hitch to see the boys, such dedication goodfahyouse. I can\'t wait to hear this recording, mjr thanks for taping and throwing the show good work.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 10:19:27 pm »
A Breakfast show in your backyard is about as good as it gets.

Now that I\'ve had a day or two to gather whats left of my brain after fryday night, I realize that I just plain love this band. Music is vibrations and this music resonates within me like no other. This band has so much more substance than so many other bands that regularly pack rooms and theaters that it just confounds me. I want to drop everything and travel across the world to find some seer on a mountaintop in Tibet or something who can tell me the answer as to why the Breakfast are not seen as the kings of jam.

I really like the room at Thumpty. Kind of like a ballroom or something. I stepped outside for some fresh air at one point and came back in to notice how loud it was! Earplugs are so key.

I loved the jam to kick things off. The boys were stretching out and warming up and letting loose and tightening up in measured doses. Its cool to witness these things so close up. Its amazing the boys can concentrate with my ugly grill all up on them!

Shotgun was a great choice to go into. This song has some cool changes that I love and got things rolling in fine style.

I can\'t get enough of Escher\'s 1. The swirly grooves make me feel like my mind and body have separated and I\'m off in another world riding horseback towards the castle. Whoa, all right. Anyways, as they went into Escher\'s 2 and jammed the piss out of it I had visions of getting all 5 parts so the kick into WPOA was totally surprising. I really like how the first few songs deftly switched from rock to ethereal jams and sickness to raw power funk rock.

Arguably the centerpiece though was the Tunage > Pygmy > Metropolis. The Tunage jam, which for some reason I call the Tunage strut after the Live As Is version, got WAAAY out there. I felt like it was the best one I\'ve heard and I can\'t wait to check it out again. Lets go 16-bit!!! Pygmy was excellent and the Metropolis jam brought back a familiar space, me floating high above the earth, no other place I\'d rather be.

I have to echo Bonzo\'s sentiments about the Scarlet. Freaking amazing. Phaddy is always such a treat to hear. The groove was nice and the room swayed in unison. I like what I\'m hearing from the Chase lately. I love this tune. I listened to the last Mill Street show today and I noticed that the jam in that version was a little stretched out. Well, I can see how that version led to the supreme jam in this one. I have always wanted them to work this tune out. Its usually jammed pretty tight but this time they found some unused Alice in Wonderland door and dropped us all into this kaleidoscope. Crazy.

I think it was after this that Tim tried to start Blessing but Dangle wasn\'t having it. I stepped out for a smoke and they kicked into Peace Frog. This jam also went way out, got really thick in texture and room was full of psychedelic spider webs. I also realized today how truly awesome Taboo is. They rocked the house with this one.

Then, one mother of an encore. Oh yeah, thats right. What a great fucking song. A true Breakfast classic if there ever was one.

Bonzo, I love your dedication. Right on brother. It was nice to meet you. Lindsay and Bret, you guys are great. Thanks for making the trip down and being such good sports as we led you guys around trying to find our way to chill by one of the gorges before the show.

Mike, thanks for putting on one hell of a swell time. I thought the kids were going to eat this up like candy! The ones that were there sure seemed to dig it and they will help pass the word along. I wish there was a mailing list or something that we could\'ve roped some folks in with.

And of course, a huge thank you to the Breakfast for pouring your souls out through your instruments. You guys are the greatest. I hope to see y\'all soon!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:23:27 pm by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh