Author Topic: Your Favorite Breakfast Run  (Read 3386 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Your Favorite Breakfast Run
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 09:23:53 am »
3rd set of Puppet House on 8/20 is still the all time greatest set I have ever had the pleasure of hearing any band play.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 09:53:59 am »
4-20 run... 2007?  The Wilford Brimley Run:  NY > VT > NH

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 10:12:57 am »
i wish i was at some of those block island runs...ive heard many things about them.

my all time favorite breakfast weekend was the 2 nights of moe, 2 nights of breakfast/one day of tim acoustic in utica 2 summers ago.

6/13-6/14 2008

I: jam > Beef Barley, Synergy*, Reel Time, Infrequently Asked Questions**, Honey Butter > Land Of Confusion^

II: jam > Tribal Funk Affliction > Reba^^, jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot, jam# > Buquebus##, jam > Son Of Simpleton

* with \'Episode 1 (Happy)\' jam
** first time played
^ Genesis cover; first time played
^^ unfinished.
# with \'Stone Cold Bush\' (Red Hot Chili Peppers) tease.
## with \'Rape Me\' (Nirvana) tease.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I: jam > Cut Me Some Slack, May Fly Disarray*, Metropolis**, Space City Affair > Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 1-4)

II: Drum Duel^ > See The Light^# > Gypsy Queen^, The Sound, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me^^, Tunage##

E: Cult Of Personality

* with \'Riders on the Storm\' (The Doors) tease.
** first time played.
^ with Vinnie Amico from moe. on percussion.
# inverted; incomplete; with \'Hard Luck Harry\' tease.
^^ preceded by \'Somewhere Over The Rainbow\' jam; with bass solo and \'Tunage\' teases.
## with vocal jam and drum solo; with \'Ironman\' (Black Sabbath) and \'Wilson\' (Phish) teases.

i have so many classic picures from this weekend, most of them are posted on facebook in one of my albums

This was the debut of metropolis, and although it does say it, ibelieve it was the debut of eschers 3 and 4.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:15:01 am by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 10:34:10 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;254862

The infamous Walter Brisby Run goes down as the ultimate Breakfast 4/20 run ever. I concur.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 11:21:24 am »
Midwest hand needs to be thrown in.. easily my favorite run:

2005-11-09 @ Tonic Room, Chicago

I: jam > Cut Me Some Slack, jam > Gravity > Fresh Cut, Beef Barley, Phaddy Boom Baddy > Attraction To Shade Ditty, Psygn > Tom Sawyer, May Fly Disarray, Episode 3 (Awakening) > LDZ > Phaddy Boom Baddy, In The Flesh

E: jam > Score

2005-11-10 @ Cabooze, Minneapolis

I: Wake Up In A Coma > Doughboy, jam > No Regret > jam > Sleeping Beauty, Escher\'s Etchings > Good Times Bad Times > Hard Luck Harry > Fairy > Drum Solo > Boomerang intro > Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Taboo Or Not Taboot, Episode 3 (Awakening) > Peace Frog

E: Ewok Celebration > The Chase

2005-11-11 @ University Of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI

I: Episode 1 (Happy) > jam > Dig, jam > What The Funk, See The Light* > Inner Glimpse, Tribal Funk Affliction > Shakedown Street > Tribal Funk Affliction

II: Vocal jam > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Buquebus > Drum Solo, The Grand Scheme Of Things

E: Rockin\' In The Free World**

* inverted.
** Adrian on guitar; Tim on drums.

2005-11-12 @ Iowa City Yacht Club; Iowa City, IA

I: The Chase, The Vermont Song, jam > Sleeping Beauty, Hard Luck Harry > Drunk Monk Bar, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Karn Evil 9

II: Doughboy > Psygn > Puppetry > Spunk* > Puppetry, Lady Madonna > Rufus**

* with bass and drum solos.
** with \'Thunderstruck\' (AC/DC) teases.

11.11.05 is still the greatest concert experience I\'ve ever had. Fuck, that shit was magical. Whole weekend was ridiculous.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 11:45:39 am »
^^ that run looks fucking gross.

ronnies farewell NYE run and jordans welcome back NYE run stand out in recent memory. thru the roof energy and epic versions of everything.

December 2007.

Setlist: 2007-12-08 - The Saint; Asbury Park, NJ

I: jam > Attraction To Shade Ditty, In The Flesh > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Love Lake, LDZ* > Buquebus

II: Episode 3 (Awakening), Ain\'t Wasting Time No More** > A New Beginning > jam > Spunk > Drum Solo > jam^ > Wild Pack of Asscracks

E: You\'ve Got To Hide Your Love Away^^ > Son Of Simpleton > jam > No Regret

Setlist: 2007-12-21b - Middle East Upstairs; Cambridge, MA

I: jam > Inner Glimpse, Tribal Funk Affliction > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Tribal Funk Affliction, Intension* > Hard Luck Harry jam

II: Keyboard Solo > Space City Affair > jam > The Chase, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Hard Luck Harry, LDZ

E: The Late And The Great

Setlist: 2007-12-29 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
I: jam > Wild Pack Of Asscracks, Buquebus, May Fly Disarray, Reba*, No Regret

II: Space City Affair > Intension > Mommy What\'s A Funkadelic?** > Intension > Hard Luck Harry > The Late And The Great > Hard Luck Harry, Love Lake, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)^ > Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliché^

E: See The Light^# > Karn Evil 9^

Setlist: 2007-12-31 - Electric Company; Utica, NY
I: Space City Affair > jam > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Beef Barley* > Psygn** > Space City Affair > jam > Rust^ > Doughboy, Band On The Run > Rufus

II: Drum Solo, Space City Affair > jam > Auld Lang Syne > Gravity, Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 1 & 2), jam^^, Fresh Cut > jam > Episode 3 (Awakening)

III: Space City Affair > Keyboard Solo > The Chase, Lit# > jam > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me**## > Hardcore Jollies > The Grand Scheme Of Things%

E: Bass Solo > Pea%% > jam > Over Exposure
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 11:47:21 am by Lexington »
caress me, aunt jemima

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 04:28:16 pm »
Why don\'t they play sets like \'05 and \'06 anymore? They look so fresh, tasty, and experimental... On paper they look so much better than setlists today.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 05:01:40 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;254795
spring 2006 - crystal bay > san francisco x2 > santa barbara > santa monica > sandiego > tempe > flagstaff

I\'ll probably throw this one down because of the epic 9-night run we did, adventures and misadventures included.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 06:08:28 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;254842

puppet house \'05

Setlist: 2005-08-19 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT

I: Episode 1 (Happy), jam > No Regret, Garcian Fishbowl > Escher\'s Etchings > Dig, Gravity, Wake Up In A Coma > Wild Pack Of Asscracks, The Chase

II: Roadhouse Blues, Waiting For The Sun, You Make Me Real, Peace Frog > Blue Sunday, Ship Of Fools, Land Ho!, The Spy > Queen Of The Highway, Indian Summer*, Maggie M\'Gill**

III: jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot, Phaddy Boom Baddy > Attraction To Shade Ditty, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Vera Street > Drum Solo, Space City Affair > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me

Set II is The Doors\' Morrison Hotel in its entirety.

* with \'Garcian Fishbowl\' teases.
** with \'Five To One\' (The Doors) teases.

----------

Setlist: 2005-08-20 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT

I: Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me* > Drunk Monk Bar, Fresh Cut, What The Funk**, jam > Puppetry^# > Garcian Fishbowl^^ > Frankly Po Zest > Puppetry#, Doughboy

II: Sgt. Pepper\'s Lonely Hearts Club Band## > With A Little Help From My Friends > Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Getting Better, Fixing A Hole, She\'s Leaving Home@, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!, Within You Without You, When I\'m Sixty-Four, Lovely Rita, Good Morning Good Morning > Sgt. Pepper\'s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) > A Day In The Life

III: Beef Barley, Buquebus > Drum Solo, May Fly Disarray, Rufus@@ > Food For Thought$ > Superfly Phaddy Fat$$

E: Rockin\' In The Free World%

Yes, Puppet House \'05 is absolutely at the very tip of the iceberg.  First thing that came to my mind.

Quote from: Yoda;254804
My favorite...

04/19/02 (Fri)  Callahan\'s - Cheshire, CT
Set 1: What The Funk > Kote > Buquebus > Food For Thought* > Flower Punk > Lit**, See The Light^ > Crossroads^, Drunk Monk Bar, Taboo Or Not Taboot

Set 2: jam > Sundance^^ > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Spunk, The Chase, Night Of The Thumpasorus Peoples > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Moby Dick, E: Rainy Day Women#

04/20/02 (Sat)  Extrava***** Festival @ Amherst Center - Amherst, MA
Set 1: Memory Of A Free Festival > Gladys Pimp & Kangaroos With Me > Buquebus > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Superfly Phaddy Fat > Drum Solo, I Like Marijuana, Wild Pack Of Asscracks, The Grand Scheme Of Things

04/20/02 (Sat)  Springdale Turn Hall - Holyoke, MA

Set 1: jam > LDZ > The Chase, jam > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Hard Luck Harry > Episode 1 (Happy), Sweet Leaf > I Got High*, Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliché, The Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme, jam > Merge > Drum Solo, Soulfinger, E: Earache My Eye > May Fly Disarray

04/21/02 (Sun)  Funkfest @ University of Vermont - Burlington, VT
Set 1: Cut Me Some Slack, Beef Barley > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2), China Cat Sunflower > Score, Rufus > Garcian Fishbowl > Language Of The Gods > Garcian Fishbowl > Drum Solo, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You)

This was the second thing that came to my mind.  The other runs you cite were also excellent, but you could stop the post right here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:08:50 pm by Wolfman »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 06:08:48 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;254887
Why don\'t they play sets like \'05 and \'06 anymore? They look so fresh, tasty, and experimental... On paper they look so much better than setlists today.

they knew more songs and had a lot more experience together
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 06:15:09 pm »
yeah i love 05 and 06 setlists

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 06:16:52 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;254867
Quote from: SlimPickens;254862

The infamous Walter Brisby Run goes down as the ultimate Breakfast 4/20 run ever. I concur.

Can\'t say that if you weren\'t there for 4/19-21/01.  Likewise I did not do those particular shows in \'07 so I can\'t say 01 was the best either.

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 06:26:02 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;254796
May I be the first to enter 4/20/06-4/22/06 into the conversation?

Setlist: 2006-04-20 - Club Metronome; Burlington, VT
I: Space City Affair > Hard Luck Harry* > Dimension 5, Escher\'s Etchings Part 1 > Sundance* > Escher\'s Etchings Part 2 > Hard Luck Harry > Sundance > Bugs, Future Peek**

II: Fresh Cut > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Tribal Funk Affliction > Mommy What\'s A Funkadelic? > Merge > Tribal Funk Affliction, The Grand Scheme Of Things^

E: Sweet Leaf

* inverted.
** first time played.
^ with \'King Kong\' (Frank Zappa) tease; with Drum Solo.

Are you for real with this first set???  Hard Luck and Sundance all inverted and shit (dyslexic for the bisco kids), segues for days, and a Future Peek debut.  Second set Scheme was highlight from my faded memory, along with the obligatory Phaddy Boom Baddy.

Setlist: 2006-04-21 - Nectar\'s; Burlington, VT
I: May Fly Disarray, Love Lake > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Intension, Fairy > Tricky Ways*, jam > Puppetry, Honey Butter

II: Organ Solo > The Chase, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Gravity, Little Wing**, Space City Affair^ > In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed^%

E: Surreal Radio > Taboo Or Not Taboot

* first time played.
** with Seth Yacovone on guitar and vocals, Tom Coggio on bass, and Ron on keys.
^ with Seth Yacovone on guitar.
% with Drum Solo.

Back to Back nights in the same building?!?  yacavone sit in was badass.  Face was wearin the fozzy bear skin coat, spacey was killin midget hookers and stashin em under his hotel bed.  Was this the fish tank incident night??

Setlist: 2006-04-22 - Middle East Upstairs; Cambridge, MA
I: Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Psygn > Cut Me Some Slack, jam > No Regret, Future Peek > Doughboy > Wake Up In A Coma > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)

II: Drum Intro > See The Light > LDZ > HDX > jam > Son Of Simpleton, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > Rufus > Tricky Ways, Wild Pack Of Asscracks, Spunk

E: Intension

This was one of those shows that immediately was placed in \'best ever\' status for me.  It had a little bit of everything- old songs, new songs, epic jams, epic covers (Echidna\'s!!!!), a freakin mooboo\'s sandwich of a first set!!!  The most incredible "One More Set!!" chant I\'ve still ever heard from a breakfast crowd- that one bitch lady screamin at us all to shut the fuck up and get outta there.   Incredible cap to a sweet ass weekend of bfam headiness

man...that sure was a fun time!  also my first time meeting a lot of you fine .infoers.  i\'m sad there are no breakfast runs in my life anymore (except if they would come to cali again).  i miss you all!  nostalgia\'d
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 08:04:30 am »
Yes, if I had my hot tub time machine I would hit every show mentioned here and the other 1000 or so as well!

Its a tough call: but late November \'08 I did the Middle East > Daniel Street welcome back Jordan shows. My favorite Gravity in Boston and just a swell all around show in Milford.

Then I did Red Square 12-27, then the Ace of Clubs on 12-30 and Toad\'s 12-31. Great road tripping!!!

Westcott > Java Barn March \'09 was awesome.

Chaffee Gathering July \'09 two nights and the two nights at Camp Barefoot were also such a good time. The band never lets me down!

This thread really makes me wish that I was on this bus years ago. But, I am here now and ready to aim the starship at Philly for the show tomorrow!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 08:38:25 am »
Quote from: frolfer;254928
Yes, if I had my hot tub time machine I would hit every show mentioned here and the other 1000 or so as well!

Its a tough call: but late November \'08 I did the Middle East > Daniel Street welcome back Jordan shows. My favorite Gravity in Boston and just a swell all around show in Milford.

Then I did Red Square 12-27, then the Ace of Clubs on 12-30 and Toad\'s 12-31. Great road tripping!!!

Westcott > Java Barn March \'09 was awesome.

Chaffee Gathering July \'09 two nights and the two nights at Camp Barefoot were also such a good time. The band never lets me down!

This thread really makes me wish that I was on this bus years ago. But, I am here now and ready to aim the starship at Philly for the show tomorrow!

was that the daniel st show with that crazy help>slipknot?  those were 2 funs nights

Iron horse>Higher ground was a good run when they played real radio and then lawn boy (i missed the first night of the run so I don\'t include that)
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies