Author Topic: Your Favorite Breakfast Run  (Read 3388 times)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Your Favorite Breakfast Run
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:36:47 pm »
I don\'t come around here often anymore but it seems like there isn\'t a whole lot of breakfast discussion going on these days. Based on my recent show selections I decided to start a thread to hopefully get some discussions going. I wasn\'t sure what to exactly call this thread but I\'m basically looking for everyone\'s favorite stretch of breakfast shows but more so aimed at the music and not the surrounding factors. For example, the reason I started this thread was listening to 2007-09-14, 2007-09-20, 2007-09-21 and 2007-09-22. So basically the run of shows from 09-14 through 09-22. The setlists are below:

Setlist: 2007-09-14 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
I: Space City Affair > jam > The Chase, Drunk Monk Bar, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Space Oddity > Rufus

II: Honey Butter > Hard Luck Harry > Honey Butter > Hard Luck Harry > So What* > The Grand Scheme Of Things**, Happy Birthday^ > What The Funk^^

E: Walk This Way tease, Rockin\' In The Free World#

Setlist: 2007-09-20 - Red Square; Albany, NY
I: jam > Escher\'s Etchings (Part 1) > Gravity > jam > Escher\'s Etchings (Part 2) > jam > May Fly Disarray, Tunage* > Beef Barley > Tunage**, The Late And The Great^ > Over Exposure > Young Lust^^

E: Honey Butter#

Setlist: 2007-09-21 - The Club @ Water Street Music Hall; Rochester, NY
I: What The Funk, Psygn > See The Light*, Intension

E: The Chase

Setlist: 2007-09-22 - Mezzanotte Lounge; Syracuse, NY
I: jam > Wake Up In A Coma > Dig, Puppetry, Buquebus* > Rufus

II: Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky** > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Hard Luck Harry > jam > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me^

E: Whipping Post

It honestly doesn\'t get much better than the Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Space Oddity > Rufus segment from 09-14. Sadly, it was the last time they played Space Oddity. I wasn\'t in attendance for this one but I was able to hit the next 3 shows. I remember a lot of people being at the Albany show and the band was on fire that night. They played for over an hour straight to open the show. The Over Exposure rivals the Space Oddity in my mind. The 09-21 show is very overlooked, as expected, but the Psygn > See The Light gets funky as hell. The following night in Syracuse might be the most complete show out of the four. If you exclude the first two songs (never really played much longer than expected) and the encore and you\'re left with seven songs spanning 160 minutes. That\'s pretty amazing. The whole second set is so fluid it\'s really hard to pick a favorite part. If I had to chose I\'d say the segue from Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky** > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) is the standout of the night but honestly the entire show is a highlight. There was also an acoustic show on 09-15 but I\'d consider that to be a run in itself, which I\'m sure someone who was in attendance will mention.
Smell my mule.

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:14:54 pm »
in my limited time seeing this band, 2009\'s Let it Roll > Sully\'s sticks out as a great one for me.  Particularly Sullys; I can\'t imagine anyone in the band got much sleep, yet they rocked the house with a ser Drunk Monk Bar and epic Rush.

I\'m thinking my favorite run is coming up this summer!
♥♫∞

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:40:39 pm »
What happens in Lancaster, stays in Lancaster....PA run with Walsh, hands down.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

ChrisF

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 03:00:42 pm »
spring 2006 - crystal bay > san francisco x2 > santa barbara > santa monica > sandiego > tempe > flagstaff

peaches626

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 03:08:04 pm »
May I be the first to enter 4/20/06-4/22/06 into the conversation?

Setlist: 2006-04-20 - Club Metronome; Burlington, VT
I: Space City Affair > Hard Luck Harry* > Dimension 5, Escher\'s Etchings Part 1 > Sundance* > Escher\'s Etchings Part 2 > Hard Luck Harry > Sundance > Bugs, Future Peek**

II: Fresh Cut > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Tribal Funk Affliction > Mommy What\'s A Funkadelic? > Merge > Tribal Funk Affliction, The Grand Scheme Of Things^

E: Sweet Leaf

* inverted.
** first time played.
^ with \'King Kong\' (Frank Zappa) tease; with Drum Solo.

Are you for real with this first set???  Hard Luck and Sundance all inverted and shit (dyslexic for the bisco kids), segues for days, and a Future Peek debut.  Second set Scheme was highlight from my faded memory, along with the obligatory Phaddy Boom Baddy.

Setlist: 2006-04-21 - Nectar\'s; Burlington, VT
I: May Fly Disarray, Love Lake > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Intension, Fairy > Tricky Ways*, jam > Puppetry, Honey Butter

II: Organ Solo > The Chase, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Gravity, Little Wing**, Space City Affair^ > In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed^%

E: Surreal Radio > Taboo Or Not Taboot

* first time played.
** with Seth Yacovone on guitar and vocals, Tom Coggio on bass, and Ron on keys.
^ with Seth Yacovone on guitar.
% with Drum Solo.

Back to Back nights in the same building?!?  yacavone sit in was badass.  Face was wearin the fozzy bear skin coat, spacey was killin midget hookers and stashin em under his hotel bed.  Was this the fish tank incident night??

Setlist: 2006-04-22 - Middle East Upstairs; Cambridge, MA
I: Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Psygn > Cut Me Some Slack, jam > No Regret, Future Peek > Doughboy > Wake Up In A Coma > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)

II: Drum Intro > See The Light > LDZ > HDX > jam > Son Of Simpleton, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > Rufus > Tricky Ways, Wild Pack Of Asscracks, Spunk

E: Intension

This was one of those shows that immediately was placed in \'best ever\' status for me.  It had a little bit of everything- old songs, new songs, epic jams, epic covers (Echidna\'s!!!!), a freakin mooboo\'s sandwich of a first set!!!  The most incredible "One More Set!!" chant I\'ve still ever heard from a breakfast crowd- that one bitch lady screamin at us all to shut the fuck up and get outta there.   Incredible cap to a sweet ass weekend of bfam headiness
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 04:54:43 pm »
My favorite...

04/19/02 (Fri)  Callahan\'s - Cheshire, CT
Set 1: What The Funk > Kote > Buquebus > Food For Thought* > Flower Punk > Lit**, See The Light^ > Crossroads^, Drunk Monk Bar, Taboo Or Not Taboot

Set 2: jam > Sundance^^ > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Spunk, The Chase, Night Of The Thumpasorus Peoples > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Moby Dick, E: Rainy Day Women#

04/20/02 (Sat)  Extrava***** Festival @ Amherst Center - Amherst, MA
Set 1: Memory Of A Free Festival > Gladys Pimp & Kangaroos With Me > Buquebus > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Superfly Phaddy Fat > Drum Solo, I Like Marijuana, Wild Pack Of Asscracks, The Grand Scheme Of Things

04/20/02 (Sat)  Springdale Turn Hall - Holyoke, MA

Set 1: jam > LDZ > The Chase, jam > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Hard Luck Harry > Episode 1 (Happy), Sweet Leaf > I Got High*, Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliché, The Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme, jam > Merge > Drum Solo, Soulfinger, E: Earache My Eye > May Fly Disarray

04/21/02 (Sun)  Funkfest @ University of Vermont - Burlington, VT
Set 1: Cut Me Some Slack, Beef Barley > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2), China Cat Sunflower > Score, Rufus > Garcian Fishbowl > Language Of The Gods > Garcian Fishbowl > Drum Solo, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You)

or...

09/12/01 (Wed)  Tammany Hall - Worcester, MA
Set 1: What the Funk > Sundance, Aja* > LDZ > Lit > Transcendental Meditation > Love Lake, Rufus > Spunk**, E: Deep Elem Blues^

09/13/01 (Thu)  Harper\'s Ferry - Allston, MA
Set 1: Hope* > Language of the Gods, Food For Thought**, Chameleon > Hard Luck Harry > Fairy > Drum Solo, Bugs > See the Light > Son of Simpleton, God Bless America * Theme of the night “Hope”

09/14/01 (Fri)  Iron Horse Music Hall - Northampton, MA

Set 1: Jam > Spunk > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Beef Barley > Rufus* > Food For Thought**, Language Of The Gods^ > Drum Solo^, Happy Birthday^^, ...Language Of The Gods^, Cut Me Some Slack^#+, God Bless America^#

09/15/01 (Sat)  Living Room - Providence, RI
Set 1: Jam > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Taboo Or Not Taboot, Magic Fingers > May Fly Disarray, Merge > 2001, Frankly Po Zest > Drum Solo, Buquebus > Tatanka > Question Mark And The Mind > In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed, E: U.S. Blues

or...

11/14/01 (Wed)  Tobacco Road - New York City, NY
Set 1: What The Funk* > Tribal Funk Affliction, N.S.U.** > No Glove No Love, Heather > Score^, Buquebus > No Quarter > Drum Solo, Phaddy Boom Baddy^^ > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Love Lake > Peaches En Regalia, Cut Me Some Slack, \'Hey!\' jam, Rufus > Son Of Simpleton

11/15/01 (Thu)  University of Hartford - Hawk\'s Nest - Hartford, CT

Set 1: Mooboo\'s Vooodoo (Episode 2), Merge > Eight Miles High > Bugs > Wake Up In A Coma > LDZ > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > Sundance > Beef Barley

Set 2: Suzie Q*, See The Light > Score, Escher\'s Etchings** > Superfly Phaddy Fat^

11/16/01 (Fri)  Cee Jay\'s - Naugatuck, CT

Set 1: Jam > Hard Luck Harry > Frankly Po Zest, The Acid Queen > Drunk Monk Bar, Escher\'s Etchings > No Glove No Love, Eat That Phone Book Coda, The Chase

Set 2: Jam > Score, Language Of The Gods, Magic Fingers > Kote > Lit, string-change jam* > Merge > Hardcore Jollies > Drum Solo, Scarlet Begonias > Taboo Or Not Taboot, E: Fire

11/17/01 (Sat)  Olive Bar - Hamden, CT
Set 1: Episode 1 (Happy), Help On The Way > Slipknot! > Gladys Pimp & Kangaroos With Me > Fairy > Cut Me Some Slack*, Earache My Eye** > Spunk, May Fly Disarray

Set 2: Jam > Puppetry, Buquebus > Blues Jam, Food For Thought^ > One Big Mob > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliche, You Enjoy Myself^^, Attraction To Shade Ditty
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 04:56:57 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;254796

I: Space City Affair > Hard Luck Harry* > Dimension 5, Escher\'s Etchings Part 1 > Sundance* > Escher\'s Etchings Part 2 > Hard Luck Harry > Sundance > Bugs, Future Peek**

II: Fresh Cut > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Tribal Funk Affliction > Mommy What\'s A Funkadelic? > Merge > Tribal Funk Affliction, The Grand Scheme Of Things^

* inverted.
** first time played.

Are you for real with this first set???  Hard Luck and Sundance all inverted and shit (dyslexic for the bisco kids), segues for days, and a Future Peek debut.  Second set Scheme was highlight from my faded memory, along with the obligatory Phaddy Boom Baddy.

I: May Fly Disarray, Love Lake > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Intension, Fairy > Tricky Ways*, jam > Puppetry, Honey Butter

II: Organ Solo > The Chase, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Gravity, Little Wing**, Space City Affair^ > In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed^%

* first time played.
** with Seth Yacovone on guitar and vocals, Tom Coggio on bass, and Ron on keys.
% with Drum Solo.

Back to Back nights in the same building?!?  yacavone sit in was badass.  Face was wearin the fozzy bear skin coat, spacey was killin midget hookers and stashin em under his hotel bed.  Was this the fish tank incident night??

I: Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Psygn > Cut Me Some Slack, jam > No Regret, Future Peek > Doughboy > Wake Up In A Coma > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)

II: Drum Intro > See The Light > LDZ > HDX > jam > Son Of Simpleton, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > Rufus > Tricky Ways, Wild Pack Of Asscracks, Spunk

This was one of those shows that immediately was placed in \'best ever\' status for me.  It had a little bit of everything- old songs, new songs, epic jams, epic covers (Echidna\'s!!!!), a freakin mooboo\'s sandwich of a first set!!!  The most incredible "One More Set!!" chant I\'ve still ever heard from a breakfast crowd- that one bitch lady screamin at us all to shut the fuck up and get outta there.   Incredible cap to a sweet ass weekend of bfam headiness

YES!!! Best run ever! I was at the 420 show! Ditched my friends, went to metronome, got hammered drunk, and jammed up front by myself! DEF my fav breakfast show!

Also, Colorado run Fall \'07 was hetty.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 05:10:36 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;254796

* inverted.
** first time played.

* first time played.
% with Drum Solo.

i\'ll second you on this weekend.

2007-06-27 - Captain Nick\'s; Block Island, RI
I: Space City Affair > jam > Inner Glimpse, jam > Escher\'s Etchings, Pt. 1 > Future Peek > Life\'s Been Good > Future Peek, LDZ > Escher\'s Etchings, Pt. 2 > Cut Me Some Slack*

II: Psygn** > Buquebus jam > Slow Merge jam > Buquebus# > Sir Psycho Sexy > Merge##, Merge jam > Psygn > Fire

* disco version.
** with \'Theme from Star Trek\' tease.
# with bass solo.
## ~15-minute stoppage due to Upstate\'s smoke machine setting off the fire alarm.

2007-06-28 - Captain Nick\'s; Block Island, RI
I: jam > Sundance > Honey Butter > Gravity > Wake Up In A Coma > Over Exposure > Gravity > Message In A Bottle

II: Hard Luck Harry > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me* > Episode 1 (Happy), Tricky Ways, Rust > Drum Solo, Guitar Solo > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Hard Luck Harry

E: Wild Pack Of Asscracks

* inverted
2007-06-29 - Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI
I: jam > Tunage > Dig, What The Funk > The Vermont Song > What The Funk > The Vermont Song > What The Funk > The Vermont Song > See The Light*

II: jam > Rufus > Lit > Rufus** > Lit > Peaches En Regalia > LDZ > Tunage, Fresh Cut

E: Lithium

* inverted.
** with \'Inca Roads\' (Frank Zappa) tease.

and this one too.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 05:10:36 pm by Igziabeher »

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 05:37:24 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;254793
What happens in Lancaster, stays in Lancaster....PA run with Walsh, hands down.

Lancaster is a bizarre place.  Great Crepes in town though, and some of the best dr00gs you will ever find roll through that town, no joke.  

Vortex !

bonzo

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 07:21:19 pm »
4/19/07-4/22/07
two nights in NY and 1 day and a night in NH at the day show at keene state college at one point Adrian was playing the hand rails. SER after party with Adrian and tim playing.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:35:40 pm by bonzo »

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 07:30:35 pm »
i will kill you peaches.  i went to the two burlington shows and then had to go back to college in NH and missed the middle east show and two of my favorite songs that i was especially needing at the time, not like i dont always need them, mooboos and SOS

o yeah and i know its only two days, but the puppet house theater shows in august i believe of 05 will always have a place in my heart
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:30:35 pm by dredmonkey »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 08:19:32 pm »
Any 420 run but most especially the "fish tank" experience and the birth of the Gypsy run.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 10:18:26 pm »

boating with the breakfast in \'05

Setlist: 2005-08-03 - Rocks Off Boat Cruise; New York, NY

I: vocal jam > Superfly Phaddy Fat*, May Fly Disarray, Fresh Cut, jam > Sundance, LDZ > Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme, Hard Luck Harry, Question**

II: jam > What The Funk, The Grand Scheme Of Things, Score, Fairy, Loose Lucy^ > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2), jam > Closer To Home^^ > No Glove No Love

* Tim & Jordan lose power, stopped and started back up.
** Moody Blues cover; first time played.
^ Grateful Dead cover; first time played.
^^ Grand Funk Railroad cover; first time played.

---------
Setlist: 2005-08-04 - Captain Nick\'s; Block Island, RI

I: Inner Glimpse, jam > No Regret, jam > Cut Me Some Slack > Dig > Cut Me Some Slack, Family Affair* > Beef Barley, Tribal Funk Affliction**

II: jam > Sleeping Beauty, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Life\'s Been Good^, Doughboy, Escher\'s Etchings > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Escher\'s Etchings, Shakedown Street > Wild Pack Of Asscracks

* Sly & The Family Stone cover; first time played.
** with \'Working Man\' (Rush) tease.
^ Joe Walsh cover; first time played.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

puppet house \'05

Setlist: 2005-08-19 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT

I: Episode 1 (Happy), jam > No Regret, Garcian Fishbowl > Escher\'s Etchings > Dig, Gravity, Wake Up In A Coma > Wild Pack Of Asscracks, The Chase

II: Roadhouse Blues, Waiting For The Sun, You Make Me Real, Peace Frog > Blue Sunday, Ship Of Fools, Land Ho!, The Spy > Queen Of The Highway, Indian Summer*, Maggie M\'Gill**

III: jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot, Phaddy Boom Baddy > Attraction To Shade Ditty, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Vera Street > Drum Solo, Space City Affair > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me

Set II is The Doors\' Morrison Hotel in its entirety.

* with \'Garcian Fishbowl\' teases.
** with \'Five To One\' (The Doors) teases.

----------

Setlist: 2005-08-20 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT

I: Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me* > Drunk Monk Bar, Fresh Cut, What The Funk**, jam > Puppetry^# > Garcian Fishbowl^^ > Frankly Po Zest > Puppetry#, Doughboy

II: Sgt. Pepper\'s Lonely Hearts Club Band## > With A Little Help From My Friends > Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Getting Better, Fixing A Hole, She\'s Leaving Home@, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite!, Within You Without You, When I\'m Sixty-Four, Lovely Rita, Good Morning Good Morning > Sgt. Pepper\'s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) > A Day In The Life

III: Beef Barley, Buquebus > Drum Solo, May Fly Disarray, Rufus@@ > Food For Thought$ > Superfly Phaddy Fat$$

E: Rockin\' In The Free World%

also in \'05: electric company>moedown, beardslee>sterling>strangecreek

there are so many b\'fast runs from the past worth mentioning. damn.. definitely haven\'t thought about a lot of these shows in ages.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:22:21 pm by Mamalakabubadaya »

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 10:29:18 pm »
if a time machine is ever invented, I will use it for one purpose... to go back and see all these shows that I missed!
♥♫∞

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 09:05:26 am »
Quote from: cannontrip;254845
if a time machine is ever invented, I will use it for one purpose... to go back and see all these shows that I missed!

use the hot tub time machine!
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside