Author Topic: Setlist: 2010-03-12 - Harlow's Pub; Peterborough, NH  (Read 9259 times)

bigmtskier

Setlist: 2010-03-12 - Harlow\'s Pub; Peterborough, NH
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 05:29:23 pm »
"\'Not only taped but this recording came out so damn crispy you might as well cream your pants in advance... brah!"

I am heading down to Kmart to buy some Maxell Metal 90 Minute cassette tapes IMMEDIATELY!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 05:34:05 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;254062
new hampshire is the band\'s new home.

Up[-]state[/-]

upnorth
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

santropez

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 05:39:14 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;254065
"Politician" seems like an odd cover choice... I dig the song though, can\'t wait to hear what they did with it.

it was amazing!!!! i lost my mind

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 09:07:00 pm »
Thought New Hampshire was intelligent. Must be that clean air!
Heaven=The Breakfast moves to New Hampshire and gives five shows a week to the greatest fans they could ever hope for!
Way to go New Hampshire! You\'re all setting the standard for the rest of us!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:09:02 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 09:47:34 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;254070
Quote from: Yoda;254066
Please tell me that this was taped???...

Not only taped but this recording came out so damn crispy you might as well cream your pants in advance... brah!

Got shit ta do today. Sunday I\'ll be tracking it out and putting it online. OGG 499kbps, MP3 320kpbs, FLAC, Betamax (for Oldnewbie), and Wax Reel (for Zuke). ;)

and don\'t forget the 16-bit flac for the frolfer!

I am away from my computer and it is pure luck that I am on right now. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew some ser jams were going to be thrown down and the boys seem to of delivered big time!!!

the best band in all the land!!!

Bill, I\'m jealous how much you get around brother!

Tuna, big props and respect for taping the language of the gods.

New Hampshire, huge respect for packing the place and treating our boys right! I was there in spirit as I always am. Whoo! (my best Ric Flair impersonation.)
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bonzo

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 10:07:22 am »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;254096
Thought New Hampshire was intelligent. Must be that clean air!
Heaven=The Breakfast moves to New Hampshire and gives five shows a week to the greatest fans they could ever hope for!
Way to go New Hampshire! You\'re all setting the standard for the rest of us!

^that would be sick i\'m ready bring it on

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 10:07:50 am »
So.... here\'s the deal...

I gotta take a train today and do some traveling. Which means you can wait until like Wednesday to hear this shit. Or, if one of you wants, I can upload the raw file to my server and you can do the tracking out for me.

Actually, I\'d love a volunteer to do this, as for some reason I can\'t seem to figure out why there is a little bit of slight time-skipping in my playback in Audacity. I\'m sure someone more experienced could tweak whatever setting to correct this.

Any volunteers? If so, I\'ll upload it before I leave. peace

Well, I tried uploading the file to my server but something errored out. Will be back probably Tuesday or Wednesday to figure this out. peace
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 02:38:07 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

peaches626

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 03:16:58 pm »
Great times Friday night!! It had been so long, I had almost forgotten the great joy I get from hearing this band play, whilst amongst a crowd of foam-mouthed gypsy\'s (no need to explain the foam..)

My show notes:

Mayfly was a solid opener, it felt good to get groovin to the Bfast funkiness right outta the gates.  This was more of an average take on the song, as I could tell they were still workin through uncomfortable sound levels and such.  

I was hopin hard to hear Rush, and it was a great choice for the 2nd song- the opening gets the crowd moving, and the jam is at once both epic (like the apocalypse) and pretty (like ariel from the little mermaid).

See The Light got rowdy. Gypsys were really startin to feel that crunchy groove, and I saw dilated peoples hoppin around all over.  I forgot the name of the song, but knew it was Cream when they started singing in it... I\'m curious whether this was on the set list or a spur of the moment thing- it seemed to happen very organically.  Either way it was a great move, and when they came back in to close out STL, the vibes in the room were top notch.

Metrop.  Good Golly.  When that bumpitty staccato-ish bass line starts, my toes started to tingle.  I shivered up my spine.  I shed a tear for the gypsy newbs of the crowd for what they were about to go through.  The peak of this song was \'uuuge, guy.  The cream of the first set (well, in one sense).  The entire first set was a steady rise of energy from beginning to end, and Metropolis had me thinkin that maaaaaybe they blew their load a little early.  Fortunately, this was not the case.  They called for setbreak, an unexpected and welcome surprise.  (dont know why i expected a big one setter as they played two sets last time they were at Harlows i think)

Set break was awkwardly short, as the door guys and owner were telling everyone they were closing and lockin the doors and if you were outside smokin cigs (orwhathaveyou) that you would not be allowed back in once the doors closed.  This seemed like bad business to me, but they were unconcerned with my concern for their business concerns.

GBFBITS is a pleasant opener, and served itself well, similarly to the Mayfly first set opener.  It was not groundbreaking from my recollection, but good fun nonetheless.

Gladys Pimp.  I dont know for the life of me why poophead is so meh with this song.  It is prob a top 5 bfast original in my opinion, def top 10.  This night, it was the top 1.  My hours of studying james brown\'s dance moves earlier in the day finally proved worthwhile.  I cut up the dance floor like a paper snowflake from kindergarten.  I sweated and jumped and jived and wailed all over the place.  The place was gettin down so hard that we inadvertently mosh\'d for a good couple mins in there.  Thank you, breakfast, thank you fellow bfam.  Gladys made my week happy again.

After Gladys, I honestly didn\'t need anything else, and they could have played the david the gnome theme song to close the show and I would have been happy and satisfied with my night.
Fortunately, the funk of Taboo (with big jumps) and the Chase closed out the night with a little extra groovilocity for the sellout crowd.

Pleasure seeing all the people I haven\'t seen much recently- Face, Poophead, Gfunk, Jocelyn, that creepy dude Todd, even you Bonzo!!  and others i forgot to mention.  Thanks for the gypsy hospitality in Keene- hookin it up with the crash space.  It felt good to take a little something back from you smelly turds. (and i dropped ser brown right before i left in the am :poop: muahahahaha)

For the record, FieryBill drove from albany to Peterborough, got denied at the door as a result of sellout, and 20 mins later got miracled in by some random girl who decided not to go in because her friend got shut out.
It was awesome

Has this ever happened at a breakfast show before last night?

http://www.youtube.com/v/NF7HEJrz6pU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0">http://www.youtube.com/v/NF7HEJrz6pU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 02:13:13 pm by peaches626 »
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 04:33:47 pm »
^great review
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 04:34:11 pm »
Nice review broseph...... I agree with everything you said, and I especially like the line about the business concerns and a paper snowflake... lmao

And yes... the whole miracle thing was pretty nucking futs if you ask me. I had no idea it was being sold online and obviously didn\'t think getting one there would be an issue. It went from huge buzz killington to having a friggen amazing time, per usual... these guys are just incapable of playing poorly! Can\'t wait to hear it again....

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 05:41:52 pm »
I suggest bigger rooms for shows in NH, or double up on two nighters.
Don\'t like to hear about people not being able to get in, even though sell-outs are great!

SkunkFLoes

• MMmmmBreakfastMMMmmm
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 12:33:15 am »
Show was Great! I was listening to it yesterday and it was just as good as I remembered!! that GBFB... was fuckin TITS and Rush was nasty as hell too!!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 01:07:02 am »
aaaaa cant wait to hear this shiz
caress me, aunt jemima

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 12:35:25 pm »
lolzzz at peaches saying "pretty (like ariel from the little mermaid)"     :inky:
this shizzz looks tasteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 07:24:00 pm »
c\'mon let\'s git on it tuna...sorry. i hate when work prevents me from seeing a show and then it turns out to be a good one, well i don\'t hate it, it just makes me want to hear it that much more. those damn good reviews aren\'t helping either. ;)
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."