Author Topic: Setlist: 2010-02-27 - Red Square; Albany, NY  (Read 9836 times)

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
Setlist: 2010-02-27 - Red Square; Albany, NY
« on: February 28, 2010, 03:21:42 am »
I: jam > Frankly Po Zest > Psygn > Frankly Po Zest, Synergy > Merge > Synergy, Blessing In The Skies > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > Tunage*

II: Rufus**, Superfly Phaddy Fat, Question Mark And The Mind, Existential Funk, The Vermont Song^, Terrapin Station

E: Helter Skelter^^

* with vocal jam and "One Big Mob", (Red Hot Chili Peppers), "So What\'cha Want" (Beastie Boys), and "Rock and Roll" (Led Zeppelin) teases.
** Happy Birthday to Tim.
^ with Ben Peterson (Shoeless Revolution) on Tenor Sax.
^^ Adrian on guitar, Tim on drums.

GLuft3

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:00:46 am »
Whoa, Nellie!
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 03:21:42 am »
OMFG

I think that\'s pretty much accurate, any corrections are welcome. Show was out of control!! So many songs were just straight up nasty... one of those type shows. OH YEAHHHH

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:08:34 am »
Set one looks phenomenal.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 11:14:05 am »
Half of that show was totally unnecessary. might write more stuff later.

so how\'d you like to be "that guy" who decided to fuck around with my Zoom halfway through Terrapin Station?? :lol: (and by lol I mean death to you, stupid ass!)

Cannontrip had his Zoom there... said his missed some of the show but hopefully he\'s got Terrapin and Helter Skelter ... if so, will have this absolutely no doubt about-it GEM of a concert avail asap.

good thing these guys aren\'t serious the worlds not ready for this just quite yet.

On the point of superlatives... might have seen more-"something"-Breakfast-shows than this. But I don\'t think I\'ve seen the guys go on stage and just start kickin straight up butt-cheek in 5th dimensional attack styliez like that really ever.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:29:57 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 12:03:45 pm »
one of those type shows
^
it always is at red square

all standalones second set?....interesting
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:03:45 pm by dredmonkey »

PB4Life

• Breakfast 3 meals daily
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 12:13:10 pm »

Yup all standalones...I really loved hearing TB rip up Vermont Song with tenor sax.  That shit was brutal

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 12:54:45 pm »
great show, felt good to be back and see everyone.  Epic first set with amazing jamming and segues.  Rufus was insane.

There was a "king of pain" by The Police tease by tim during synergy, BTW.
DS Newbers

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 01:40:23 pm »
the sound/energy and just overall cool jamming they broke out with last night was just unreal. Super Fly was tasty..Rufus was mind blowing, and there was some good ol\' jokin around throughout the show on stage and off. thought i heard \'In my Life\' tease in SFFF
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 01:59:56 pm »
what a long, long, crazy, crazy night!  music and b\'fam are the best!  the only bad thing about breakfast shows is that they have to end; I think we should just buy an island nation somewhere, call it breakfast island.  back to the topic at hand, last night was my first attempt at taping: when I hit stop after the first set, I got a "file write error."  I don\'t know why that happened, could be a couple reasons.  anyways, I\'m checking out what I did get, and I\'ll be sending my half over to tuna so ya\'ll can get down on this face meltage.

great chillin with all, always a GREAT time ;)
♥♫∞

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 02:28:40 pm »
seeer biz last night !!!   "ooooooooooh yeeeeeeeah" theme thru out the nite, sick nasty vocal jam in superfly, one of the nastitest guitar solos ive seen from tim in Frankly, awesome sit in, all around amazing night.  thanks to everyone involved cant wait to hear this Tuna @!!
*Gia*

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 02:29:59 pm »
Quote from: cannontrip;253388
the only bad thing about breakfast shows is that they have to end; I think we should just buy an island nation somewhere, call it breakfast island.

exactly. i always say i could listen to this band continuously forever.

i absolutely loved the song selection last night, yet for some reason i just could not connect with some of the jams. probably was just me; i think the full moon was fucking with my balance.

notes: the merge was SUPER fast. also really loved the placement of question mark. the guys had literally been playing balls to the wall the whole time and it was nice to take a breather. (maybe i\'m just getting old, but i like a little versatility in my shows these days in terms of tempo.) love me some e. funk. keep the news tunes coming!

bfam for life just continues to mean more and more as the family expands and evolves. great times on the ride up -- thank you snickerdoodle and co.!! and great times seeing everyone. also, red square had some really heady chics around that were super chill and super nice. all around great time.

as always, looking forward to the next one.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 02:30:32 pm »
Sucks, I had to miss this show. Always love hearing the guys jam at Red Square. Show looks amazing. Can\'t wait to hear Terrapin Station.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 02:31:23 pm »
*ohhhhh yeaaaa\'s throughout
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 02:33:44 pm »
btw, shoeless revolution definitely gets the thumbs up. tight, funky jams; talented musicians; versatile songwriting; good covers (i am the walrus, burning down the house, just keep on using me); nice peeps. they are from minnesota and this is their first national tour. dude that sat in on sax with breakfast is actually the bass player for the band, but he said he actually is more of a sax player than bass player. his tone on the sax was excellent and his note recognition is also impressive -- he and tim were exchanging solo during VT song and he did a great job keeping up.