Author Topic: The Breakfast 2010-02-20 Mill Street Brews  (Read 13435 times)

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
The Breakfast 2010-02-20 Mill Street Brews
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 08:51:29 am »
Ken your ridiculous nonsensical ramblings are indeed pushing people away. Knowing that you are one of the older members of the crowd I am beyond surprised to see you on here complaining like a child. Until the band makes a formal statement about audience taping not being allowed, THEN IT IS!! JUST AS THEIR TAPING POLICY STATES LIKE FITZ ALREADY POSTED IN YOUR OTHER idiotic thread.

I would hate for new potential B\'fast to come onto a message board and see you making your own rules for a band, and complaining about free taping, I would be turned off. and i\'m sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

THIS IS THE OFFICAL TAPING POLICY!!!!!!!!!!! If it is no longer the offical taping policy then a bandmember needs to step in and change it and make a public announcement. Not send word through an angry old man with misguided ideals.

Taping Policy

http://www.thebreakfast.net/content.php?music=taping

The Breakfast Taping Policy

The Breakfast encourages the taping and trading of our live performances. We feel that each show is unique and want to extend the ability to our fans to recreate the live experience long after the show ends.

Audience Taping is permitted at almost all The Breakfast shows. When The Breakfast is performing at a festival or other events featuring multiple bands, that particular event\'s policy may override The Breakfast\'s customary taping policy. When The Breakfast is opening for another artist, that particular artist\'s policy may override The Breakfast\'s customary taping policy. All taping is limited to audience taping only. No soundboard patches will be given. No video will be allowed ever. Still photography without flash is allowed and encouraged at all The Breakfast shows.

All participants in audio recording exchange (regardless of format) acknowledge and respect the copyrights and exclusive ownership of the music and performances by the performers, writers and publishers. All taping must be for personal use only, which may include trading (via analog or digital tape, CD, or digital file transfer). Recordings may be traded only for an equivalent amount of similar media (cassettes or CDs, pre-recorded or blank). In no case may any officially released The Breakfast recording (live or studio) be duplicated or otherwise traded or offered.

All Audience Taping at The Breakfast concerts is authorized for non-commercial purposes only. Unauthorized sale, duplication and / or distribution are strictly forbidden. All The Breakfast\'s performances and recordings are the exclusive property of The Breakfast. All rights reserved. The rights to record The Breakfast performances set forth in this policy constitute and express, revocable license. We reserve the right to withdraw our sanction of recording, tape trading and / or non-commercial digital audio file transfers on a case specific basis or in general, as we deem necessary. No waiver of any copyright or trademark right is intended.

The enjoyment our audience in attendance at a The Breakfast concert is always our first and foremost comment.

BTW Thanks again Tuna for a great recording!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:52:26 am by inertia1215 »
~The world would be a better place if everyone  danced.~

~Turn on, tune in, drop out.~

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 09:07:28 am »
Sorry I see no reason to encode in a proprietary format over OGG which is a free standard

because to transcode it to mp3 causes people to go from one lossless format to another, thus degrading the overall quality. why not use the universal standard? why not put it up in lossless/wav format to begin with, then people can do whatever they want with it with out an extra lossy stage in between? its like putting it up in beta when everyone has a vhs...

and yes ken, your concept of stopping free trading of audience recording will, in fact, push away fans. the band\'s sales are down because their touring is down, because the overall number of shows are down, because their promotion is down and because nothing is occurring to increase the fanbase.

and your bfast/moe. comparisons are apples to oranges. bfast to max creek is much more applicable, for instance, as both bands relegate themselves to a finite audience base.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 09:26:28 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;253014
Sorry I see no reason to encode in a proprietary format over OGG which is a free standard.

If you are using iTunes there is a codec extension for Quicktime that should play OGGs.
http://www.xiph.org/quicktime/download.html

Otherwise I recommend http://www.getsongbird.com for a similar but better audio player that is cross-platform. Or really any audio player that doesn\'t run on the mega-proprietary Apple Quicktime engine.

I will send you the WAV of the whole concert if you want you can make MP3s out of it. Not tryin\' to be dick.. it would just take me like another hour to do it over as MP3s. You should try to listen to the OGGs I made though, they sound great :)

If you can send me the WAV that\'d be great.  I don\'t have the capability to split it into songs, but beggars can\'t be choosers.  I tried to bring the file into iTunes and it was a no go...  I just want to put it into a format that I can put it on my iPod and go...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 10:23:15 am »
i would love to hear this could someone please put it in a zip or flac or whatever it usually is please please please ? ! ?
*Gia*

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 10:26:15 am »
i will when i get home, gabo.

peaches626

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 11:47:57 am »
i\'m an internet dunce.  i\'m sorry to say, i feel like poophead right now. (aka gabo)
taints rule, gypsies drool!

mvallo

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 12:53:41 pm »
can I get the native files converted to flac24 and don\'t forget to .RAR it! can you also upload to archive.  I want to stream it too.  just kidding :)  works for me :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:02:19 pm by mvallo »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 01:23:25 pm »
No need to convert from OGG to MP3... I have like 8 different programs to play music and not one of them won\'t play OGG. I gave you guys a super common and free audio format @ 500kbps. I didn\'t save the tracks individually as WAVs or FLACs or I\'d have given you the links.

But I will make FLACs and MP3s for you anyway. Just because I\'d rather not have someone do a double-lossy conversion. But seriously, wake up call to how much iTunes sucks. Makes sense it\'s default encoder is proprietary iTunes-only ".m4a" but it won\'t even play OGG.

Shower time then I\'ll do that..

:lol: Matt ... ball breakers right?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 01:43:47 pm »
Thanks Tuna... Got the 80 gig ipod so I\'m kind of stuck with itunes...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2010, 01:46:18 pm »
Yeah no problem. If you can\'t tell I\'m a free software / open standards / Linux geek. Been using Linux so long I almost forgot what it\'s like to have something not work ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 01:51:27 pm »
ken,do u think that not allowing folks to download shows for free and having maybe 5 or 6 folks pay to download it is really a smart move?
u cant be ser.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 03:59:01 pm »

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2010, 04:03:45 pm »
omg thank you! this flac business was killing me!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 04:06:10 pm »
Quote from: galenas;253089
omg thank you! this flac business was killing me!

di,get flac frontend.
its really easy.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2010, 04:20:51 pm »
The origional files (the .ogg) after downloaded only need to be unzipped and played in a program that handles .ogg. 7Zip is what i used to unzip, http://www.7-zip.org/download.html, and VLC to play them, http://www.videolan.org/vlc/, both programs are free and the audio sounds amazing!