Author Topic: The 2010 Winter Games Thread  (Read 5527 times)

tyzack

• http://
The 2010 Winter Games Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 03:19:05 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;253485
In any case, TEAM USA showcased some wonderful talent. (Blackhawks Patrick Kane a personal fav) Along with all the other NHL Players on other teams.  (Ovechkin is just plain nasty...love it!)  One can only hope that maybe just maybe the olympics will carry a fire for hockey over to regular nhl games.  NBC for the next Two sundays is showing Blackhawks games.  DEF must watches.  This sunday vs. Detroit, next Sunday vs Caps.

Team USA did have some great players, and I learned alot of players who are not NESN/VS?NBC regulars (read, players who do not play north and east of the potomaic/ohio)...how I wonder who NBC is really compeating against for sunday afternoon hockey.

The NBA, for whatever reasons, has a much larger following in the US, and already has Sunday afternoons after football is over. There is also NASCAR to deal with, neither of which, I think can be won over by watching Pheonix play Carolina, or Blackhawks and Caps.

I don\'t know when a good time to target would be, but I don\'t think that it\'s Sunday afternoon. Not to be unoriginaly, but Saturday nights has been working in Canada for a long time.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2010 Winter Games Thread
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 03:35:22 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;253496
Quote from: SkyePrizm;253485
In any case, TEAM USA showcased some wonderful talent. (Blackhawks Patrick Kane a personal fav) Along with all the other NHL Players on other teams.  (Ovechkin is just plain nasty...love it!)  One can only hope that maybe just maybe the olympics will carry a fire for hockey over to regular nhl games.  NBC for the next Two sundays is showing Blackhawks games.  DEF must watches.  This sunday vs. Detroit, next Sunday vs Caps.

Team USA did have some great players, and I learned alot of players who are not NESN/VS?NBC regulars (read, players who do not play north and east of the potomaic/ohio)...how I wonder who NBC is really compeating against for sunday afternoon hockey.

The NBA, for whatever reasons, has a much larger following in the US, and already has Sunday afternoons after football is over. There is also NASCAR to deal with, neither of which, I think can be won over by watching Pheonix play Carolina, or Blackhawks and Caps.

I don\'t know when a good time to target would be, but I don\'t think that it\'s Sunday afternoon. Not to be unoriginaly, but Saturday nights has been working in Canada for a long time.

To gain more interest, the playoffs and cup finals need to be on a network station...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen