Author Topic: Truman Show vs. Ed T.V.  (Read 7802 times)

dannybiscuits

Truman Show vs. Ed T.V.
« on: January 27, 2010, 07:39:30 pm »
So this is the first thread I have started and it will most likely not get any responses due to the lack of relevancy. Regardless I am going for it.

I got into a drunken heated debate with one of my roommates last night about Truman show. He said that Ed t.v. was better. The whole of our argument escapes me most likely due to the booze what I do remember is that he called truman show "preachy". He said that ed t.v. was more realistic which made it more relevant.

He just came home I asked him to give me a few quick points and he said
"It\'s self important and somewhat forced. It has an unclear meaning"

My side is that Truman show came out first. I feel like it was ahead of its time for showing how much reality t.v. could exploit someone. My main point against his ed t.v. being more realistic is that people watch reality t.v. for being real. People watch movies to escape reality. I think Truman show took a necessary step beyond a simple reality t.v. movie to give you a better movie experience.  

Either way I like both movies. I just can\'t believe his extreme hatred to what I think was a great movie.

What do you think? If you don\'t want to explain your thoughts just give me a which one is better response?
I scratch my mind I think about life and stuff sometimes but shits ruff!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Truman Show vs. Ed T.V.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 09:15:31 pm »
I didnt even read your actual post.  All I know is that when the truman show was over, I was wishing it could be 3 hours longer.  one of my faves of all time...I would expound but am trying to close the store.....nice post though.

I just felt way more attached to Jim Carrey\'s performance.....just a better made film as well......
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 09:15:31 pm by Stephengencs »
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Truman Show vs. Ed T.V.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:01:41 pm »
While I enjoyed both movies, overall I agree with your roommate.  I feel that Truman show would have been lost without Jim Carey while Ed TV was good despite the best efforts of Mathew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson to destroy it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:12:15 am by SlimPickens »