Author Topic: Where are my South Norwalk Timmy Tour Dates??  (Read 7450 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Where are my South Norwalk Timmy Tour Dates??
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2010, 10:13:00 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;250815
.....If you can find a place for tim to play down there, I am sure he would consider it....I have seen Tim play in SoNo...Once.  With OoohOoohOoohWhatyaWannaDoMacher, and it was fun but a DEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......

Quote from: NickNels;250677
Just off the top of my head...O\'Neils, Barcelona, Black Bear, Martini Lounge, The Loft, and Archie Moore\'s all have a stage and live music every week.  Gingerman could also probably work as well with the right set up.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2010, 11:21:55 am »
Quote from: NickNels;250816
.....If you can find a place for tim to play down there, I am sure he would consider it....I have seen Tim play in SoNo...Once.  With OoohOoohOoohWhatyaWannaDoMacher, and it was fun but a DEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......

Quote from: NickNels;250677
Just off the top of my head...O\'Neils, Barcelona, Black Bear, Martini Lounge, The Loft, and Archie Moore\'s all have a stage and live music every week.  Gingerman could also probably work as well with the right set up.

O\'Neils is actually my favorite bar in Norwalk.  I would love to see the panusfart that would occur if tim booked a gig there.  If that day comes I will be there with my #1 fan shirt on rootin and singing for the best show ever......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2010, 10:03:23 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;250793
its entertainment people.  you think mtv viewers wanna watch yoda complain on the internet, not go to concerts and take care of his family every week?  where\'s the intrigue in that.

:biggrin:
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2010, 10:15:21 pm »
There never has nor ever can be a respectable music scene in Norwalk............

i call nannies on this......as in shenanigans. it was a great club and i saw many great shows there including my first DBB show. there used to be a lot of great stuff in fairfield county and sono was sort of the hub back in the day....you know....before you were old enough. ;)

GLuft3

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2010, 10:52:44 pm »
I\'m with Duane!  Roll those Laughin\' Bones.  :-)

Quote from: NickNels;250810
Quote from: SlimPickens;250804
Quote from: rockthekazbah;250797
Quote from: GLuft3;250704
Speaking of Fairfield county, what happened to the nearly monthly gigs at The Field?

raise your hand if you would come see timmy on a wednesday @ acoustic cafe, bridgeport?  or even a weekend night?

hand raised

:wave:

ooh, ooh!  me, too!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 10:52:44 pm by GLuft3 »
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2010, 08:40:07 am »
Quote from: oldnewbie;250874
There never has nor ever can be a respectable music scene in Norwalk............

i call nannies on this......as in shenanigans. it was a great club and i saw many great shows there including my first DBB show. there used to be a lot of great stuff in fairfield county and sono was sort of the hub back in the day....you know....before you were old enough. ;)

If Deep Banana Blackout and the club Shenanigans are your defense for the Norwalk/Fairfield County music scene being the epicenter for the DOA status of the music scene in CT, then I think I just won the argument.....
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2010, 09:37:43 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;250890

If Deep Banana Blackout and the club Shenanigans are your defense for the Norwalk/Fairfield County music scene being the epicenter for the DOA status of the music scene in CT, then I think I just won the argument.....

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2010, 09:41:25 am »
:lol: stevieeeeeey !!
*Gia*

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2010, 12:52:54 pm »
sigh......i\'ve been trying to avoid these kinds of posts for a long time....but.....if the band on the banner at the top of this page could put even half the people into daniel st that dbb or laughin\' bones used to put in shenanigans....well....let\'s just say things would be a lot better around here.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2010, 01:13:00 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;250905
sigh......i\'ve been trying to avoid these kinds of posts for a long time....but.....if the band on the banner at the top of this page could put even half the people into daniel st that dbb or laughin\' bones used to put in shenanigans....well....let\'s just say things would be a lot better around here.

Not to get too into this.......NOT BEING BAND SPECIFIC.  I would rather see a kick ass band play infront of nobody, than a boring bunch of MEH\'s in front of a packed house...but thats just my opinion and probably why Im such a diehard breakfast fan

NickNels

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2010, 01:13:21 pm »

Thanks for the opinion vets.  SOunds like you guys know plenty about SoNo from that one breakfast show you saw 6 years ago (which actually sounds like it was a good time).

Coming from someone who has spent more than one night here, it seems ridiculous to neglect this major market.

Whether or not you think we\'re snobs, stuck up or douchebags down here, there is money to be spent on quality entertainment.

Money and people should be incentive enough to play one or two gigs down here.  If it doesn\'t work fine, but at least you can say "we tried it and it sucked" instead of just blindly hating like Yoda does.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2010, 01:32:42 pm »
Flounder, you just dont get it buddy....You think that SoNo is an untapped resource for the members of this band?  Smarten up Flounder....Upwardly mobile yuppies dont give a fuck about serious original music unless its boring white folk funk.......

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2010, 01:34:57 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;250907

Thanks for the opinion vets.  SOunds like you guys know plenty about SoNo from that one breakfast show you saw 6 years ago (which actually sounds like it was a good time).

Coming from someone who has spent more than one night here, it seems ridiculous to neglect this major market.

Whether or not you think we\'re snobs, stuck up or douchebags down here, there is money to be spent on quality entertainment.

Money and people should be incentive enough to play one or two gigs down here.  If it doesn\'t work fine, but at least you can say "we tried it and it sucked" instead of just blindly hating like Yoda does.

plus, think of the raging afterparty that we can all have at NickNels\' baller apartment. and the close proximity to the train station makes for some good public transportation after a night of debauchery. i\'d love to see this happen
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

NickNels

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 01:48:39 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;250908
Flounder, you just dont get it buddy....You think that SoNo is an untapped resource for the members of this band?  Smarten up Flounder....Upwardly mobile yuppies dont give a fuck about serious original music unless its boring white folk funk.......

Gencs, things like this kill the band.  Ridiculous stereotypes that have no basis in reality.  Is SoNo more yuppie than New Haven?  Probably, but Thursday through saturday night SoNo is crawling with late 20\'s / early 30\'s people with money to spend that are looking for a good time.  Boring white folks funk?  Really?  I don\'t think i even know what that is, let alone heard it around here.  If you said...shitty 80\'s cover bands, then yes, but that still doesn\'t mean people wouldn\'t be interested in a kick ass band to rage one friday or saturday night...or timmy playing a busy thursday night show.

Maybe they aren\'t going to pick up a bunch of hardcore fans, tour rats or gypsies, but it could become a well playing and popular gig.  Plus it is much easier to come up from Westchester and NYC to SoNo rather than New Haven or further north.  You gotta give it a chance before you immediately knock it.

Getting back to the blind sterotypes...it drives me crazy.  Do you know how many people refer to the B\'fast as a 3rd tier wanky jamband?  Is that fair?  Does that do them justice?  Saying that is just as ignorant and unfair as calling everyone who lives down here an "upwardly mobile yuppy" (whatever that means).  

I love you Gencs and your fandom is unquestioned, but you have to think bigger picture.

If a band member on here wants to come on and address this...or just simply say "I\'m not interested in trying" I\'ll let it die, but until then I will continue to give the issue support.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2010, 01:57:06 pm »
I\'m too old, and spent way too much time on this EXACT argument over the past 11 years for this shit......
Love ya Flounder...
Ziet Se Hwee