Author Topic: LOST season 6 news and discussion  (Read 30156 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
LOST season 6 news and discussion
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2010, 10:35:34 am »
Last night\'s episode was a bit of a dooze, but to be expected after 2 pretty big setup episodes (and an episode title like "Recon" doesn\'t exactly scream action either).

After last night i think:

Claire still wants to kill Kate.

Locke was manipulating Ben to get him to the Hydra island.

Sawyer thinks he\'s conning Widmore and Fake Locke, but in reality I don\'t think either trusts Sawyer.

Looks like next week is what we\'ve been waiting for with Alpert.  I wonder if it is going to be a flash sideways or just a flash back with him?  Probably a flash back because without the Island he would be dead in 2004.

I couldn\'t help to think yesterday when Locke slapped Claire and then explained why he lied to her that it seemed a lot like Christian and how he treated Jack?  I am still very curious to see where Christian fits into the whole equation.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:36 am »
Last nights episode sucked... I was curious what was up with Jin and Sawyer but apparently not that much. Kate and Sawyer are planning to take the sub, oooo, not a dramatic conclusion at all. We all know that ain\'t happening.

Next week is gonna be sick... Alpert is gonna explain a lot of shit I have the feeling. Def gonna be a flashback ep... hopefully go a few centuries back or something to see what went on on the island back in the day. Unless, of course, the previews made it seem like it was going to be good like ABC always does and the episode actually sucks. But i think its gonna be a good one. I\'m REALLY hoping the season finale is a complete mindfuck and doesn\'t just end happily or something stupid like that... it would really ruin the show if they did that. I would be happy if they left us hanging, wanting more like always, but we just won\'t get it. That would make it the best series ever.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2010, 11:25:43 am »
you guys are nutso. last night was way better than seeing the hoo haa version of linus last week. i loved the writing for sawyer in this episode...and i could usually give a shit about sawyer episodes. is he trying to fuck with BSM by telling him the truth? i really enjoyed seeing sawyer X as a bad liar...everybody was figuring him out. excellent contrast. still trying to wrap my head around the effect that jacob\'s touch has on all the candidates.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2010, 08:38:29 am »
should be a big episode tonight. does everybody already know who the central character is going to be?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2010, 09:07:45 am »
Richard Albert and the mOTHER

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2010, 11:30:22 am »
last night\'s episode was for yoda....

Spanish Johnny\'s restaurant to meet Rosalita! :lol: :lol:

and for any fans of seinfeld...

"Oh, you know we\'ve got the Human Fund next Saturday night, can you make it?"

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2010, 12:01:56 pm »
the willie wonka reference in the preview for next week was key!

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2010, 12:13:13 pm »
yeah, definitely caught that!

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2010, 12:20:29 pm »
it\'s so perfect.  Wonka has a factory where magic happens, he invites *6* kids to replace him, they have to prove their worth and fall victim to their darker sides, and one is left with the gift.  Lost\'s writers are spot on!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2010, 03:32:20 pm »
Quote from: krispy;255777
it\'s so perfect.  Wonka has a factory where magic happens, he invites *6* kids to replace him, they have to prove their worth and fall victim to their darker sides, and one is left with the gift.  Lost\'s writers are spot on!

I love the wonka reference from the original movie. My favorite part of the movie on the crazy boat ride.

"What is this some kind of freak out!" - Violet Beauregarde
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2010, 03:48:41 pm »
Quote from: krispy;255777

i believe there were only 5 kids
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2010, 04:33:49 pm »
yeah my wife corrected me too.  But the parallel is still cool.

ohh more cool parallels to wonka.  Slugworth!  there to tempt you like the man in black but then blamo switcharoo, he\'s working with wonka! what?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:33:49 pm by krispy »

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2010, 11:26:05 am »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2010, 11:48:13 am »
nice find nick!!! that rules!!!  

so what did ya\'ll think of last night?  i am left with a few questions...

- where are Richard, Ben and Miles

- prediction: claire kills kate soon... so annoying that she is basically walking around after a gun shot, a sub sinking, and a swim to shore.  

- we should assume that desmond and widmore are still alive, no?

- lapidus got hit with a blast door, but is he really dead?  they kinda dropped him...

- other interesting thing - the song from the music box was a song used 5 other times... references at lostpedia... http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Catch_a_Falling_Star

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2010, 12:57:45 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;256667
LOST season finale gets additional 30 mins!

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/05/lost_series_finale_gains_30_mi.html

didn\'t read the article, but probably just put 30 minutes more of commercials, I bet they are making big $$$ for those
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies