Author Topic: LOST season 6 news and discussion  (Read 30101 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
LOST season 6 news and discussion
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2010, 11:27:49 am »
Wow!  Crazy last couple episodes.  It seems like they are trying to get a lot into these last couple hours.  I wish they had a little more time, but I\'m not really disappointed with how they are wrapping things up.

Few thoughts on last episode:

- I think Jacob and MiB\'s fake mother was a smoke monster.  It is the only way she could have killed all of the "others" from across the sea.

- I think that Jacob and MiB play a tandem role.  The island needs a protector of the island (Smoke Monster/MiB) and a protector of the Light (Jacob).

- The mother knew (or was told) Jacob was to be the protector the light, which meant that MiB would become the smoke monster.  The mother favored MiB and did not want his fate to have to become the smoke moster.  Despite her best efforts, MiB proceeds down the path that eventually leads to him wanting to leave the island.  At this point the mother realizes she can\'t change his destiny (doesn\'t have a choice) and sets in motion a chain of events that will have MiB become the smoke monster (protector of the island) and Jacob become protector of the light.  

- When she is speaking to Jacob at the light source and telling him that he is responsible for protecting the light now, Jacob does not want the responsibility.  The mother then tells him that Jacob was always supposed to protect the light (meaning that she tried to change destiny, but could not) and knows it now.  Jacob is still reluctant to take the position.

- My guess is that is why Jacob has a long list of candidates and has brought so many people to the island.  He thinks someone should not be "forced" to become the protector of the light and have to stay on the island.  He wants them to be able to choose their fate.  he wants to prove his mother wrong, and that there is always a choice.  Despite his best efforts he is constantly shown that everyone has their fate and cannot choose their destiny.  That is why he continues to bring people to island.

- My guess is that there were only 2 original candidates (one to replace smokey and one to replace jacob).  However, because Jacob is in charge of the light, he also gets to make some rules.  His rules include being able to bring whoever he wants to the island.  He hopes that someone he brings to the island will eventually choose the role of protector rather than two original candidates being forced into their roles.  He always talks about choice and believes it so much because he still resents the fact that he didn\'t have a choice.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2010, 11:38:00 am »
My guess...

-Jack becomes the new Jacob
-Sawyer becomes the new MiB/Smoke Monster
-Hurley becomes the new Richard
...aside from that, I have no idea what happens to anyone else.
Where to next?

GLuft3

« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2010, 07:05:08 pm »
Sawyer?  Not Sayid?

Where does that leave Kate and Claire?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:05:08 pm by GLuft3 »
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2010, 07:09:01 pm »
hopefully dead.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2010, 07:31:21 pm »
Quote from: GLuft3;257070
Sawyer?  Not Sayid?

pretty sure sayid is dead
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2010, 07:55:25 pm »
he died once before and came back who\'s to say he can\'t do it again?

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2010, 08:01:55 pm »

Hopefully making up naked.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2010, 09:24:08 pm »
didn\'t locke already become the new MiB? it makes more sense, considering the fundamental difference between he and jack (he\'s the one, remember)
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2010, 01:08:36 am »
Quote from: zuke583;257076
didn\'t locke already become the new MiB? it makes more sense, considering the fundamental difference between he and jack (he\'s the one, remember)

MiB happens to be Locke.  Its the same smoke monster from when Jacob threw his brother into "the light".  He can inhabit any dead body.  The mother was another smoke monster herself.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2010, 07:58:22 am »
Sawyer?  Not Sayid?

As I said... I have no idea about anyone else... remember "others" can live on the island, it is not always inhabited by only a dark & light being.  It doesn\'t mean that they will be there for long, but it is possible.  As for Sayid becoming the smoke monster, not so sure.  There has always been an existing tension between Sawyer and Jack, it just seems more likely to me. I don\'t have all the answers, its just my speculation.

Quote from: NickNels;257083
Quote from: zuke583;257076

MiB happens to be Locke.  Its the same smoke monster from when Jacob threw his brother into "the light".  He can inhabit any dead body.  The mother was another smoke monster herself.

At this point, I think that both Jack and Sawyer realize that Locke is trying to kill them both obviously.  I just get this sense there will be a showdown between Sawyer and Locke which ends up making Sawyer the new MiB.... again, it\'s all just a theory.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:58:22 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

peaches626

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2010, 01:05:42 pm »
call me yoda, but i think lost has jumped the shark and i am gonna be unsatisfied at the end of this no matter what.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2010, 01:24:59 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;257100
call me yoda, but i think lost has jumped the shark and i am gonna be unsatisfied at the end of this no matter what.

I still hope the finale will make me realize this is the best show ever, but at this point i feel like they are rushing it and trying to fit everything into this season.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2010, 10:14:07 am »
i\'ll be in the adirondacks all week in the wilderness.  leaving sunday morning...  gonna have to wait a whole week to see the finale!  gah!!!
Postcount +1.

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2010, 02:41:28 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;257125
Quote from: peaches626;257100

I still hope the finale will make me realize this is the best show ever, but at this point i feel like they are rushing it and trying to fit everything into this season.

the ending will only be a success if everyone is universally disappointed a la sopranos.  

i don\'t think that anyone else will "become" the smoke monster.  the smoke monster can become you if you die.  i think it is up to jack to make sure the island doesn\'t "end" as is Flocke\'s current goal.  

the only question left to be answered or that will be answered is how the alternate reality, the island, and desmond all tie in.  clearly everyone is getting grouped up for a rager at the upcoming driveshaft show.  now that everyone has been unlocked and realizes that there is an alternate reality, what now?  i think that jack needs to kill locke while operating on his back or something...

also now that jack is "like jacob" how does he get off the island and do shit there? how does that affect the other reality?  is alternate jack "like jacob" too?  do they need to go back and make sure the bomb doesn\'t go off creating the other reality?  

i think the most disappointing option is that they blow up the island and live in the other reality.  

what does desmond\'s ability to withstand electromagnetism have to do with him being the fail safe option?

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2010, 06:37:55 pm »
I\'m not a fan of it being on a sunday.

does anyone know when it will be rerun on a weeknight?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.