Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-12-31 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 16773 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Setlist: 2009-12-31 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 08:32:45 am »
Just release the audio now and decide if the video is worth putting out....
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jimijam

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2010, 09:09:04 am »

Audio would be good but mmmm
Pro shot video of the complete show would be nicer!

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2010, 10:23:24 pm »
Anything really. Need to hear that Epic Escher\'s Etchings Eulogy again.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2010, 09:18:32 pm »
Is there any word yet on the possible release of this show?
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2010, 10:32:27 pm »
I suggest putting audio out for sale like, Live As Is.
Maybe some video on youtube.
Don\'t think video quality is good enough to produce & sell.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2010, 01:59:58 am »
i have an idea: just sit on it forever
caress me, aunt jemima

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2010, 07:40:21 am »
Quote from: Lexington;251569
i have an idea: just sit on it forever

Sit on it, Potsie :wink:
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2010, 09:55:47 am »
yeah, i\'m not getting the marketing behind having a great show and then not letting it out to the public. the main purpose of allowing taping is to use it as a form of publicity. at this point, no matter how great it may have been, its irrelevant to release. if it was truly wonderful, why wasn\'t it gotten out sooner (for sale or d/l or whatever)? it\'d be like releasing a halloween show around thanksgiving. no one who saw it available at that point would think it could be any good, otherwise their would have been a sense of urgency to release it earlier, so that the momentum of that performance could have beeen capitalized on. for nye shows, folks are looking for them pretty much right away, to see what all these bands did for the special night. releasing something now just says that it wasn\'t that special... i can see if there was a tour and how having it out on the merch table then for the non-local masses to grab daily would be fine, but if its to be monetarily capitalized upon, the merch table a couple times a month isn\'t really the hotbed it was when there were multiple shows every week. flooding the internet with it - jambase ads, facebook, amazon, every website other known to man, etc would presumably be a better venue for sales, i\'d think. but as it stands, it\'d be nice to hear, but most folks are probably more interested in the most recent shows, not one from a month or so ago... (this excludes us .info\'ers who want them all, but after the 20-40 of us grab it, there\'s no incentive for anyone else to get it, when newer shows are available to d/l).

it just seems to me that an audio release soon after the show (ideally within a day or two) would have helped drum up a buzz for a high quality dvd release.

(although, i suppose i say this as someone who is involved on a daily basis. folks who just see a show and like it are certainly likely to pick up a dvd/cd since they have no idea if its been out for a while or not. i\'d just like to see the momentum of a hot show used to its greatest potential, is all...)

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2010, 10:09:24 am »
Jking, I completely agree with you. Having been away from the band now for 4 years and only seeing them 2x. 1 b/c i am poor to travel further than VA. 2. The Breakfast seems to think the SE is non-existent as a music scene. Which is a big mistake on their part. WSP= major act from the south, TDB bring it every time in N/S. Carolina/VA. Me being a self proclaimed huge Breakfast fan, I wanted to hear all the Eschings sooooo bad. But here we are a month later, and I have moved on the getting, newer, better shows. That are available to their fanbase. Yes  I would still d/l it when it is released, listen to it once or twice but the chance of me being excited and recommending the show to others is far past. I have listened to probably about 7-8 different bands NYE shows, and its sad that the Breakfast isn\'t one of them because it probably was the best.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:14:13 am by inertia1215 »
~The world would be a better place if everyone  danced.~

~Turn on, tune in, drop out.~

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2010, 10:14:03 am »
Quote from: jking;251573
(although, i suppose i say this as someone who is involved on a daily basis. folks who just see a show and like it are certainly likely to pick up a dvd/cd since they have no idea if its been out for a while or not. i\'d just like to see the momentum of a hot show used to its greatest potential, is all...)

In all honestly, the people that are making the most noise about getting this show out there are the people that are involved on a daily basis and that is your fanbase.  The people that come to a random show will buy the CD/DVD at the merch table if the music strikes them and cost isn\'t too high...

Quote from: inertia1215;251576
Jking, I completely agree with you. Having been away from the band now for 4 years and only seeing them 2x. 1 b/c i am poor to travel further than VA. 2. The Breakfast seems to think the SE is non-existent as a music scene. Which is a big mistake on their part. WSP= major act from the south, TDB bring it every time in N/S. Carolina/VA. Me being a self proclaimed huge Breakfast fan, I wanted to hear all the Eschings sooooo bad. But here we are a month later, and I have moved on the getting, newer, better shows. That are available to their fanbase. Yes  I would still d/l it when it is released, listen to it once or twice but the chance of me being excited and recommending the show to others is far past. I have listened to probably about 7-8 different bands NYE shows, and its sad that the Breakfast isn\'t one of them because it porbably was the best.

What newer and better shows?  There haven\'t been any TB shows since NYE...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:14:03 am by Yoda »
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2010, 10:21:13 am »
there are other bands than the bfast, KungFu being one of them. at this point, i\'m more pimping them to folks more than bfast... of course, that\'s because there\'s recent stuff to actually recommend...  well, and because they\'re freakin\' raging these days...

and i know they like to take january largely off, so i\'m not bemoaning that, but nye is a huge night for shows and most music freaks check out a bunch of different bands\' nye shows. this year, the bfast missed that rush of d/l\'ing. not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to be able to throw out some links as everyone else was pushing their favorite bands\' shows...

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2010, 10:35:19 am »
Quote from: Yoda;251577

There are shows other than TB. TB pretty much wouldn\'t exist to me as a band anymore be it not for this site. Kung Fu is a prime example of a band that is trying to get their music out!! I have turned many many people on to them. Webcasting their shows has made it very accessible. To bad TB doesn\'t seem to care as much to be heard.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2010, 10:40:35 am »
Quote from: inertia1215;251581

There are shows other than TB. TB pretty much wouldn\'t exist to me as a band anymore be it not for this site. Kung Fu is a prime example of a band that is trying to get their music out!! I have turned many many people on to them. Webcasting their shows has made it very accessible. To bad TB doesn\'t seem to care as much to be heard.

My bad, you referenced this before you started talking about other bands, so I thought you were still talking about TB...

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2010, 10:42:56 am »
Quote from: Yoda;251582
Quote from: inertia1215;251581

My bad, you referenced this before you started talking about other bands, so I thought you were still talking about TB...

I apologize, confusion within quotes + writing rambling rants w/o my coffee = the above.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2010, 10:48:23 am »
Quote from: jking;251579
and i know they like to take january largely off, so i\'m not bemoaning that, but nye is a huge night for shows and most music freaks check out a bunch of different bands\' nye shows. this year, the bfast missed that rush of d/l\'ing. not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to be able to throw out some links as everyone else was pushing their favorite bands\' shows...

I\'m not bemoaning the January black hole either, but that wasn\'t always the case...  Prior to the show show January in \'07, they played at least 4 shows with 12 shows in \'00 and \'03...  My point of reference is always going to be what the band did in the past, so that my POV...