Author Topic: What are ye thankful for?  (Read 2481 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
What are ye thankful for?
« on: November 25, 2009, 06:07:02 am »
I thought it would be nice to do a thread like this after seeing GLuft\'s post in the Arena thread:

I am thankful that this band exists called the Breakfast, and their music is the sweetest ever created. Thank you guys!!!

I am also very thankful for my family which has always seen me through the toughest of times.

I am very thankful that Tina is in my life. Her beauty is unsurpassed and she cares so much for me. I don\'t know where I\'d be without her.

I am thankful to of found this place with like minded musical souls to share in this experience with.

Please share if you like! Have a safe and happy holiday, you serfreaks:D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:09:16 am by frolfer »

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:05:15 am »
I\'m so thankful to have my life, and I really wouldn\'t change a single thing!  Todd is the best future husband a girl could want, and my friends/family are inspiring people whom I love to be around.   I\'m also thankful that I get to see you all tonight at Sully\'s and hear some ser music before dealing with family tomorrow! Cheers to another great year :beerban:

:shrug: I\'m also thankful that I\'m not a turkey!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:08:18 am by FreeSpirit »
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 08:32:28 am »
I\'m thankful for my wife and two daughters...

I\'m thankful for good music...

I\'m thankful for those that spread the good music whether it being the musicians, tapers or people that put up randon links...

I\'m thankful for the time spend with those that are no longer with us...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 10:40:51 am »
For Ashley, the most beautiful, pure, and full-of-love woman I have ever met. For our relationship which has been through extremely difficult times but persevered and evolved into something incredibly beautiful.

For my friends and family, where it all seems to be coming full circle and most people are in a great place in their lives. Others are evolving as we inspire each other to do so.

For The Breakfast! What a long, strange trip it\'s been! At times this band and the communion of Broseph has just about saved my life. And at other times, like this coming evening, it is the culmination of celebration!

For the great musicians like Tim Palmieri, Trey Anastasio, Jerry Garcia, Billy Corgan, Evidence, and all the others that have inspired me to teach myself guitar and become a rather serious and unique musician myself!

For inspirational people of all callings and walks of life, like Doug from Strangers Helping Strangers, and our friend Robyn who follows in this righteous path. Great people like this lift us all up and cause us to consider living better lives!

For thebreakfast.info ... I like it here and I like you guys!

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope to see many of you tonight!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 10:51:38 am »
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

stublatt

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 12:37:54 pm »
Thankful that the internet has made it so easy for all of us to put up posts like : "What are ye thankful for"?
Thanks
Oh - and for all the wonderful live and recorded sounds that our musician friends lay on us on a pretty regular basis.  Where the heck would we be without \'music from the soul\'???
  A safe/happy/healthy holiday weekend to all.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 12:49:47 pm »
my gal
my family
life

everything else is just icing on the cake
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 01:48:00 pm »
I\'m thankful for graduation in two weeks!!! Wooot woooooooot! And I guess I should be thankful for adderall and all it has done for me throughout college.

Also my wonderful girlfriend, family, friends, Michael Jordan highlight reels, food, beer and music. Life kicks ass. I really can\'t complain right now.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 01:57:24 pm »
Family, friends, music, delicious food, well crafted alcohol, love, art of all kinds, and laughter

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 02:07:39 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;247277
I\'m thankful for graduation in two weeks!!! Wooot woooooooot! And I guess I should be thankful for adderall and all it has done for me throughout college.

Right on! There is a time and place for adderall... and that may be college. But try not to continue the habit beyond graduation, it will wear you down and cause you to age early. Besides you have infinity times more natural energy than any amphetamine could ever give you :)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 02:26:59 pm »
All of the forementioned.

How about being thankful for living in such a great country that affords a relatively high standard of living and a diversity of ideas, people, food, music, geography, climates, imaginations, inventions, career opportunities etc. etc.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 02:34:58 pm »
Gravity and Magnatism

We\'d be royally fucked without them.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 02:35:13 pm »
Swami Bananahedananda says:

Be thankful for a tummy tank full!
Thank you all for making  up an interesting group of people,
who keep coming back for more!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 02:42:11 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 03:04:01 pm »
i\'m thankful that after three days of a 102 fever, i survived the h1n1.  This is my first time sitting up in 72 hours.

I am thankful for my loving husband who amazingly took care of me these last few days.  I am thankful for his new job and the wonderful places and adventures it will take us in the upcoming years.

I am thankful for having another holiday with my 82 year old nanny, the woman who raised me.

And I am just thankful for life, cause its a wonderful life....

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 03:18:45 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;247294
i\'m thankful that after three days of a 102 fever, i survived the h1n1.  This is my first time sitting up in 72 hours.

Me too! What a weird flu, huh?? The weirdest part is, after it finally wore off, I feel better than ever! Screw the H1N1 vaccine, everyone should get this flu at least once!

Me and Ashley got it at the same time so we were holed up and crippled together, now we\'re both better and raging life. Get some exercise now that you have the energy and you\'ll feel totally better much sooner :)

Quote from: SkyePrizm;247294
And I am just thankful for life, cause its a wonderful life....

:thumbsup: