Author Topic: Phish in 2010  (Read 111223 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Phish in 2010
« Reply #345 on: August 18, 2010, 09:33:41 am »
Quote from: weekapaug19;260285
wasn\'t a huge fan of DC1, (first set was very weak), but it has some very strange song placements, and set 2 was good. Encore was overrated, but I bet if you were there it would have been sweet

anybody have a working link to alpine n1?

Quote from: NickNels;260253
all 2nd leg shows are here

http://www.mediafire.com/?tc7hc1kfavml5

JB1 (get it quick):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G4RZGSV7
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:33:41 am by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
Phish in 2010
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2010, 11:57:08 am »
megaupload of JB1 was giving me issues -- it is on the mediafire list

----
wow... what a blast last night... a lot of repeats from the Greek run... a few were better there, a few here.  
set 1
fluffhead was a great warm up... nothing ground breaking
funky bitch really got the night rolling and straight through to possom straight rocked - or was super funky - which ever you would guess for the song!  
wolfmans, walkaway and wilson were the first set big winners for me.  
set II - this is where the real highlights lived...
Lengthwise!!!! really!!??!? nice!!!  
> Maze. opening had mike pounding the bass and it went from there...
haley\'s --- i would rather it not be a 4.2 show type of song but a really big 12 - 16.  i hope they stick it on a shelf and don\'t let that song become a throw away.  
> mike\'s was fun, fairly standard
> simple went out there.  they got weird from here!!!
> # Line   i can here where this would work amazingly... and for the most part it did, except that the first minute or so of this song is the biggest buzz kill ever.  they don\'t play it with chutzpah and it just lets the energy drop from the room -  that said i love the rest of the song, the jam went right back into the conversation and it fit great.  
> Caspian   i like how they went with something very different in the mikes simple backwards down the prince rock n roll groove.  it was good, fit well, exploratory, but at this point i think i needed water from dancing too hard... which is good b/c
Rock & Roll > Weekapaug  were big and very funky.  
> loving cup was a solid rock show finish.
encore....
show of life --- i like the song, i like where it goes... it is a set opener, not an encore on a pure energy night.  like #line getting to the song lets the energy out of the room.  jam was solid
golgi as always was a raging dance party finish.  perfect.  love this tune

this was a very fun show! set ii had much better segues than what i expect from phish.  it is really nice to see how they progress in terms of re-gelling as a band from the start of a leg to the end. they are def getting there.  they will benefit from both a  fall tour and a winter tour.  the energy kept inside a room will be explosive!  

can\'t wait for tonight!  
___

krispy - listen to Alpine 1

spance

• ride
    • http://
Phish in 2010
« Reply #347 on: August 18, 2010, 02:56:08 pm »
huh....i thought the Mike\'s was the highlight of the 2nd set (for me of course), it was flub-free and full of energy...like it should be.

and maybe it was just me but I swear i heard maze quotes coming out of Backwards...i know it said Trey teased Norwegian Wood off key but listening to the live stream....it sounded like Page and Mike and Fish were about to go back into Maze....and IMO they fucking should have. That\'s what I fell in love with 16 years ago...a band that would do anything at anytime and NOT give a shit!!! listen to 7/2/95 Lizards->BBFCFM for just 1 example. I\'m not complaining....just wishing that they could find that spark that truly set them apart from any other band on the planet. and to me, it was ALL about bringin\' the funny :)
I\'m gonna break the speed of sound with my silver bullet!!

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Phish in 2010
« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2010, 11:12:45 am »
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

galenas

• Global Moderator
Phish in 2010
« Reply #349 on: August 20, 2010, 03:07:05 pm »
i tried DLing from that link the other day, nick, and kept getting error messages... haven\'t been able to DL alpine or deer. can anyone please help me out?? thx!!

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Phish in 2010
« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2010, 03:40:59 pm »
Quote from: galenas;260339
i tried DLing from that link the other day, nick, and kept getting error messages... haven\'t been able to DL alpine or deer. can anyone please help me out?? thx!!

looks like it got taken down.  i\'ll look for another link.

Best practice with these things are to d/l shows ASAP b/c they usually get taken down pretty quickly.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

galenas

• Global Moderator
Phish in 2010
« Reply #351 on: August 20, 2010, 04:54:19 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;260340
Quote from: galenas;260339

looks like it got taken down.  i\'ll look for another link.

Best practice with these things are to d/l shows ASAP b/c they usually get taken down pretty quickly.

thanks, nick. i had tried to DL and the links were still there the other day, but every time i would attempt it i would get an error at the end... dont know why; didn\'t have trouble with any of the other links...

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Phish in 2010
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2010, 12:42:03 pm »
umass and AC night 2&3 hopefully for me
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phish in 2010
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2010, 04:50:00 pm »
Gonna try for D&D > Mullins 1 & 2 ... and here\'s to hopin for a local Freakout!!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:01:57 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Phish in 2010
« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2010, 12:04:58 am »
w0okteez

Have most sizes for most shirts. XL are not available for Wilson at this time.

Let me know if that link works.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phish in 2010
« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2010, 07:47:49 am »
Quote from: Spacey;260471
w0okteez

it works!
Where to next?

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Phish in 2010
« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:40 am »
w0okteez

is this gallery able to be viewed by the public (ie non-facebook friends of yours)? i\'ll happily link it to other boards i visit, but it won\'t do much good if they can\'t view it/comment on it. also, is there a good way to order these, or do we need to get in touch with you personally via PM or email?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Phish in 2010
« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2010, 11:02:43 am »
Quote from: zuke583;260484
w0okteez

is this gallery able to be viewed by the public (ie non-facebook friends of yours)? i\'ll happily link it to other boards i visit, but it won\'t do much good if they can\'t view it/comment on it. also, is there a good way to order these, or do we need to get in touch with you personally via PM or email?

Right now its contact me. I\'m working on moving my shirts into our ebay store so it can be accessed anywhere. I\'ll work on it today and see if I can\'t get a more public forum.

The only thing I believe with ebay is the price might be higher. Can\'t remember we test run one on tour.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Phish in 2010
« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2010, 11:09:15 am »
Quote from: Spacey;260500
w0okteez

Right now its contact me. I\'m working on moving my shirts into our ebay store so it can be accessed anywhere. I\'ll work on it today and see if I can\'t get a more public forum.

The only thing I believe with ebay is the price might be higher. Can\'t remember we test run one on tour.

also, are those the only colors available? seems like i\'ve got a little interest in my super-secret bisco board, but looking for different colors (for the "nicknames" shirt specifically)
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Phish in 2010
« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2010, 11:24:53 am »
Quote from: zuke583;260502
Quote from: Spacey;260500
w0okteez

also, are those the only colors available? seems like i\'ve got a little interest in my super-secret bisco board, but looking for different colors (for the "nicknames" shirt specifically)

The nickname shirt is gray. There was another nickname shirt out there that was only the 4 of them and it was on orange.