Author Topic: Phish in 2010  (Read 111197 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Phish in 2010
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2010, 10:46:41 am »
hate to jump on that train again but although i always enjoy shows trey is making it hard for me to listen to em afterwards. if he doesnt cut dirty jams off he just flattens them out for a long while.

ds#\'s, please do break that whale pedal.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

galenas

• Global Moderator
Phish in 2010
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2010, 10:58:46 am »
Quote from: zuke583;258220

ha!

personally had just too much fun on friday! sure i could criticize this or that, but at the end of the day, i\'d love to be living the moment(s) all over again right now!

galenas

• Global Moderator
Phish in 2010
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2010, 11:04:40 am »
Quote from: NickNels;258367
 I remember the Tweezer being particularly great.  

lost myself for a second during this one and had to run over to spaceman for some grounding. now that\'s a scary thought! ;)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Phish in 2010
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2010, 12:33:36 pm »
Enjoyed your review NickNels ... a little less cynical than I might have gone for, but honest and revealing nonetheless ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Phish in 2010
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2010, 01:46:15 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;258382
Enjoyed your review NickNels ... a little less cynical than I might have gone for, but honest and revealing nonetheless ;)

These days, if I have good seats and my Phish crew there is a 90% chance I am going to enjoy the show.  5 or 6 years ago I might have been disappointed because I used to compare shows and its place in history.  I was chasing bust-outs and best evers.  Between Biscuits and Phish I probably ruined a few shows for myself that really weren\'t that bad.

When Phish went away I realized how lucky I was just to be going to shows in the first place (Phish or otherwise).  I think at that point I really started enjoying almost every show I have gone to (muscial excellence or not).  

When I went to Arizona this point really hit home.  They just have a terrible music scene out there...let me rephrase that.  They have some talented musicians, but not many national touring acts coming through there and 1/100 of the music I am able to see in the suburbs of New York.  

It would have been really difficult for me to hate on any of these shows because I was just enjoying myself too much.  So take my ratings with a grain of salt I guess...I rated them in the moment vs. comparing them to any other Phish (or any band) show.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Phish in 2010
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2010, 02:42:51 pm »
anybody happen to have an extra poster from either night at hartford? night 1 sold out 1 person in front of me, night 2 sold out before I got in

or a spac?
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Phish in 2010
« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2010, 03:50:02 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;258369
hate to jump on that train again but although i always enjoy shows trey is making it hard for me to listen to em afterwards. if he doesnt cut dirty jams off he just flattens them out for a long while.

amen.

Treys playin almost annoys me at times because of it.  2nd night spac he used it WAYYYYY too much.

anyone got links to sound boards from the 4 shows?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:50:02 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Phish in 2010
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2010, 03:51:51 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;258390
Quote from: Gordo;258369

amen.

Treys playin almost annoys me at times because of it.  2nd night spac he used it WAYYYYY too much.

anyone got links to sound boards from the 4 shows?

6/18 - parts I and II (i think)

http://www.mediafire.com/?kzlmdmdko5m

http://www.mediafire.com/?4zgzz2tmbdy
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Phish in 2010
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2010, 04:19:05 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;258385

These days, if I have good seats and my Phish crew there is a 90% chance I am going to enjoy the show.  5 or 6 years ago I might have been disappointed because I used to compare shows and its place in history.  I was chasing bust-outs and best evers.  Between Biscuits and Phish I probably ruined a few shows for myself that really weren\'t that bad.

When Phish went away I realized how lucky I was just to be going to shows in the first place (Phish or otherwise).  I think at that point I really started enjoying almost every show I have gone to (muscial excellence or not).  

When I went to Arizona this point really hit home.  They just have a terrible music scene out there...let me rephrase that.  They have some talented musicians, but not many national touring acts coming through there and 1/100 of the music I am able to see in the suburbs of New York.  

It would have been really difficult for me to hate on any of these shows because I was just enjoying myself too much.  So take my ratings with a grain of salt I guess...I rated them in the moment vs. comparing them to any other Phish (or any band) show.

ya know i feel very much the same way. im a much more appreciative person than i was 5-6 years ago. like i said before, i think i always have a good time at shows regardless if i listen to them afterwards at all.

i like your attitude man.

so is the tub with the kids gonna be a fathers day tradition?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:19:05 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Phish in 2010
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2010, 04:24:05 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;258393
Quote from: NickNels;258385

ya know i feel very much the same way. im a much more appreciative person than i was 5-6 years ago. like i said before, i think i always have a good time at shows regardless if i listen to them afterwards at all.

i like your attitude man.

don\'t be fooled! nicknels is a huge asshole!!! :)

i\'ve taken to this sort of attitude as well. enjoying the moment and the music for what it is and not for it\'s place in history makes for a more consistently enjoyable experience. being extremely fanatical and critical (for me) tends to lead to higher highs and lower lows
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phish in 2010
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2010, 04:35:10 pm »
I don\'t think I\'ve ever walked out of a show without a smile on my face.  I\'m just happy to be there and happy that they\'re around.  Why would you want to pay for something only to repeatedly piss yourself off or let yourself down?  Very rarely do we have any impact on what they\'re gonna do.  So you might as well just enjoy the ride while its happening.  Or just don\'t go at all, and sit at home analyze the recordings, then you can be pissed off with out wasting all that money!
Where to next?

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Phish in 2010
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2010, 05:17:54 pm »
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phish in 2010
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2010, 05:19:35 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19;258398
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlyrV_aWGhM&feature=player_embedded#

not mine, but great video

mkdevo\'s competitor!
Where to next?

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Phish in 2010
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2010, 05:55:37 pm »
One of the greatest things I\'ve ever witnessed.  This whole run has been fantastic.
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Phish in 2010
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2010, 06:34:15 pm »
Quote from: ellis-d;258403
One of the greatest things I\'ve ever witnessed.  This whole run has been fantastic.

HiYo!  The Rhombus>Hershey was great...glad you guys wooked the fuck outta Hartford>Spac.  The pic of you spacey and Kara on facebook is fucking beautiful.....love ya brother...
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph