Author Topic: Kung Fu!  (Read 18487 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Kung Fu!
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2009, 08:44:13 am »
Quote from: weekapaug19;246690
Kung Fu will be playing a mix of covers, improvisations and eventually will be writing original material as well.

Anyone, anyone?  :crickets:
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Kung Fu!
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2009, 09:18:18 am »
Quote from: Yoda;246692
Kung Fu will be playing a mix of covers, improvisations and eventually will be writing original material as well.

now what\'s wrong? Is it that they are going to write original material? If so, what\'s wrong with that?
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Kung Fu!
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2009, 09:31:39 am »
Quote from: weekapaug19;246693
Quote from: Yoda;246692

now what\'s wrong? Is it that they are going to write original material? If so, what\'s wrong with that?

Whatever... If these guys want to write new material go for it... TB will just play the same songs...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
Kung Fu!
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2009, 10:49:36 am »
actually, i just heard from a little birdie that the guys are going to put all their energy into this project for the next few years. don\'t worry though, yoda, we\'ll send you an email once bfast is back up and running so you can bitch about stuff once again. it\'ll be sad to see you leave since you hate this new project so much, but it\'ll be better for you. maybe you can find some other band you used to see 10 years ago that you don\'t see anymore to gripe on the internet about in the meantime.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Kung Fu!
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2009, 10:56:42 am »
so what will chris be doing in the meantime?
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

jking

• thanks!!
Kung Fu!
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2009, 11:19:43 am »
merch

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Kung Fu!
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2009, 11:22:16 am »
Quote from: Vassillios;246705
so what will chris be doing in the meantime?

Hopefully writing more baller tunes for The Breakfast!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

mvallo

Kung Fu!
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2009, 11:34:16 am »
Who is going to start and run the new kungfu message board?

jking

• thanks!!
Kung Fu!
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2009, 11:41:22 am »
a dude named davey pack, believe it or not! http://www.kungfu.knowledge - check it out!

galenas

• Global Moderator
Kung Fu!
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2009, 11:41:25 am »
Quote from: mvallo;246710
Who is going to start and run the new kungfu message board?

not it! lol

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Kung Fu!
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2009, 12:10:37 pm »
Quote from: jking;246711
a dude named davey pack, believe it or not! http://www.kungfu.knowledge - check it out!

:lol:
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Kung Fu!
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2009, 12:45:39 pm »
Quote from: jking;246704
actually, i just heard from a little birdie that the guys are going to put all their energy into this project for the next few years. don\'t worry though, yoda, we\'ll send you an email once bfast is back up and running so you can bitch about stuff once again. it\'ll be sad to see you leave since you hate this new project so much, but it\'ll be better for you. maybe you can find some other band you used to see 10 years ago that you don\'t see anymore to gripe on the internet about in the meantime.

I don\'t hate the idea of the new project... My continued stance is that if TB is the band that we all love and want to see succeed, then new songs and all this effort should be there trying to make this thing work... If it\'s no longer the thrust of effort then let the fan know that is what\'s going on rather than keep saying that TB is the band and these are side projects...  I\'ll give the new thing a listen and if I don\'t like it then I\'ll part ways with these guys as musicians, but will enjoy TB through the 10+ years of studio and live recordings... I\'m here for TB, not Tim, Adrian, Jordan or Chris\' individual musical endeavors...

jking

• thanks!!
Kung Fu!
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2009, 12:51:43 pm »
then you should hang out at .org!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Kung Fu!
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2009, 12:54:17 pm »
Actually, this is still thebreakfast.info, not Tim\'s homepage or Adrian, Chris or Jordan\'s facebook or myspace page, so bite me...

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Kung Fu!
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 01:19:36 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;246718
I\'ll give the new thing a listen and if I don\'t like it then I\'ll part ways with these guys as musicians, but will enjoy TB through the 10+ years of studio and live recordings... I\'m here for TB, not Tim, Adrian, Jordan or Chris\' individual musical endeavors...

Dude, I feel you on the "The Breakfast rules and I hope it remains the main focus" aspect.

But don\'t you think that\'s a little harsh? So far there\'s no indication that Kung Fu! will take anything away from The Breakfast.

Adrian is obviously as prolific as he wants to be when it comes to writing new songs. Dangle and Jordan aren\'t in Kung Fu! so they can devote their songwriting to The Breakfast, right? As for Tim I don\'t really know how much music he\'s writing at the moment but the guy can obviously learn an almost unlimited catalog of material, so I don\'t think anyone has to worry about Breakfast being forgotten.

Look at the upcoming Breakfast schedule.. it doesn\'t look like a band that\'s being put on the side burner to me. Listen to their most recent shows. Doesn\'t sound like a band that\'s winding down their efforts to me either.

I think Tim and Adrian probably have plenty of energy and music to spread around. And new material written for Kung Fu! will have to be written in the context of that band\'s arrangement. That\'s not to say that The Breakfast might never play any of them?

I mean my little motto is "Long Live The Breakfast!" but I just don\'t see this as a threat to what we know and love I guess. I think if anything it\'s just gonna make Tim and Adrian explore different styles which can only benefit their creativity in the context of The Breakfast.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising