Author Topic: Kung Fu!  (Read 18499 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Kung Fu!
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2010, 08:49:26 am »
Last night was my first Kung Fu live.  I was very impressed with the band, music, and bar.  I am really enjoying the new tunes and can\'t wait to see where this band is in a year or 2 considering how well they are playing after just a few weeks.

We went over to Owl Shop at break to check out DeAngelis\' "side project".  I was impressed with the 15 minutes or so we saw over there.  Amazing how much great music there is on a Monday night in New Haven!

It was also great to see such a big crowd turn out to support Kung Fu and the Haiti relief effort.  I believe the total raised was something like $778!
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Kung Fu!
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2010, 09:21:02 am »
Quote from: NickNels;251003
Last night was my first Kung Fu live.  I was very impressed with the band, music, and bar.  I am really enjoying the new tunes and can\'t wait to see where this band is in a year or 2 considering how well they are playing after just a few weeks.

We went over to Owl Shop at break to check out DeAngelis\' "side project".  I was impressed with the 15 minutes or so we saw over there.  Amazing how much great music there is on a Monday night in New Haven!

It was also great to see such a big crowd turn out to support Kung Fu and the Haiti relief effort.  I believe the total raised was something like $778!

Why dont you try to get them all a gig in SoNo........good to see ya Flounder.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Mamalakabubadaya

Kung Fu!
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2010, 09:43:21 am »
had a blast last night!!!! thanks so much nicknels for driving! i\'m so happy to hear of all the $$ raised for the haiti relief. :) definitely going to try and make it to kung fu again soon.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
Kung Fu!
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2010, 10:27:38 am »
they really should consider touring seymour....quite the blossoming underground music scene i hear.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Kung Fu!
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2010, 01:51:39 pm »
Watched it on the UStream last night, as I\'ve been doing the last few weeks. Last nights show was by far the best I\'ve seen... sick jams and tight sections all around. Especially 1st set. Nice to see what Stoops is capable of too. I could hear Dave better last night than previously but I still think he needs another notch.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
Kung Fu!
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2010, 02:44:49 pm »
we have officially renamed the raq fan board, hyperfunkalicious \'a community for the core fans of audio martial arts\'

KUNG FU FOR LIFE~~!!

http://www.hyperfunkalicious.net/ipb/index.php?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 04:31:18 pm by krispy »

toadssoundguy

Kung Fu Haiti Relief
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2010, 04:57:24 pm »
Thanks again to everyone who showed up (either in person or online!) for the benefit edition of Kung Fu live at the Dojo last night! Thanks to all of you, we managed to raise over $900 towards the relief effort in Haiti! Glad to hear the sound was to everyone\'s liking last night... started doing a separate stereo aux mix for the webcast and archive last night, so keep me posted with suggestions and constructive criticism! Stella Blues, Seth Adam, and I will be continuing our efforts to help the relief effort tonight at the Tuesday Open Mic, so feel free to come by and contribute either your musical ability or moral support! The show starts at 8 with the Seth Adam Trio, open mic from 9 to 10, Brian Dolzani from 10 to 10:30, and then open mic for the rest of the evening. Hope to see you all there!

-Chris Cherry
mccsolutions (at) gmail (dot) com

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Kung Fu!
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2010, 05:31:10 pm »
Quote from: toadssoundguy;251037
Thanks again to everyone who showed up (either in person or online!) for the benefit edition of Kung Fu live at the Dojo last night! Thanks to all of you, we managed to raise over $900 towards the relief effort in Haiti! Glad to hear the sound was to everyone\'s liking last night... started doing a separate stereo aux mix for the webcast and archive last night, so keep me posted with suggestions and constructive criticism! Stella Blues, Seth Adam, and I will be continuing our efforts to help the relief effort tonight at the Tuesday Open Mic, so feel free to come by and contribute either your musical ability or moral support! The show starts at 8 with the Seth Adam Trio, open mic from 9 to 10, Brian Dolzani from 10 to 10:30, and then open mic for the rest of the evening. Hope to see you all there!

-Chris Cherry
mccsolutions (at) gmail (dot) com

i wouldnt piss on u if u were engulfed in flames u fucking scumbag..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
Kung Fu!
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2010, 05:38:36 pm »
hmmm not in the fan club eh Freddie... ;)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Kung Fu!
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2010, 05:55:43 pm »
Quote from: krispy;251041
hmmm not in the fan club eh Freddie... ;)

what gave it away?
lol
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Kung Fu!
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2010, 06:59:25 pm »
oh jeez.

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
Kung Fu!
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2010, 11:18:20 pm »
Freddie has a twisted sense of humor.
The more nasty his comments are, the more love they contain.

Kung Fu is a perfect blend of great players.
Exciting things are ahead!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:14:08 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
Kung Fu!
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2010, 11:39:21 pm »
Heh.

As for Kung Fu- last night was insane.  Dual saxes on I\'m the Slime was my highlight.

Can we get this pushed back in the week in the little? Please?  Monday nights are brutual.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Kung Fu!
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2010, 12:47:00 am »
^^^ I\'m the slime was by far the highlight of the evening!

Mr.cherry>> I made several comments last night regarding the fantastic job on sound. Your efforts are not going unnoticed !!! Thanks and keep up the good work!

Glad I finally made it to a Kung Fu! I will certainly be attending more in the future... I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the music...
Usually sax doesn\'t do it for me but these guys know how to rock and funk it up enough even for a neo-grunge girl like myself. Very excited to see what this residency has in store !
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

LBoogie

Kung Fu!
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2010, 02:59:44 am »
^^^^  yes!  sax killled it fo sho.....as did everyone!!!  this was the highlight of 2010 for me for sure musically.  rob was so psyched to meet everyone and honored to play with tim and co.  I can\'t believe the synergy on that stage last night...and on a MONDAY no less.  wow.....guess i\'m gonna have to plan these trips more often.  wow.