Author Topic: Setlist: [Tim Acoustic] 2009-11-12 - The Field; Fairfield, CT  (Read 3765 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Setlist: [Tim Acoustic] 2009-11-12 - The Field; Fairfield, CT
« on: November 13, 2009, 09:59:35 am »
i: ser intro jam -> N.S.U. -> nobody told me -> N.S.U., that\'s the way, jam -> kamera -> live and let die -> merge (fast) -> live and let die, everyday i have the blues, airbag, fasterthan > chalkdust torture

ii: gotta get drunk, nothing is easy(?), back in black* -> M.E.M.P.H.I.S.** -> hard luck harry -> M.E.M.P.H.I.S. -> i want to get high -> M.E.M.P.H.I.S. -> hard luck harry^ -> M.E.M.P.H.I.S. -> back in black*, bruce\'s philosopher song, the lumberjack song, in the kitchen, i\'m the slime^^ -> son of simpleton -> i\'m the slime

*intro only
**first time played (the disco biscuits)
^with M.E.M.P.H.I.S. lyrics
^^with hootenanny/hoedown

there may have been some other first timers last night...i\'m not sure. not sure about "nothing is easy" either. the clear highlight of the night was nicknels\' birthday MEMPHIS-wich, but really it was all good. thursday night TT is not to be missed, no matter the venue. enjoyed the monty python songs. in the kitchen had a really good jam. can\'t wait for tonight...OE is a lock

and nelson, as always, it\'s good to have you in the band
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 10:02:10 am »
Not too shabby.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 10:07:51 am »
Looks like an old fasioned Timmy Tour throwdown.  Was anyone other than Flounder,Galinas,Zuke,Fitzy, and MattVallow there?  Some serious biz there, and the least of that would be the Memphis in my opinion. NOW I AM NOT SAYING IT WASNT SICK OR AWESOME but you could sandwich Shania Twain with Hard Luck and get ser biz......I am more interested in hearing the first set and the Im The Slime Simpleton biz....I am very happy for Flounder and even more relieved that his tireless petitioning can now cease.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:10:13 am »
Couldn\'t have asked for a better (belated) birthday show.  Wasn\'t a huge crowd, but we had a nice little group of about 10 BFam heads.  By the end of the night Tim had managed to draw about 5 or 6 people out of the bar and onto the dance floor as well.  

Whole show was great, but the 2nd set really smoked.  Thanks Tim for putting that together...can\'t wait to see where M.E.M.P.H.I.S. goes to on Timmy Tour.  There is definitely huge potential there.

Also Thanks to Matt Vallo for taping and Zuke for keeping the setlist.  And thanks to everyone for celebrating with me.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 10:12:22 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;246052
I am very happy for Flounder and even more relieved that his tireless petitioning can now cease.

not likely...he\'s going to be like andy dufresne in the shawshank redemption. now that he got a few books, he\'s going to want a brand new library...let\'s just hope he doesn\'t get raped by the sisters

there were a few more in attendance and the slime>sos>slime even pulled a few from the bar...they\'re the ones that initiated the quasi-hootenanny
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 10:17:55 am »
Quote from: zuke583;246054

there were a few more in attendance and the slime>sos>slime even pulled a few from the bar...they\'re the ones that initiated the quasi-hootenanny

Thats what I wanted to hear......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 12:32:55 pm »
i tried to watch the webcast for a few but it was painfully choppy. sorry i didn\'t make it out flounder..i\'m battling a cold and had to get up extra early this morning. we will celebrate tomorrow night in greenwich fo sho.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 12:44:18 pm »
can\'t wait to listen to this show again. i say this every time, but bfam for life!

flounder, so glad to celebrate this w/ you. i\'ll never forget ur face during memphis! :D so sick!

thanks so much for keeping this set list, zuke!! in the kitchen did have a sick jam!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:20:20 pm by galenas »

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 01:18:38 pm »
that\'s awesome he played a memphis-wich.

that\'s the way is prob my fav zep song so im gonna have to hear this show. is this going on archive?
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

galenas

• Global Moderator

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 02:50:45 pm »
Quote from: galenas;246079
PT THREAD -- SOME GOOD TIM TALK IN THERE.

It looks like the same denizens are talking up the Breakfast that chatter here. Maybe 1 or 2 more.

Not shitting on anything. Its just the message board curse. Everyone is talking but we all forget that its the same 15-30 people talking.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 03:00:25 pm »
Nitrous_Brownie      
   Posted: 11/13/09 2:14PM ET  
^as far as generic jambands go, the breakfast is great. Still wanna catch a show.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 03:00:34 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;246080
Quote from: galenas;246079
PT THREAD -- SOME GOOD TIM TALK IN THERE.

It looks like the same denizens are talking up the Breakfast that chatter here. Maybe 1 or 2 more.

Not shitting on anything. Its just the message board curse. Everyone is talking but we all forget that its the same 15-30 people talking.

yeah, but at least this time there\'s more than just the same 15-30 people seeing it, ya know? actually bisco\'s press guy got wind of it and is interested, so good stuff there.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 03:10:01 pm »
sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Ser, though, its nice to see the thread is still getting posts and people are looking for downloads.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 03:10:03 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;246050
can\'t wait for tonight...OE is a lock

D\'oh! Why must you petition Breakfast shows within my radius :P Why can\'t you just choose any show from 2006-2007 at random and listen to that for your OE fix :P\'\'

Yes the one song I secretly always hope doesn\'t get dropped. The secret\'s out!

Quote from: galenas;246068
can\'t wait to listen to this show again.

Yea my buddy who likes Biscuits wants to hear this shit... I\'ll prob post a link to PT:Bisco when/if it\'s up.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising