Author Topic: 2008-09 Men\'s College Basketball Thread  (Read 6200 times)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
2008-09 Men\'s College Basketball Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 02:39:55 pm »
I know I posted it last year but it\'s easily one of the greatest blocks in college basketball history:

And from another angle:

Here is the SI spread, which is my favorite angle:

If that\'s going back too far remind yourself when Syracuse and Kansas played in Kansas City last year.
Smell my mule.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 04:16:03 pm »
The point is he has no point and is a complete idiot who has to comment on every thread because he obviously has nothing better to do all day.

Nice work booz, beautiful memories indeed!

This team is so much more fun to watch than Kansas. That\'s what it\'s about for me, the winning is just icing on the cake!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 04:18:39 pm by Mark »
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 04:41:50 pm »
Blow me Mark...  You like a team that\'s interesting to watch rather than win - "the winning is just icing on the cake!... If you\'re still enjoying that icing from \'03, it must be pretty stale...  You can all have Syrexcuse...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 05:35:51 pm »
You\'re still enjoying Robbie Krieger from 10 years ago, talk about stale....

This is some of the fresh tasting icing I\'m talkin about:
December 10 vs. No. 11 Florida* W 85-73 9-0
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 02:45:12 pm »
Just got 9 tickets to the Syracuse @ West Virginia game in January for our annual bball road trip. If they both keep up the pace it\'ll be a top ten team battle. I\'d love to get down to CT or RI for a game but they never seem to play there on the weekends.
Smell my mule.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 08:03:44 pm »
Just scored Pru Center vs. Seton Hall.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 11:52:04 pm »
these games are so fun to watch...so much better than nba.  i cant believe they play in the cowboys stadium
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 12:38:16 pm »
Not much chatter around here. Might be due to the fact the Huskies are TERRIBLE this year. Weren\'t you a #1 seed last year? Oh, but we lost some starters! Well, Syracuse lost 3 starters from last year and look where they are now. Good luck in the NIT.

Syracuse is looking solid! Only one loss to Pitt who always seems to exploit the zone. Tight race atop the Big East, which is yet again the best conference in the country. The Syracuse vs Villanova game in a few weeks has officially sold out. 34,616 will be in attendance that night. It\'s going to be a loud booz fueled crowd given it\'s 9pm start time on a Saturday. I hope they don\'t run out of beer before halftime.

Seems like everyone still has a chub for Kentucky and Kansas. They are good teams, but they\'re not invincible as everyone makes them out to be. Kansas barely escaped Cornell, Kansas St. and Colorado. Kentucky has struggled with the middle of the pack SEC teams, which is prety bad considering how weak that conference is. Ill admit Syracuse has had their struggles too but outside of the DePaul road game Syracuse battled back quickly and converted most of those games into decisive wins.
Smell my mule.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 12:57:26 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;252128
Not much chatter around here. Might be due to the fact the Huskies are TERRIBLE this year. Weren\'t you a #1 seed last year? Oh, but we lost some starters! Well, Syracuse lost 3 starters from last year and look where they are now. Good luck in the NIT.

Syracuse is looking solid! Only one loss to Pitt who always seems to exploit the zone. Tight race atop the Big East, which is yet again the best conference in the country. The Syracuse vs Villanova game in a few weeks has officially sold out. 34,616 will be in attendance that night. It\'s going to be a loud booz fueled crowd given it\'s 9pm start time on a Saturday. I hope they don\'t run out of beer before halftime.

Seems like everyone still has a chub for Kentucky and Kansas. They are good teams, but they\'re not invincible as everyone makes them out to be. Kansas barely escaped Cornell, Kansas St. and Colorado. Kentucky has struggled with the middle of the pack SEC teams, which is prety bad considering how weak that conference is. Ill admit Syracuse has had their struggles too but outside of the DePaul road game Syracuse battled back quickly and converted most of those games into decisive wins.

Syracuse might have the best starting 5 in college basketball...they should be playing this well.

Yes, the Huskies are underacheiving.  They have some talent, but clearly are a different team without Price and Adrien.  Jim Calhoun missing from the helm doesn\'t help our cause either.  This team still has the talent to make the NCAA tournament, but they need a serious February turn-around and a good Big East Tournament (thank god they allow all the teams in this year).  I don\'t even think we have a true road win this year.

Congrats Syracuse, but nothing as been won yet.  I\'ve seen some very good \'Cuse teams struggle come the NCAA tournament.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 02:10:45 pm »
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 02:11:06 pm »
i think syracuse players should be commended for not beating any women (yet) this year. fantastic job guys!
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 02:21:09 pm »
Yeah, they moved on to stealing laptops from students this season.

UConn gave Cuse a good run but didn\'t have enough to overcome their lack of an outside game.

Rough one yesterday in the Dome. Petino went to full court press and Boeheim decided against keeping both the big men in, killing their chances to maintain the inside dominance seen in the first 10-12 minutes of the game. A couple costly turnovers and a questionable intentional foul call at the end (by that piece of shit Higgins) and Cuse gets their second loss of the season. Tough stretch coming up with @ Georgetown, @ Providence and Villanova. Can\'t wait for the Villanova game!
Smell my mule.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 08:34:56 am »
Huge game tonight for The Huskies!

UCONN is 16-11 with 2 road wins on the season. They currently sit in a 4 way tie for 8th place. They only have 2 quality wins on the season...granted against (1) Texas and (3) Villanova, but c\'mon... A win today against (8) W. Virginia would hardly lock up anything, but would certainly be a big step toward the NCAA Tournament. I don\'t think the Huskies are going to guarantee a NCAA tournament birth unless they win out or win at least 3 of their last 4 (including beating Louisville at home on Sunday) and 2 Big East Tournament Games.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 12:19:33 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;252930
Huge game tonight for The Huskies!

UCONN is 16-11 with 2 road wins on the season. They currently sit in a 4 way tie for 8th place. They only have 2 quality wins on the season...granted against (1) Texas and (3) Villanova, but c\'mon... A win today against (8) W. Virginia would hardly lock up anything, but would certainly be a big step toward the NCAA Tournament. I don\'t think the Huskies are going to guarantee a NCAA tournament birth unless they win out or win at least 3 of their last 4 (including beating Louisville at home on Sunday) and 2 Big East Tournament Games.

Spell it with me "N" "I" "T"... What\'s that spell?  Go Usuck...

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 08:40:57 am »
not a pretty game last night, but i\'ll take another win over a top-10 team. i really do feel like this uconn team can beat anybody else in the country. unfortunately, i feel like they can lose to any team in the country also. just one of those years. one thing you rarely hear announcers say about this team: "wow! what a smart play!" i hear a lot about the athleticism and the talent, but they rarely make heady plays...i guess that explains the constant turnovers. oh well. a win\'s a win. go uconn
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor