Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-10-31 - 11th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout: The Field; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 9231 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: Vassillios;245520
^fo rizzle, is the jam scene fully focused on phish these days?

The one word answer to that is YES...

But to have no mention of these sit-ins on jambase is a lack of effort by whoever is running PR for these guys...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Blaming Phish is only an excuse. Like Yoda said the lack of effort emanates from the bands management down.

Personally, at this point, you would have to be completely ignorant and foolish to think that this band is going anywhere but where it is. Be happy that they are still playing for us.

It is laughable to think that anything is going to change.

The greatest product in the world continues to sit on the shelf because no one can sell it.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Quote from: Yoda;245521

But to have no mention of these sit-ins on jambase is a lack of effort by whoever is running PR for these guys...

That tag "Smell My Finger" under your name should read "Point\'s a Finger"......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: Stephengencs;245524
Quote from: Yoda;245521

That tag "Smell My Finger" under your name should read "Point\'s a Finger"......

Say all you want... I could point them in the direction of good PR, or if they wanted to pay me, I\'d do it...  But when they have a promotions person (Shantal Clemens) and and publicity person (Will Nissen) it is their responsibility to get whatever this band is doing out there...  The fan spreads the news by word of mouth... It\'s the professional\'s responsibility to get it to the masses via whatever channel necessary...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
Quote from: Spacey;245523
Personally, at this point, you would have to be completely ignorant and foolish to think that this band is going anywhere but where it is. Be happy that they are still playing for us.

It is laughable to think that anything is going to change.

The greatest product in the world continues to sit on the shelf because no one can sell it.

well then I\'ll happily remain ignorant and foolish ;)

"Be happy that they are still playing for us." = all that matters.

"The greatest product in the world continues to sit on the shelf because no one can sell it."

I think it\'s a lack of access, if the breakfast could just get the capital to return to [inter]national touring, a critical mass of fans can be accumulated and success will begin its cascade.  As others have said, this band plays some advanced music which requires a special kind of listener, unlike predigested pop music.  Only so many of these listeners exist in any given area; but when breakfast rolls thru town, these special people act as bridges to the uninitiate, spreading the breakfast network throughout the global soul.  I wonder if the Breakfast could/would have a Grateful Dead scale following, if they had a b\'fast version of Owsley "Bear" Stanley to fund touring & equipment.

sorry, had to take a mental dump somewhere, this looked like a nice place....:folds newspaper:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:26:41 pm by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Owsley was only able to take them so far before they needed real management + TB is past the point where GD was when Owsley funded them...

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Quote from: Yoda;245582
Owsley was only able to take them so far before they needed real management + TB is past the point where GD was when Owsley funded them...

Dude if someone was able to give The Breakfast a minor portion of what Owsley was able to give the GD shit would change big time in Breakfast land.

It\'s called a Domino effect and unfortunately in this business to knock the first domino down costs a bunch of fucking cash.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Ren

• what?
...i could bring my piggy-bank to the next show.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
A Funken good Freakout time!

psychjosh

I wasn\'t even aware they had any "pros" doing this stuff at all.. which makes it all the more frustrating..

any one who knows me knows I love these guys and their music dearly.. so forgive the harshness but i\'m just pissed at this point.
Look at whats become of the FF.... It used to be a big deal.. now it\'s at the f\'n field???

The days of cash hand outs are gone unless I or one of you hit lotto!!! Yeah sure.. if someone wants to infuse 100k into this project it might have half a chance...(at this point I think that might not work either)  if people could get their heads out of their respective asses long enough to see it happen.

Spacey pretty much hit the nail on the head! The band has to want it badder than everyone else and frankly... They DON\'T.. not anymore..

Just so frustrating,,, missed opp on top of missed opp...uggghhhh
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: psychjosh;245751
I wasn\'t even aware they had any "pros" doing this stuff at all.. which makes it all the more frustrating..

That\'s what\'s on .org... If that\'s current, who knows...

any one who knows me knows I love these guys and their music dearly.. so forgive the harshness but i\'m just pissed at this point.
Look at whats become of the FF.... It used to be a big deal.. now it\'s at the f\'n field???

It used to be the biggest show of the year... But I\'ll leave it at that because I don\'t want to live in the past...

The days of cash hand outs are gone unless I or one of you hit lotto!!! Yeah sure.. if someone wants to infuse 100k into this project it might have half a chance...(at this point I think that might not work either)  if people could get their heads out of their respective asses long enough to see it happen.

Spacey pretty much hit the nail on the head! The band has to want it badder than everyone else and frankly... They DON\'T.. not anymore..

Just so frustrating,,, missed opp on top of missed opp...uggghhhh

My thought is, if someone gave them the money, it might propell them for awhile and then we\'d be back in the same situation we are now...

bigmtskier

Sad
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 07:40:43 am »
Sadly this discussion reminds me of the U.S. gov\'t continuing to pour money into Amtrak.  
Breakfast is a train on wrong track.  Breakfast is a train that wont leave the station... Breakfast is a train that makes local stops only....     Breakfast is a train...oh nevermind...
 I only wrote  to ask how many tapers there were at Halloween, if any?  A-AA- AANd if they could please put it up to the LMA?

GLuft3

Quote from: bigmtskier;245812

I only wrote  to ask how many tapers there were at Halloween, if any?  A-AA- AANd if they could please put it up to the LMA?

One taper: me.  I\'m working on getting it uploaded this week.  Sorry for the delay.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

bigmtskier

One TAPER: ME:
Thanks! that\'s fantastic.  No hurry, no apology necc.
steve in montana

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Quote from: Spacey;245523
Be happy that they are still playing for us.

Hell yeah. And hopefully for their own delight as well!

Well it\'s sort of more of a mini-tour than a show in the last few years, no? I can\'t remember if it\'s two or three years of Noho > VT > CT... but we think our Thursday night Iron Horse shows are sort of a big deal ;)

At least they dropped some funk with diaper dude from PFunk instead of cartoons?

The way I feel about the Freakout is, some years are way better than others. At least for the Northampton leg I thought this year was better than the last two (which if you can\'t tell is as far back as my memory is worth shit). The years before we got Todd Stoops and Moxie Epoxy (the latter being a pretty good show..) :lol:   ... so if it\'s a big deal and there\'s a lot of energy for it, it\'s tricky because probably nobody from Northampton or Burlington was going to go down to Bridgeport for Halloween, but we still had a great Breakfasty Halloween.

Otherwise...

The band has to want it badder than everyone else and frankly... They DON\'T.. not anymore..

Who cares? Move on to the next show. Let\'s make Southbridge a bigger deal than The Freakout. I\'m not personally putting energy beyond my own gas and spoken / written intentions into this venture... but why not Tammany Hall? Such a central location for a good chunk of Breakfast people. The return to Providence? That\'s sort of a big deal, in the little scheme of things.

Perhaps by letting go their attachments to fame and money these things will come in spades ;)

Or perhaps as we let go our attachment to what we presume must be their attachments we can Go To A Show and Live In The Moment because That\'s All We Ever Had Anyway!

Josh don\'t think I don\'t recognize your efforts over the years and understand where you\'re coming from. I pretty much agree with you anyway just sandwiching some thoughts around a couple of your quotes, ya know.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 11:17:24 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising