Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-10-31 - 11th Annual Fonghoulish Freakout: The Field; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 9046 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
I: Jam > Taboo or Not Taboot, Doughboy > Over Exposure > Existential Funk

II*: Red Hot Mama, If You Got Funk You Got Style, Sir Nose D'Voidoffunk (Pay Attention-B3M), Bop Gun (Endangered Species) > Unfunky UFO, Who says a Funk band can't play Rock! > One Nation Under A Groove, Maggot Brain, Supergroovalisticprosifunkstication***, Supergroovalisticprosifunkstication, Night of the Thumpasorus People > Dope Dogs > Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker) > Mommy, What's A Funkadelic?

Encore: Standing on the Verge of Getting It On**

*Rico Lewis of P-Funk joined the band after Red Hot Mama.
** Featuring Sammy Blanchette
*** Get Off Your Ass And Jam, Take Your Dead Ass Home teases
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 02:09:15 pm by simpletwistupdon »

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
other than jam > Taboot there were no segues in the first set.

Set II was almost all segues with the exception of 4 or 5 breaks.

Encore was segued
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
So was this considered The Fongoulish Freakout or has it transitioned into the "Halloween Show"?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

galenas

• Global Moderator
Quote from: NickNels;245287
other than jam > Taboot there were no segues in the first set.

Set II was almost all segues with the exception of 4 or 5 breaks.

Encore was segued

thanks, nick.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
i\'m dissapointed there was no Sea Funk

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Quote from: Yoda;245288
So was this considered The Fongoulish Freakout or has it transitioned into the "Halloween Show"?

????

It was the freakout, just like every year
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
this post probably threw him off, what with it stated in print and in pic... :rolleyes:

Quote from: FreeSpirit;245276
FYI:  There are only a few Fonghoulish Freakout shirts left for sale.  I\'ll try to post a better pic later, but here\'s the general idea...

$15 each, + shipping (if needed).

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
My bad, usually, there\'s some mention of the FF in the header of setlist page...

Looks more like a Diesel Experiment setlist than a FF...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jking

• thanks!!
you\'re right. it was a diesel experiment. first one in years. and on halloween, taboot. damn notation benig different just fucks everything up, don\'t it. too bad its impossible to use one\'s own brain to figure these kinds of things out.

just out of curiosity, is there anything you can\'t complain about?

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
That\'s a crazy looking setlist at a glance. Lot of typing.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Wasn\'t complaigning, just asking... If I was complaigning, you\'d know it... Sorry, I didn\'t cross-reference all pertinent threads to find Robyn\'s pic re-posted above...

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Quote from: jking;245294
you\'re right. it was a diesel experiment. first one in years. and on halloween, taboot. damn notation benig different just fucks everything up, don\'t it. too bad its impossible to use one\'s own brain to figure these kinds of things out.

just out of curiosity, is there anything you can\'t complain about?

rotfl
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
:popcorn:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Quote from: galenas;245284
I: Jam > Taboo or Not Taboot, Doughboy, Over Exposure,  Existential Funk

II*: Red Hot Mama, If You Got Funk You Got Style, Mothership Connection (Star Child),  Sir Nose D\'Voidoffunk (Pay Attention-B3M), Bop Gun (Endangered Species), Unfunky UFO,  Who says a Funk band can\'t play Rock!, One Nation Under A Groove,  Maggot Brain, Supergroovalisticprosifunkstication, Get Off Your Ass And Jam, Take Your Dead Ass Home, Supergroovalisticprosifunkstication, [15 minutes left; skip medley; Happy Birthday, Holly Burke], Mothership Connection (Star Child), Night of the Thumpasorus People, Dope Dogs,  Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker), Mommy, What\'s A Funkadelic?

Encore**: Alice In My Fantasies > Standing on the Verge of Getting It On

I could be wrong, but wasn\'t Mothership Connection through Mommy Whats a Funkadelic "the medley" because there was only 15 minutes left?  Also... don\'t think I missed it but, Did they sing happy birthday to holly or just mention that it was her birthday?  Not trying to be a jerk, just want to make sure the set is notated as accurately as possible for those that weren\'t in attendence.  I\'m sure all will be revealed once the show is uploaded!
Where to next?

tmn8r1

• Guitar Slave
    • http://www.thebreakfast.org
the encore was just standing on the verge.

II*: Red Hot Mama, If You Got Funk You Got Style, Sir Nose D\'Voidoffunk (Pay Attention-B3M), Bop Gun (Endangered Species) > Unfunky UFO, Who says a Funk band can\'t play Rock! > One Nation Under A Groove, Maggot Brain, Supergroovalisticprosifunkstication***, Supergroovalisticprosifunkstication, Night of the Thumpasorus People > Dope Dogs > Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker) > Mommy, What\'s A Funkadelic?

Encore: Standing on the Verge of Getting It On**

*** Get Off Your Ass And Jam, Take Your Dead Ass Home teases
When words leave off, music begins. - Heinrich Heine