Author Topic: BEATexpo; Stamford, CT  (Read 1455 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« on: October 13, 2009, 09:28:44 pm »
BEATexpo 2009
Celebrating the music and fans of the Beatles!

Nov. 29
Featuring The Beatles A to Z at 12:15 p.m.

Holiday Inn
700 East Main St   
Stamford, CT
liverpooltours@aol.com

Please invite your friends to come via Facebook.

galenas

• Global Moderator
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 09:29:48 pm »
More info regarding the set time for Beatles A to Z to come...

From BEATexpo:
"BEATexpo 2009 Celebrating The Fans and Music of The Beatles" returns to Connecticut for the 1st time in 12 years! Saturday Nov. 28 (doors open 8pm) & Sunday Nov. 29 2009 (Noon-8pm) at the Holiday Inn Downtown Stamford, 700 East Main St. Stamford, CT

Fan Club Convention/ Music Festival includes Special Guests + Autograph Sessions, Tribute Bands in Concert, Rock & Roll Flea Market & Collectors Memorabilia Marketplace, Auctions, Vendors, Exhibits, Displays, more. Free parking. Admission only $15 advance/$20 door. Advance tickets online: https://beatexpo.ticketleap.com/BEATexpo.

Special guests include:
~Peter Tork of The Monkees in his 1st-ever expo appearance. He\'ll meet fans, sign autographs, be available for photos and talk onstage in a q+a session on Sunday, Nov. 29. His concert performance will be in the hotel\'s ballroom the night before, Sat., Nov. 28.
~Dennis Ferrante, John Lennon\'s Recording Engineer. Grammy award winning recording engineer will talk about his years producing & engineering John Lennon\'s albums from "Imagine" thru "Rock n Roll." Appearing Sunday, Nov. 29.
~Sid Bernstein is the legendary promoter who brought The Beatles to America. He produced their 1964 Carnegie Hall concert and both their 1965 & 1966 Shea Stadium concerts. Appearing Sunday, Nov. 29.
~Greg Hawkes from The Cars played with Paul McCartney on his album "Flowers in the Dirt" and is recognized as one of the foremost keyboard players in the music industry. He\'ll meet fans, sign autographs, be available for photos and talk onstage in a q+a session on Sunday, Nov. 29. His concert performance will be in the hotel\'s ballroom the night before, Sat., Nov. 28.
~Butch Patrick of The Munsters is best known for his role as "Eddie Munster." A long-time Beatles fan and collector, he\'ll meet fans, sign autographs, be available for photos and talk onstage on Sunday, Nov. 29. He\'ll also be part of the Special Pre-Show Concert Event on Sat., Nov. 28.
More guests of honor and celebrity appearances will be announced. Live music will be provided by Peter Tork (Monkees), Greg Hawkes (The Cars), "Octopus\'s Garden," "The Beatles A-Z Songbook Show" and the "Beatles Forever Band."

Info: (203) 795-4737 http://www.ToursAndEvents.com/BEATexpo.htm

BEATexpo 2009 - "It\'s Guaranteed to Raise a Smile!"

SkyePrizm

• separator
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:26:37 pm »
i\'ve heard about this. very cool event.   the coordinator of the expo is actually coming in on Tuesday to do a talk show/promo about it at my studio.

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 02:50:33 pm »
i\'m psyched to see this happening in stamford and hoping that i\'ll be around that weekend. if any beatles a-z people would like to hook up some flyers/handbills i\'ll definitely leave them around places in the area.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:53:11 pm by Mamalakabubadaya »

thatguy

BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 02:56:09 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;243682
i\'m psyched to see this happening in stamford and hoping that i\'ll be around that weekend. if any beatles a-z people would like to hook up some flyers/handbills i\'ll definitely leave them around places in the area.

tims got a nice stack.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 03:00:26 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;243685
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;243682

tims got a nice stack.

must...hold....back...joke

also, diana, the event is listed as 10/28 in the .info calendar but should be 11/28.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

galenas

• Global Moderator
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 10:42:48 am »
Quote from: zuke583;243686

also, diana, the event is listed as 10/28 in the .info calendar but should be 11/28.

actually just saw this when i went to the calendar this morning. sorry about that. fixed.

Mamalakabubadaya

BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 09:58:53 am »
1. can someone please bring handbills to the red square for this??
2. any more of an idea of a start time for A-Z?

Mamalakabubadaya

BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 02:34:44 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;244166

????

i told some people i work with about this and they need answers.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 03:41:50 pm »
You are in the wrong place for answers.....
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

galenas

• Global Moderator
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 05:09:30 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;245358
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;244166

????

i told some people i work with about this and they need answers.

if i knew, i would tell u. but i don\'t. so can u ask tim tonight and let us all know? thanks!

galenas

• Global Moderator
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 05:21:02 pm »
PLEASE NOTE: Beatles A-Z at 12:15 p.m. Nov. 29th.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 07:30:39 pm »
Quote from: galenas;245562
PLEASE NOTE: Beatles A-Z at 12:15 p.m. Nov. 29th.

Good to know.

Albany and possibly this but Portland might be calling.

Would like to see Sean Miller again as well.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 11:04:02 pm »
Calling all you Beatles look-alikes!!!

Charles F. Rosenay sent a message to the members of BEATexpo.

Subject: BEATexpo is Nov. 28-29 and we have big news...

"This really is big - Disney are holding auditions for actors to play The Beatles in a film (next year\'s "Yellow Sub" in 3-D), and the casting call will take place AT THE CONVENTION! Tell every aspiring actor, lookalike & Beatle wannabe! Casting is November 28-29 right in the same hotel!
BEATexpo.htm"
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
BEATexpo; Stamford, CT
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 12:51:45 pm »
show was pretty good. not a ton of .infoers but i nice turnout of beatles freaks. let\'s see: i remember dr. robert, hey bulldog, within you without you...i forget the rest. 10 songs total. ron couldn\'t make it (strept), but they found a serviceable replacement bass player. not sure if i\'ll be at the december 13th concert, but it sounds like the guys might have a wrinkle or two for the show.

oh and i met eddie munster there.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor