Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-09-25 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 16818 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
Setlist: 2009-09-25 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 10:04:05 am »
Quote from: TeddyT;242337
If you were not at the show, haven\'t heard the audio, or was just a bit waisted to remember, The Breakfast announced that their New Year\'s Eve show will be at Daniel St. and they will be doing three sets.

thanks for the news!!

beef does produce some of the sickest jams.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 10:58:12 am »
BB @ Mill St a few shows ago there was a monster. Chris owned that shit on bass.

Sux I couldn\'t make this show last minute. Glad I get to listen to it at least. Setlist looks like a dream to me!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 11:14:52 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;242361
BB @ Mill St a few shows ago there was a monster. Chris owned that shit on bass.

Sux I couldn\'t make this show last minute. Glad I get to listen to it at least. Setlist looks like a dream to me!

Setlist looks like a dream to me as well.....Pissed I couldnt make it....Heard the crowd was a deeeeeeeewzie..........Hopefully some people will come to the NYE show.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 11:23:49 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs;242363

Setlist looks like a dream to me as well.....Pissed I couldnt make it....Heard the crowd was a deeeeeeeewzie..........Hopefully some people will come to the NYE show.

Maybe people will stop with the excuses and get out. This band is playing to well not to be noticed.

Little effort on the sales and marketing side and there will be a crowd. Do nothing and there will be no crowd. NYE has been announced early enough to promote it. Halloween is 4 weeks away and where is it again?

You might have the greatest product in the world but your branding sucks.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 11:37:39 am »
I am going to try and encourage everyone to GET PRESALE TIX for the NYE show.  But then thus begins the internal struggle and mental debate about "what to do for NYE?"  Fuck it all you people and lets sell a fucking breakfast show out for the first time, in.....well........well in a long fucking time.  You people know you will not be "not rewarded" for packing Daniel St on NYE, so lets just fucking do it.........
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2009, 11:41:19 am »
Spacey I don\'t think me or Stevie really deserve to be called out for making excuses. We both make it to a bunch of shows and I promote the band on the side in whatever free time I have and sometimes when I\'m burning time I should be working.

It\'s not like I see you at every show either, but I know you make what you can within reason.

Sometimes you get stuck at home for bullshit but unavoidable reasons. Definitely would have rather been at Daniel Street .... but I don\'t think I owe an explanation for missing this.

Listening now, sounds great.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2009, 11:42:48 am »

i\'ve seen much worse turnouts at daniel street than the one on friday.

as far as the show goes, the merge->puppetry was by far the highlight of the night. i\'m sure of this because i loved it and mark hated it :). i hate to compare breakfast to biscuits, but that sequence reminded me more of a biscuits jam than anything i\'ve ever see them do.

and i can\'t say how nice it is to have some sort of light show going on. even the tiniest bit of effort on the light FX side goes a looooong way.

kinda sucks that it will be a little while before i see them again, but i\'m glad that the mini break allows for a little attention to be paid to adrian\'s side project. really excited for friday!
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2009, 11:50:33 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;242367
Spacey I don\'t think me or Stevie really deserve to be called out for making excuses. We both make it to a bunch of shows and I promote the band on the side in whatever free time I have and sometimes when I\'m burning time I should be working.

It\'s not like I see you at every show either, but I know you make what you can within reason.

Sometimes you get stuck at home for bullshit but unavoidable reasons. Definitely would have rather been at Daniel Street .... but I don\'t think I owe an explanation for missing this.

It was not a call out nor it was intended for either of you or anyone directly.

Quote from: zuke583;242368

and i can\'t say how nice it is to have some sort of light show going on. even the tiniest bit of effort on the light FX side goes a looooong way.

I agree. Even if it is a multi color disco ball on the stage.

If the band still had lights or the boards, it would be cool to have each show on the tour with a fan at the light board. Its only buttons and its easy enough to learn but difficult to master. But still, this might create some buzz about the band.

Lights by fans for the Live As Is tour.

Shit like this sounds stupid but I guarantee that it creates interest and brings people into the shows.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:59:52 am by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2009, 11:57:45 am »
Ha....I would love to see the guys bring back that rainbow disco ball lightshow they used to use back in the day......

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2009, 12:21:00 pm »

Crowd didn\'t seem like a deeeeeeeeuwzer... but then I was up in front looking forward most of the night.  Teddy\'s right the smile to wook ratio was high indeed, sometimes it ain\'t the quantity but the quality that counts... though a packed house would always be better for the band (as long as I can still get up front).  Missed ya at the show, but you looked comfy in that there Tux there!
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2009, 12:32:07 pm »
More w00ks @ Breakfast shows would be a good thing.

They have a lesser tendency to repeatedly offer my girlfriend a line of coke in trade for porta potty fucky-fucky...

Not gonna call you out cuz I\'m sure you didn\'t know she was taken. But unless you were blacked out at the time, you know who you are. Not too cool kid. In fact, scummy as shit and not the kind of thing I expect from "Bfam".

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2009, 12:42:04 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;242380

Not gonna call you out cuz I\'m sure you didn\'t know she was taken. But unless you were blacked out at the time, you know who you are. Not too cool kid. In fact, scummy as shit and not the kind of thing I expect from "Bfam".

WHAT?! (wasn\'t me! ;) )

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2009, 12:43:01 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;242366
I am going to try and encourage everyone to GET PRESALE TIX for the NYE show.  But then thus begins the internal struggle and mental debate about "what to do for NYE?"  Fuck it all you people and lets sell a fucking breakfast show out for the first time, in.....well........well in a long fucking time.  You people know you will not be "not rewarded" for packing Daniel St on NYE, so lets just fucking do it.........

i\'d fucking LOVE to see this place sold out on NYE!!!

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2009, 01:13:09 pm »
PBR on tap at D-Street made my night even better... bar tab so much more easier on the wallet!  Anyone else think Jordan\'s volume was a bit higher at this show than normal?  Listening to the recording, you can hear him crystal clear and all of his licks that are normally not as evident...but I remember thinking that at the show too.
Where to next?

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2009, 01:26:30 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;242369
Quote from: bdfreetuna;242367

It was not a call out nor it was intended for either of you or anyone directly.

Quote from: zuke583;242368

I agree. Even if it is a multi color disco ball on the stage.

If the band still had lights or the boards, it would be cool to have each show on the tour with a fan at the light board. Its only buttons and its easy enough to learn but difficult to master. But still, this might create some buzz about the band.

Lights by fans for the Live As Is tour.

Shit like this sounds stupid but I guarantee that it creates interest and brings people into the shows.

spacey i think thats an awesome idea! i\'d love to mess around with the lights for a show.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside