Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-09-18 - Let It Roll Festival; Ghent, NY  (Read 4269 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
Setlist: 2009-09-18 - Let It Roll Festival; Ghent, NY
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:23:10 am »
I: jam > Buquebus, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Garcian Fishbowl > Metropolis > Garcian Fishbowl, Sundance, The Late And The Great > Over Exposure, Taboo Or Not Taboot

Thanks to frolfer for the setlist!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:40:40 pm by galenas »

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:28:16 am »
wow, that looks intense!!

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 10:50:00 am »
garcian>Met>Garc>Sun = most epic segue ever...did anyone tape?
DS Newbers

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 02:55:10 pm »
It was a good show but something seemed a little funny that evening... pretty sure it wasn\'t all the green tea energy drinks. Some of my friends thought it was a strange-ish show as well and thought the band was trying to do something a little different but wasn\'t sure what the point was.

Adrian was damn good especially though.

Was I hearing a Puppetry tease in the jam before Buquebus?

By Late and the Great all I could do was lean against the wall and melt. Halfway through Overexposure I went to go lie down in the car with the heat on. I was actually waiting for an excuse to go lie down and drink some herbal sleepy tea and with all due respect to Overexposure.. it\'s been ahh... Overexposed on me live and I\'m not a fan of most of it\'s sections and the jam is too much usually unharmonious shit going on at once for me. The Late and the Great I love but wish these songs weren\'t usually paired up. Probably most ppl disagree with this statement but we all love The Breakfast so try not to get too butt hurt over it.

That said I had a killer time at the fest I was just one herbal energy drink over the line like halfway through the show.

Jam > Buquebus, Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Garcian Fishbowl > Metropolis ... totally diggin it

Garcian Fishbowl > Sundance, The Late and the Great > Overexposure, Taboo ... wanted to inject my skull with antioxidants and benzodiazapines.

Overexposure put me over the edge. Would love to hear this song jammed in a less chaotic way some time.

6.5/10 show by 2009 Breakfast standards. 10/10 chill as festival and great people.

Best part of the show "From now on ***** is a fruit!" (and maybe some vaguely masked references to the ball breaking and retardedness that occurs on .info as opposed to taking real action towards positive change in our lives? If he was hinting at what I thought he was that\'s some funny shit)

Weird Beards are definitely weird as hell. I wonder what their musical influences are or if Peaches and his friends are just like certifiably insane? Thought maybe all that herbal tea might have made it seem more twisted than it really was, so I closed my 3rd eye for a minute to get a more objective take. Still weird as fuck. Catchy? Not sure. Good? I think so. Listenable in my condition... not so much. Headed back to the woods and made it back up for Breakfast.

So yea I got totally wrecked, could barely speak besides laughing and jibberish half the time, couldn\'t really get into the music all that much.... but had a wonderful time regardless thanks Jon Aruny + Company for putting on the festival with the least bullshit to chill/rage ratio I\'ve been to in many years.

Lets Roll Again next year just not the same weekend as Wormtown. I could have got another dozen ppl to go if not for Strangecreek/Wormtown being a local tradition for most of my good company.

Sounds like Sully\'s was the real killer of the weekend. Fuck, oh well. I really did try but apparently I\'m a little more realistic these days when it comes to how much self-abuse I can handle. Once I stopped home presumably on the way to Sully\'s it was pretty much understood among us that that was that for the weekend.

I\'m guessing this post is mad long so I\'ll just stop.... Bfam 4 lyfe as they say... most confusing moment of the weekend: Antbach stopping over thinking I was like 20 years old or something and n00b status. Thought process: "Huh? > LOL > "Wait are you serious?" > "2002 to 2009 makes me a n00b?" > "Time to finish my time machine so I can go back to 1999 and possibly that would be impressive?" > back to LOL

Half joking but you caught me at a spun ass moment so I didn\'t get a proper chance to be like "wut wut GDF for life kid! You listen to Phish? Breakfast who? Oh you mean that weak-ass Phish wannabe band. LOL custie get off my lot. Where\'s the nitrous so I can suck down a 60 and then kick the kids ass for bringing it here when it\'s kicked. BTW wanna buy some 40 mic US Blues... its needlepoint or something... family wut... uhh I mean 120 mic did I say 40? GDF wut! I did a thumbprint of L criss when I was 3 years old so all my opinions are totally correct and all my actions are totally proper! West coast represent! You off my lot yet or do I gotta round up those 3 other spun out zero % body fat w00ks to say some shit but not step? What was that band u mentioned, Brunch or something? Some Phish kid who\'s ass I was about to kick with Fast Eddie just for liking Phish delayed his ass kicking by making us listen to some wack ass version of Help > Slipknot by that band. It was disrespectful to the Grateful Dead even though I can\'t name even half their songs. GDF 4 life! You off my lot yet??!"

Don\'t worry next time u confuse me like that I\'mma confuse the shit outta you. I was just too confused by like the grass, trees, and snippets of conversation that actually made sense at the time :D

Good to see many of you even if I speaking in Sanskrit ... a few of you I saw but figured I\'d wait until I was in a more coherent state of mind to introduce myself. Shit happens. Love you all.

Quote from: ds673488;241718
garcian>Met>Garc>Sun = most epic segue ever...did anyone tape?

Yea it was taped. And not most epic segue ever by far, but pretty good.

Listen to Puppetry > Other One > Puppetry from Kappa Sigma in late 2005. Seamless brah.

I got more stories to tell too but I better do some work before my balls get broke around here :P

Did I totally kill this thread or am I not the only one encouraging my last neurotransmitter to work overtime right now? ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:55:10 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 03:33:30 pm »
sounds like you had a good time tuna
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 05:11:53 pm »
the breakfast NEEDS someone on lights during a show like this.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 05:18:56 pm »
it was great as far as i\'m concerned.  garcian always used to be a top 3 breakfast tune to me back in the day, so hearing it full band brings me back to my youth.  dangeldoozer was dropping bombs all over the place, i love the newish breakfast sound(sometimes i do think they jam a little long, but i digress), this band is the shit.  weird beards to open is starting to become a ritual.  not really too keen on the lyrics if there are any, but i appreciate the energy.

TeddyT

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 05:21:02 pm »
I was completely waisted by the time B\'fast took the stage. Wish I could remember more of the show. All I know is that I am a big fan of any set-wich involving Garcian Fishbowl.

Later in the night Adrian sat in on a chair. He was going nuts.

Let It Roll hosts and company are the friendliest folks I have ever met.

Chris and Lindsey, thanks so much for saving me from the freezing lake at like 6am. Later on I woke up with my underwear pretty much frozen to my nuts.

great seeing .info and staven high up at this fest.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 05:35:07 pm »
Different strokes for different folks. Thats what  makes this all so beautiful. I loved every moment of this show. I felt like they were tapping into something else, mutating, changing, molting, evolving before our very ears.

Sometimes I\'d kinda like them to jam longer!

Then again, I was on a mission that night. I ripped all the way there and was a wee bit late, and I was sober, and I was hanging on every note. I soon found the keg outside and found a phaddy so that took care of that.

GBFBITS!!!!! This makes me so happy!

Then during Taboo, those horses do nevertheless make a mess!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 09:31:51 pm »
Quote from: galenas;241752
the breakfast NEEDS someone on lights during a show like this.

fo\' real.  nonetheless, awesome song selection, best fest of the summer, and adrian raging the chair will never be forgotten.
♥♫∞

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 11:58:07 pm »
Quote from: TeddyT;241754
I was completely waisted by the time B\'fast took the stage. Wish I could remember more of the show. All I know is that I am a big fan of any set-wich involving Garcian Fishbowl.

Later in the night Adrian sat in on a chair. He was going nuts.

Let It Roll hosts and company are the friendliest folks I have ever met.

Chris and Lindsey, thanks so much for saving me from the freezing lake at like 6am. Later on I woke up with my underwear pretty much frozen to my nuts.

great seeing .info and staven high up at this fest.

Weird Beards= always rock out and crunch it up big!

PSYlab + Adrian chair-ing= awesome

Me trying to play ping pong at 6am= uhhh, what?

Teddy- You snatched out Chris\' Frisbee, so you pretty much kicked all ass! The pond was actually much warmer than the air by then...haha, so it was really the air you were saved from??? Oh me oh my, what a couple of days to remember...
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 01:12:56 am »
Quote from: Vassillios;241747
sounds like you had a good time tuna

Festivals tend be very unpredictable experiences for me. Overall getting better at it though :P
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 09:47:55 am »
Looks like it\'s still in the process of being uploaded but I\'m guessing it will be done by lunch time today.

http://www.archive.org/details/breakfast2009-09-18.matrixAKG483

Quote from: cannontrip;241782
best fest of the summer

Camp Barefoot would like to have a word with you.
Smell my mule.

GLuft3

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 11:01:35 am »
Thanks for making this available.  Recordings have been scarce lately.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 11:25:17 am »
Best fest of the summer for me.... well Vibes was awesome in some ways but in other ways the state of the scene (philly mob vs "GDF") and the murder of my friend Jay put a downer on things.

Strange Creek always gets the best of me, usually not in a good way. Breakfast\'s epic set was like an oasis in the middle of a trainwreck :P

Let It Roll kicked ass. Barely any drama, mostly really chill and heady folk. Not all copped out and no gas at all (I don\'t mind nitrous one bit but I\'d rather see none than punk ass Philly mob treating people and their environment disrespectfully).

Aruny keep it up man. Next year I want dibs on late night time slot! My band had to take a couple month hiatus due to personal issues but we\'re about to reform and we melt face live. I\'ll bug you about that again in like 8 months or something but I\'m going to put together a bootleg/demo of a couple early show highlights and session recordings.

Astral Projections > A-Pro 2.0 ... ya ain\'t never heard shit like this kiiid. Bootleg live free download "album" coming real soon.
Ghetto-studio produced demo this winter.

For the rest of the press kit just use any sexy picture of me on Facebook. Oh yea and we fit in your budget cuz we\'ll play for free... late night!