Author Topic: New Haven (yale) Murder  (Read 2670 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 10:25:02 am »
Quote from: wildcoyote;240988
Quote from: kindm\'s;240929
Ok I have a question for our New haven .infoers etc

I have been to New haven many many times. I have never really felt unsafe etc. Of course I am used to a little sketch so to speak etc etc

A Lot of internet BS about Yale and the surrounding neighborhood.

What areas of New Haven would the bfast family steer clear of ?

What do you guys consider the sketchy area around Yale if any ?

1. This was not a random crime. Based on what I\'ve read, if I had to guess, either the victim knew her killer, or he\'d been stalking her and planning this for a while.

2. None of the really bad areas would have anything to draw you there. But again, this isn\'t random street crime. This could\'ve happened in Westchester County too.

3. If this was a local instead of a Yalie it would be receiving ZERO national media attention.

4. On a really unrelated note, but involving New Haven sketch- Kyle and Eric- beware.  Fair Haven is going to be insane this weekend.

Again. I Know all of this I was just asking about the area to get what the locals think. My boss was saying there were a bunch of online posts about how unsafe it is. I was like I have been around that area a bunch and it never seemed scary to me. So that was why I went to the source. People always tend to exaggerate a situation which is why I figured you guys were the go to. You guys are running around new haven all the time on t tour etc. and I have spent a decent amount of time downtown around Yale usually stay at the Omni. That was why I was curious.

Skyprizm thanks for the info. that was exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 03:16:40 pm »
Just gave Poetry Lady a dollar on my walk back from lunch...
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 03:51:27 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;240988
4. On a really unrelated note, but involving New Haven sketch- Kyle and Eric- beware.  Fair Haven is going to be insane this weekend.

why? are you coming over for late-night on saturday? that\'s about as sketch as it gets...
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 09:08:30 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;240989
Quote from: jocelyn;240957
The only sketchy thing that has ever happened to me in New Haven was some toothless lady trying to sell me "poetry."

Ha...She\'s still out there too.....

Really? Cripes, that was in like, 2000.
Masturbation in the MFA

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 09:46:08 pm »
me and roger used to have great times together and always some good laughs in our chats..
there was always the classic,"hey fred,is that yooooooooooooooou?"
i used to give the dude money every time i seen him,ususally a coupla times a week and usually 5-10 bucks each time.one time i was waitin for some money to come my way and he asked me to help him out and i said,"roger,im hurtin right now,catch me later"..he got all pissy,"fred,come on..i said,"roger,im literally almost about this close to being out here with u brah."
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 11:08:26 pm »
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 11:28:11 pm »
Quote from: DocEllis70;241243
poetry/shakespeare lady :  http://www.metacafe.com/watch/60451/the_shakespeare_lady/

anice... anybody ever get any footage of Roger in front of Richters... back it up with some Richters Tim recordings.  Oh wait a minute, he pulls down about $60,000 a year (I know someone who knows his banker).  Shit... on second thought I need to make a video where half the proceeds go to me for now!  Nice video though, glad to see someone\'s chronicalling our life and times in and around the city of New Haven for future generations to ponder.

Oh, and back to what this threads all about... I heard they arrested someone for the murder... anybody know anything else... like why they did it?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 11:28:11 pm by Bret »
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

SkyePrizm

• separator
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 11:51:08 pm »
Quote from: Bret;241244
Oh, and back to what this threads all about... I heard they arrested someone for the murder... anybody know anything else... like why they did it?

Raymond Clark, a lab tech for yale.  He actually works with my sister-in-law who is also a lab tech.  she had a convo with this guy as late as friday....

I guess he had an obsession with annie le.   not sure of the full details.  but my hubby heard from some new haven cops.  she put up a good fight :( he has a lot of bruises and scratches on him.

oh, and i guess he wasn\'t arrested. they just have a search warrant for his DNA.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:03:41 am by SkyePrizm »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 09:02:51 am »

I have been to New haven many many times. I have never really felt unsafe etc. Of course I am used to a little sketch so to speak etc etc

I think that the area around Yale is probably the safest part of New Haven.  I went to SCSU, which is in New Haven but on the Hamden border.  Had a gun pulled on me walking home from Toad\'s my freshman year on Sherman/Goffe; I wasn\'t robbed, just on the wrong street at the wrong time.  There was a stabbing at the Gecco Club one night as we were all leaving.  After graduating, I live on the corner of the boulevard and whaley and I don\'t care what anyone says, that was a rough area.  Every night I heard gunshots and several times I woke up to caution tape and an active police investigation.  My personal opinion is that Yale shouldn\'t be considered part of New Haven.  It\'s maintained more than the rest of the city; there\'s a larger police presence and it\'s more college kids and people wanting to live the Yale lifestyle than the locals in New Haven.  Again, this is just my opinion.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 09:30:49 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;241250
Quote from: Bret;241244

Raymond Clark, a lab tech for yale.  He actually works with my sister-in-law who is also a lab tech.  she had a convo with this guy as late as friday....

I guess he had an obsession with annie le.   not sure of the full details.  but my hubby heard from some new haven cops.  she put up a good fight :( he has a lot of bruises and scratches on him.

oh, and i guess he wasn\'t arrested. they just have a search warrant for his DNA.

They said on the news last night that he would be released after providing the appropriate evidence samples and whatnot.  Released?  Wouldn\'t this kid, if he was guilty, and then released until the evidence is processed and an arrest warrent issued, RUN?

Quote from: Yoda;241283

I think that the area around Yale is probably the safest part of New Haven.  I went to SCSU, which is in New Haven but on the Hamden border.  Had a gun pulled on me walking home from Toad\'s my freshman year on Sherman/Goffe; I wasn\'t robbed, just on the wrong street at the wrong time.  There was a stabbing at the Gecco Club one night as we were all leaving.  After graduating, I live on the corner of the boulevard and whaley and I don\'t care what anyone says, that was a rough area.  Every night I heard gunshots and several times I woke up to caution tape and an active police investigation.  My personal opinion is that Yale shouldn\'t be considered part of New Haven.  It\'s maintained more than the rest of the city; there\'s a larger police presence and it\'s more college kids and people wanting to live the Yale lifestyle than the locals in New Haven.  Again, this is just my opinion.

You live in New Jersey, so nobody cares about what you think about New Haven.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 10:14:39 am »
You\'re right because one can\'t have an opinion on a place they lived for 7+ years unless they currently live there.  That makes a whole lot of sense...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 10:24:25 am »
Quote from: Yoda;241292
You\'re right because one can\'t have an opinion on a place they lived for 7+ years unless they currently live there.  That makes a whole lot of sense...

I\'m not saying you cant have an opinion about New Haven.  I\'m just saying that nobody cares about your opinion of New Haven.......It is a very valid opinion.
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 12:20:13 pm »

I would say New Haven\'s safer than most cities.  Of course it is a city, put a bunch of people together in a small area, there\'s bound to be a few who cause trouble.  Just steer clear of Whalley Ave. from the bookstore up to westville (and some areas north of westville) probably don\'t want to be runnin\' around on lower Dixwell pretty much up to Hamden (but there\'s nothing there to interest you anyway)  I remember it used to be bad on and around Orchard St. but I think it\'s better now than when we were going there for dime bags in High school.  And of course over the river, but then what the hell do you need in Fair Haven?  Of course you should be aware of what\'s around you anywhere you go in most cities but most of the areas around the bars and Yale are good enough.  Of course a friend just told me she was out drinking on her own (fight with boyfriend).  Some guy who was bothering her all night in the bar followed her out of the bar and cornered her in an alcove... so she kick him where it counts gave him a knee to the head and got in her car, locked the doors, and drove home.  Another friend was held up for his wallet (just got paid 8 bills cash) he was walking back from Subway near Orange St. a couple blocks up from exit 3.  He wasn\'t giving up his money (or his sandwich) so long story short, he elbowed him in the head before the guy knew what was up and proceeded to beat the living shit out of the guy.  He took a chance but as it turned out the guy didn\'t even have a gun, he just stuck his finger in his back (must\'ve thought he was a Yale student = easy prey).  The cops came and took the guy away (people heard the scuffle and called), my friend made a report, found his sandwich in the bushes and proceeded home to enjoy that sandwich.  Moral of the stories... don\'t let your guard down in any city anywhere and always be ready to fight for your right to party!  And in honor of Patrick Swayze... "be nice until it\'s time to not be nice."
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

SkyePrizm

• separator
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 12:25:33 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;241287

They said on the news last night that he would be released after providing the appropriate evidence samples and whatnot.  Released?  Wouldn\'t this kid, if he was guilty, and then released until the evidence is processed and an arrest warrent issued, RUN?

He is being watched by undercover police officers.  He was being watched the entire weekend before the media got ahold of this yesterday.   If he ran, they\'d get him.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 12:44:38 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;241320
Quote from: Stephengencs;241287

He is being watched by undercover police officers.  He was being watched the entire weekend before the media got ahold of this yesterday.   If he ran, they\'d get him.

Unless they took an eye off when hitting up the D&D for a Large Reg and Bear Claw.......