Author Topic: New Haven (yale) Murder  (Read 2668 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
New Haven (yale) Murder
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:22:12 pm »
Ok I have a question for our New haven .infoers etc

I have been to New haven many many times. I have never really felt unsafe etc. Of course I am used to a little sketch so to speak etc etc

A Lot of internet BS about Yale and the surrounding neighborhood.

What areas of New Haven would the bfast family steer clear of ?

What do you guys consider the sketchy area around Yale if any ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 03:56:55 pm »
I work on Tower Parkway, which is the street behind Toad\'s Place. I have walked to my car in a suit and carrying a laptop at 3 a.m. plenty of times and never felt unsafe.

Reports thus far are that the unfortunate murder of Annie Le was not a random act, so I don\'t see what "bad neighborhoods" have to do with it. Of course, the Internet is the Internet, so I\'m not surprised that people have prematurely decided that "the hood" is responsible for this tragedy.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:01:02 pm »
new haven\'s not a sketchy down by a long shot.  Most of the surrounding Yale area is pretty damn nice really.

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 04:09:46 pm »
its mostly that the lady had written an article about how bad new haven crime was, i\'d imagine. although, she was an attractive woman, and we all know they should never be left on their own in new haven! ;)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 04:14:41 pm »
Quote from: jking;240938
its mostly that the lady had written an article about how bad new haven crime was, i\'d imagine. although, she was an attractive woman, and we all know they should never be left on their own in new haven! ;)

I don\'t need research to tell me that New Haven, Harlem and Philadelphia have more crime than Hanover, N.H. and Princeton, N.J.

inthewhitelodge

New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 04:16:06 pm »
The suspect was also a student, so it likely had little to do with crime-ridden neighborhoods.

Murder can happen in the best of places...Sad. My heart goes out to all of Annie\'s family and friends. I hear she was also engaged to be married.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 04:18:26 pm »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;240940
The suspect was also a student, so it likely had little to do with crime-ridden neighborhoods.

Murder can happen in the best of places...Sad. My heart goes out to all of Annie\'s family and friends. I hear she was also engaged to be married.

The wedding was supposed to be yesterday, actually. Campus is such a strange place to be today.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 05:00:56 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;240935
I work on Tower Parkway, which is the street behind Toad\'s Place. I have walked to my car in a suit and carrying a laptop at 3 a.m. plenty of times and never felt unsafe.

Reports thus far are that the unfortunate murder of Annie Le was not a random act, so I don\'t see what "bad neighborhoods" have to do with it. Of course, the Internet is the Internet, so I\'m not surprised that people have prematurely decided that "the hood" is responsible for this tragedy.

Not responsible or anything like that. Just a bunch of people saying it is a shit hole and I guess the girl who got killed had written an article last year about the unsafe neighborhood etc

That was why I was curious as it has never been my experience
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 05:31:14 pm »
Anything that Yale does not own.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 05:40:09 pm »
The only sketchy thing that has ever happened to me in New Haven was some toothless lady trying to sell me "poetry."
Masturbation in the MFA

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 07:31:40 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;240929
Ok I have a question for our New haven .infoers etc

I have been to New haven many many times. I have never really felt unsafe etc. Of course I am used to a little sketch so to speak etc etc

A Lot of internet BS about Yale and the surrounding neighborhood.

What areas of New Haven would the bfast family steer clear of ?

What do you guys consider the sketchy area around Yale if any ?

1. This was not a random crime. Based on what I\'ve read, if I had to guess, either the victim knew her killer, or he\'d been stalking her and planning this for a while.

2. None of the really bad areas would have anything to draw you there. But again, this isn\'t random street crime. This could\'ve happened in Westchester County too.

3. If this was a local instead of a Yalie it would be receiving ZERO national media attention.

4. On a really unrelated note, but involving New Haven sketch- Kyle and Eric- beware.  Fair Haven is going to be insane this weekend.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:34:53 pm by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 07:36:02 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;240957
The only sketchy thing that has ever happened to me in New Haven was some toothless lady trying to sell me "poetry."

Ha...She\'s still out there too.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 08:01:52 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;240989

hows Roger been?  haven\'t seen him in years.  I remember seeing him one time for the first time in almost a year and he remembered my name.  good guy.

GLuft3

New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:08 pm »
I grew up in New Haven and there are parts of it--like any other city--that you would need to be careful walking around at night, but that\'s urban life.  Clearly with this happening inside a "secure" university lab facility has nothing to do with good or bad neighborhoods.  I can see the building looking out my window at work.  Thought of the tragic end of another life so full of promise many times today.  Too sad.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

SkyePrizm

• separator
New Haven (yale) Murder
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 10:24:31 pm »
I lived in Downtown New Haven for a few years before I bought my house.   I lived on the corner of crown and orange street in an apartment building.  For years also before that, I worked at Walgreens on York Street and often worked late hours and didn\'t get out till midnight sometimes.   I had to walk the parking garage at my apartment at all hours.  I never felt "unsafe".  New Haven is like any other city.  

Annie Le\'s death was a sad and isolated incident.  

Don\'t think less of New Haven. It\'s come a looooong way.

Areas to avoid however:   lower dixwell on the new haven/hamden line.  Gang activity is BAD.  REAL BAD.   Grand Ave area of Fair Haven.  Downtown is good in my book.

Quote from: Stephengencs;240989

She is out there too.  Along with the dead carnation lady!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:26:32 pm by SkyePrizm »