Author Topic: even springsteen fans aren\'t this dumb!  (Read 893 times)

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
even springsteen fans aren\'t this dumb!
« on: September 01, 2009, 02:01:20 pm »
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/09/bruce_springsteens_born_to_run.html

Bruce Springsteen\'s \'Born to Run\' house is for sale in Long Branch

by The Star-Ledger Continuous News Desk
Tuesday September 01, 2009, 6:37 AM

LONG BRANCH -- A small house in the West End section previously occupied by New Jersey rock legend Bruce Springsteen is for sale for $299,000, according to a report by RedBank Orbit.

The reports said Springsteen lived in the house in 1974 and 1975, when his career-making "Born to Run" album was released. Realtor Susan McLaughlin of Keller Williams Realty told the website the one-story shotgun-style house is "bigger than it looks at 828 square feet."

tmn8r1

• Guitar Slave
    • http://www.thebreakfast.org
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 02:07:11 pm »
yoda\'s new residence?
When words leave off, music begins. - Heinrich Heine

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 02:27:54 pm »
300K for a house that small? man people are idiots.

That said, I wonder what big pink sold for...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 02:51:00 pm »
Quote from: tmn8r1;239614
yoda\'s new residence?

I wish...

Quote from: FrankZappa;239619
300K for a house that small? man people are idiots.

That said, I wonder what big pink sold for...

I wish I had the $300K to buy it today.  Yes, because it\'s the house that bruce wrote BTR, but because the land itself is worth more than the $300K.  I\'ve driven to that house and it\'s only 2-3 block off the beach.  Long Branch has been upgrading and pumping money into their economy and it\'s now one of the premiere towns on the Jersey Shore.  You\'re looking at this as a live-in house, but it has the potential to make tons of money as a rental.  If you restore but keep the original feel, you could rent it out to Bruce fans or to people that want to be in Long Branch and have easy access to the beach.  Houses not much bigger than this get at least $1,000 a week for rental during the summer.

Property on the Jersey Shore continues to go up in value every year.  My father bought a place about 2 blocks off the beach about 20 miles south of Long Branch for about the same price.  He has since rebuilt on the property, but a house another 2 blocks in, not much bigger than the bruce house sold for over a million dollars.  Don\'t underestimate the value of shore-front property...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:51:00 pm by Yoda »
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 02:51:26 pm »
I know times are tough but the if this is that important to springsteen fans, declare it a heritage site, eat the taxes, and open it as a museum. would drive a little tourism most likely as well.

edit: had no idea it was near the shore. I assumed it was stuck somewhere in the swamps of jersey.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 02:55:42 pm »
to be honest, if i had an extra 300k laying around, i\'d definitely buy the place for ya, yoda!

i\'d even get ya this doormat...

;)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 03:03:58 pm »
Thank you much!
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19