Author Topic: Setlist [The Beatles A-Z, Electric; Part 5] 2009-08-30 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 2527 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
I: The Fool on the Hill$*^#%-=, The Inner Light&~^^**##%%, The Long and Winding Road&*^^--, The Night Before$*==, The Sheik of Araby+@==, The Word&$*==, There\'s a Place&@==~~, Things We Said Today@, Think For Yourself&*==, This Boy&@--, Three Cool Cats+&@--, Ticket to Ride@$*==, Till There Was You&--%<<, Tomorrow Never Knows$~^^@@==$$, Twist and Shout$==, Two of Us&@^, Wait&@--***, We Can Work It Out$*--***^^^###, What Goes On&==, What You\'re Doing$==, What\'s the New Mary Jane&*^%%%^^^, When I Get Home&@

II: When I\'m Sixty-Four@*--===---, While My Guitar Gently Weeps&*~$$###, Why Don\'t We Do It in the Road?&@$<*, Wild Honey Pie&@*&&, With a Little Help from My Friends&*, Within You Without You&*^^@@##, Words of Love@&@@, World Without Love+&@*@@, Yellow Submarine&^~~~, Yer Blues$==, Yes It Is&@~--, Yesterday$^^--%%%<<<$$$, You Can\'t Do That&==, You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)&@*%--, You Know What to Do+@--, You Like Me Too Much&@*, You Never Give Me Your Money&@$*, You Won\'t See Me$*, Your Mother Should Know&*~, You\'re Going to Lose That Girl&@$*, You\'ve Got to Hide Your Love Away&*^%--=@@@

E: You\'ve Really Got a Hold on Me&@*==

This marked the fifth of a five-show series that chronicles The Beatles’ entire proper discography, in addition to songs from The Beatles Anthology and other select material, played in alphabetical order.

The primary lineup featured Tim Palmieri on Ibanez Artcore electric guitar, Ron Spears on Fender bass, Sean Miller on Taylor acoustic guitar, and Adrian Tramontano on drums

+ first time played

Lead Vocals

& Tim
@ Sean
$ Ron
< Adrian

&& Caitlin and Carly Kalafus

* Fred DiLeone on Wurlitzer electric piano
^ Tim on Taylor acoustic guitar
# Tim on recorder solo
% Sean on egg shaker
- Adrian on hi-hat only
= Bob Nunno on flute
~ Fred DiLeone on Hammond organ
^^ Fred DiLeone on Yamaha Motiff
** Tim on Rogue STR-1 Pro Electric Sitar Guitar
## Adrian on synthesizer and cymbals only
%% Bob Nunno on soprano saxophone
-- No Sean on guitar
== Sean Miller on Hofner Club CT electric guitar
~~ Peter Lachmann on harmonica
<< Adrian on snare drum only
@@ Tim on Fender Stratocaster
$$ Caitlin Kalafus on drums with Adrian
*** Sean on tambourine
^^^ no Ron on bass
### Carly Kalafus on bass
%%% Adrian on synthesizer
--- Adrian on bells in addition to drums
=== Bob Nunno on clarinet
~~~ Caitlin and Carly Kalafus on backing vocals
<<< Ron on acoustic guitar
$$$ No Tim on guitar
@@@ Adrian on tambourine

Song Notes

The Sheik of Araby was written by Harry B. Smith, Francis Wheeler, and Ted Snyder and is from Anthology 1

Three Cool Cats was written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller, originally recorded by The Coasters, and is from Anthology 1

Till There Was You was written by Meredith Willson, originally recorded by the Nelson Riddle Orchestra with Sue Rane, and is from With the Beatles

Twist and Shout was written by Phil Medley and Bert Russell and originally recorded by the Top Notes

What’s the New Mary Jane was written by John Lennon and is from Anthology 3

Words of Love was written and originally recorded by Buddy Holly and is from Beatles for Sale

World Without Love was written by Paul McCartney under that title and then originally recorded by Peter and Gordon as ‘A World Without Love’; from an unreleased McCartney demo

You Know What to Do was written by George Harrison and is from Anthology 1

You’ve Really Got a Hold on Me was written by Smokey Robinson, originally recorded by The Miracle, and is from With the Beatles
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:49:54 pm by ChrisPitch »

inthewhitelodge

I cannot wait to see some footage of this...Within You Without You!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
night 5 is always the best.  glad they added whats the new mary jane.

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
We Got Videos!!!
Five Of Them!!!
All came out Good!!!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Week 5 is the best, hands down.  If you watch any of the songs listed below (my personal highlights) you will understand why this Beatles a2z project works and should be allowed to continue as an annual end of summer tradition.  Congrats to all the parties involved for really making Sundays in August a very special time 2 years running......Thank you A 2 Z!

The Fool on the Hill
The Night Before
The Word
Things We Said Today
Till There Was You
Tomorrow Never Knows
What Goes On
When I Get Home
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Why Don\'t We Do It in the Road?
Within You Without You
Yer Blues
Yesterday
You Can\'t Do That
You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)
You Never Give Me Your Money
You Won\'t See Me
You\'ve Really Got a Hold on Me
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
they\'re all up on youtube already...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Wish I could have seen one of these shows, but glad they added some new new tunes to mix things up...

Show 1 - Added Songs
Ain\'t She Sweet, All Things Must Pass, Be-Bop-A-Lula, Christmas Time (Is Here Again), Cold Turkey

Show 2 - Added Songs
Give Peace A Chance, Hello Little Girl, I Got A Woman

Show 3 - Added Songs
I\'ll Be On My Way, Instant Karma, Lend Me Your Comb, Like Dreamers Do, Mailman Bring Me No More Blues

Show 4 - Added Songs
Step Inside, Los Paranoias, Teddy Boy

Show 5 - Added Songs
The Sheik Of Araby, Three Cool Cats, World Without Love, You Know What To Do

The only song that was dropped was Good Night from show 2...

I hope the audio of these shows surface...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
No songs were dropped. Good Night was definitely played in the second show and is in the setlist.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Quote from: ChrisPitch;239598
No songs were dropped. Good Night was definitely played in the second show and is in the setlist.

Definitely. Marc Sincavage on vocals.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
My bad, I missed that one...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

heynow592

• Breathe In Breathe Out
Incredibly special as I was able to enjoy these shows with my 14 year old son, my brother and my Mom and Dad.  I won\'t know what to do with myself this Sunday evening

Good night was played NO DOUBT.  I sang this song to my kids every night as they went to bed until they begged me to stop

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
chris, kudos on making a setlist with the most show notes ever.

Looks killer

im sure i missed this somewhere, but Ill ask anyway...have these been recorded SBD?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:26:06 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
the only recordings are the ones Ken and I made. mine are on youtube, kens are avaiable from him depending on however many he feels like making.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke