Author Topic: Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 3931 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2009, 05:29:57 pm »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;241680
We have video!
Found a way to do handheld camera with a mic extension cord.
Did it second set. Looks cool!

Support your local McLovins!

Well, at least part of this monster show got taped! Thanks Ken!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2009, 06:28:13 pm »
It was actually Gravity > Sound, Gravity unfinished. Seeing them at Sully\'s is always such a mindfuck. Man what a show. First Reel Time since Burlington 08 was ser as was the opening Jam > Gravity (which I called, yay) > Sound was about 50 minutes straight. MFD and Rush were completely out of control. Man a what a great day of BreakfastAGE. Shit was bananas, bonkers, all that stuff. My mind is still blown.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 06:46:04 pm »
damn, wish I made it.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 07:02:40 pm »
frolfer,the whole show got video taped.
I did a hand held camera on the second set.
First set was a tripod.
Sat on the floor in front of the band.
Got a lot of up the nose shots!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 07:15:30 pm »
thanks for all of your efforts Ken!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2009, 10:07:42 pm »
Fuck this show looks bomb. I was supposed to head over with my Zoom H4N but we were so beat and braindead after Let It Roll (if any of you saw me towards the end of the Breakfast show you might understand :P) I didn\'t make it to Branstock or Sully\'s. Pizzaburrito was straight passed out and I wasn\'t in the greatest condition to drive...

So, uh... is audio of the whole show going to be available? Or just video first set and both second set?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Ren

• what?
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 01:38:28 am »
Who knows. I remember seeing this guy I\'ve never seen before frantically hanging mics from the ceiling at the beginging of the second set, weather or not any of us will get to hear it, I guess we\'ll just have to see. Don\'t remember seeing Fitzy checking on his equipment though.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

inthewhitelodge

Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 07:33:24 am »
Wow, what a great set! Gravity, Sound, Reel Time- you\'re lucky if you caught this show! Let-it-Roll was so much fun I could\'ve never managed to pull myself away from it.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 08:40:05 am »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33523591@N07/3940341221/" title="Tim P at Sully\'s 2 by chagnob, on Flickr">http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2429/3940341221_5c14aff6cf.jpg" width="375" height="500" alt="Tim P at Sully\'s 2" />

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 10:12:16 am »
Yeah Fitzy asked me Friday night if I could tape Sullys... which seemed highly probable at the time and I said I most likely could.

But not long after that all the herbal green tea and trail mix I\'d been eating pretty much non stop since arrival at Let It Roll (besides the hour and a half I pulled it together for the ride home) kicked me in the brain pretty hard.

Felt kinda bad sittin at home with the rig knowing I was missing a most likely ass kicking show but I\'m like a 28 year old whos very rarely drinks much green tea anymore, yet for some reason Let It Roll seemed like a great place to overindulge. Too much L-Theanine and antioxidants!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

galenas

• Global Moderator
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2009, 10:18:57 am »
Quote from: zuke583;241681
i: jam>gravity, drunk monk, the sound, reel time

ii: jam>mayfly, rush, spunk

sleeping beauty was in there somewhere, right?

i: jam>gravity, drunk monk, the sound, sleeping beauty, reel time

----> so is this right?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2009, 11:44:58 am »
Quote from: galenas;241713
Quote from: zuke583;241681
i: jam>gravity, drunk monk, the sound, reel time

sleeping beauty was in there somewhere, right?

i: jam>gravity, drunk monk, the sound, sleeping beauty, reel time

----> so is this right?

Set I: jam*> Gravity, The Sound, Drunk Monk Bar, Sleeping Beauty, Reel Time
Set II: jam > Mayfly Disarray, Rush, Spunk
*w/ Whipping Post teases

I think this is more accurate, drunk monk was definitely after the sound.  the only thing i might have missed was the sound going back into gravity? i didnt catch that but the rest of the first set is correct. Anyone know when the last Sleeping Beauty was... if my mind serves me correct it was a Sullys show on 1/31/09?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:49:49 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 12:13:21 pm »
Totally sold on Reel Time.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 12:30:59 pm »
Quote from: Ren;241703
Who knows. I remember seeing this guy I\'ve never seen before frantically hanging mics from the ceiling at the beginging of the second set, weather or not any of us will get to hear it, I guess we\'ll just have to see. Don\'t remember seeing Fitzy checking on his equipment though.

That dudes .info name is skiprince. ive seen him at a few gtb, beatles a-z and a few bfast shows. always got his gear with him, but ive never seen him post any of his recordings. hopefully he caught the whole show and this one will make it up on the board.
Where to next?

ulee

• Psygned in
Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2009, 01:10:34 pm »
how was rush?