Author Topic: Elemental Energy Clean Energy Expo; Monroe, CT  (Read 6871 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Elemental Energy Clean Energy Expo; Monroe, CT
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 08:29:52 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;240018
You gotta cut the local fanbase some slack...there are way too many awesome things to do in CT on a long weekend.  Why go to a free show outdoors on one of the few days it didn\'t rain all summer when there\'s more important priorities including back to school shopping, putting gas in the leaf blower, Spiced Pumpkin lattes back in Starbucks stores........ On top of it all, I\'m sure there\'s a lot of traffic to battle and scarce parking options in the backwoods of Monroe, CT.

Don\'t forget about Yale volleyball... the pride of the Nutmeg State.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2009, 08:54:03 am »
Umm. I didn\'t go and I didn\'t really have any serious plans either. Seemed a bit of a drive for a 1 hour time slot.

However I think within the next two months or so there\'s probably something like half a dozen shows I\'m going to be at. Let It Roll > Branstock > Sullys is the intent, for one..

As annoying as Skye is and as little as anybody cares about her Hawaiian escapades, I sorta gotta take her side on this one.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2009, 09:07:09 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;240016
Quote from: leith;240012

Awesome showing for a free festival in CONNECTICUT!!

Really. Great fucking job people.

its a holiday weekend.  and don\'t give me labor day isn\'t a holiday crap.  i had two parties today.  i am sure others had the same.  plus its listed on the top of this in monroe, i hate monroe...

um...it was in Wolcott.

but I didn\'t go either.  New Hampshire with my family sounded like more fun.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 09:34:45 am »
Drove around Wolcott for 2 hours, couldn\'t find it. I didn\'t have the street # on me and there was no sign of anything going on.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2009, 10:51:26 am »
Mark,all you had to do was take a left, straight down a bit,
up the hill and then a right,quick left. Over on the right was a
little curve and bingo you\'re there!
I got a GPS! Punched in my destination and bingo I was there!
Nice little fest! Good people ,music,weather.
Brought a 12 pack of sierra nevada.
The Breakfast did a set of Weird Beard tunes!
Tim on ukelele!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 03:24:24 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2009, 12:55:31 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;240022

As annoying as Skye is and as little as anybody cares about her Hawaiian escapades, I sorta gotta take her side on this one.

I knew that took a lot for you, so thanks.  ;)

ChrisF

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2009, 01:03:14 pm »
Quote from: Mark;240024
Drove around Wolcott for 2 hours, couldn\'t find it. I didn\'t have the street # on me and there was no sign of anything going on.

there was no sign of anything going on from the street because they did it right and kept it hidden and had no tresspassing signs at the beginning of the driveway. would have been impossible for anyone without the address # to know where to go. you should have had your cell phone on because i called you at 6:30 just before pulling in.

it was a bigger fest than i expected, but i couldnt believe this was a CT show and no breakfast fans came.

mayfly jam was the highlight and stl jam was ser. everyone who missed it blew it. they had a pretty nice setup there. if they ever do this again and invite the breakfast back no one should miss it.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 01:30:38 pm »
hmmm leith, let\'s see most of us, who still see the band despite, work, growing up, having kids, getting married or whatever, have been seeing the band with all their ups and downs, tough times, equipment theft, lineup changes, future uncertainties, debt, and giving up on recording/writing new songs so they basically play the same 20 songs over and over with the occasional, "ser bustouts," here and there, but still manage to play it so hard and heavy that you don\'t get bored, anywhere from 5-9+ years.  with many of us seeing them well over a hundred, or in some cases 200 times.  we have sacrificed as much as our lives allow, told as many people as we could about them, spent small fortunes when a lot of us couldn\'t afford it, and driven countless hours all for them.  even if it meant being in the middle of nowhere with half the bar leaving at set break and only having the dedicated who drove to see them left.  

for me this band is what a good times is supposed to be.  it is music how it\'s supposed to be played.  we can all bitch about the band\'s shoulda, coulda, wouldas, but what the fuck is that gonna do?

so all i can say in defense of the "weaksauce," or whatever b\'fam showing for an over priced middle of the nowhere show that features talent that i can only assume can\'t hold a candle to the b\'fast\'s, only for them to play like an hour on a weekend where some people may have plans with friend\'s and family they haven\'t seen in a while, is quite simply but i\'m sure by your truly unreachable standards, uninspired or intelligent, is fuck off.  you don\'t know us.

now please, please, blow us all away with your what i can assume will be obviously my well deserved, complete and total "pwnage," or "ownage," or whatever, i for one can NOT wait.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Clifton Hanger

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2009, 01:37:13 pm »
the Breakfast was off the HOOK........I tried telling people last week to try and not miss out on any gig done at SpinRay and Dawns, there can really not be a more ideal, totally chill scene. And yes, if you dont have the street address it can be a Bitch to find, (I think they had a solitary balloon out on the driveway entrance but that was it.) but that is also what keeps things cool and running there. At the beginning of June at Spinstock there was close to 1000 people there on Saturday and things got a little crazy.

Highlight for me was standing right behind Jordan and Adrian during Mayfly and the awesome cover of Question.  Gotta tell you that Adrian can thump those skins, but you all know that.

Would like to have some more Breakfast fans there as they would have had a blast in that scene, but the Breakfast definitely made the the people already there lifetime fans, and that is what it is about, right?

Thanks Jordan for sitting in with us, you sounded great as usual. You and Geoff tear it up together.

Peace, Jeff

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2009, 01:51:50 pm »
Quote from: Ren;240030
hmmm leith, let\'s see most of us, who still see the band despite, work, growing up, having kids, getting married or whatever, have been seeing the band with all their ups and downs, tough times, equipment theft, lineup changes, future uncertainties, debt, and giving up on recording/writing new songs so they basically play the same 20 songs over and over with the occasional, "ser bustouts," here and there, but still manage to play it so hard and heavy that you don\'t get bored, anywhere from 5-9+ years.  with many of us seeing them well over a hundred, or in some cases 200 times.  we have sacrificed as much as our lives allow, told as many people as we could about them, spent small fortunes when a lot of us couldn\'t afford it, and driven countless hours all for them.  even if it meant being in the middle of nowhere with half the bar leaving at set break and only having the dedicated who drove to see them left.

Blah blah ya so what? I have spent thousands of dollars and traveled cross country more than once for these guys.
Try again.
for me this band is what a good times is supposed to be.  it is music how it\'s supposed to be played.  we can all bitch about the band\'s shoulda, coulda, wouldas, but what the fuck is that gonna do?

If this band is what good times are supposed to be than where the fuck were you?
This has nothing to do with the band they DID what they were supposed to do. You guys failed not them.
so all i can say in defense of the "weaksauce," or whatever b\'fam showing for an over priced middle of the nowhere show that features talent that i can only assume can\'t hold a candle to the b\'fast\'s, only for them to play like an hour on a weekend where some people may have plans with friend\'s and family they haven\'t seen in a while, is quite simply but i\'m sure by your truly unreachable standards, uninspired or intelligent, is fuck off.  you don\'t know us.

Yeah OK fucktard. That has to be your only defense because you don\'t have one unless you live outside of CT.

now please, please, blow us all away with your what i can assume will be obviously my well deserved, complete and total "pwnage," or "ownage," or whatever, i for one can NOT wait.

Hope I didn\'t take too long.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2009, 02:04:31 pm »
Oooooooh that was the best pwnage I ever had. What the he\'ll is wrong with you? Way to break me down and shit on me. Any little cyber bitch out there would push snicker and the push his glasses up when they slipped. Excellent use of quotes to show exactly what parts of MY excuse bothered you. Also not my family I was refering to you fuckin\' lame ass. Guess I should try again.  No wonder I don\'t come on here anymore. No wonder why Dave doesn\'t come on here anymore. There\'s a feeling and a vibe on here at times that I can\'t describe, but I\'m not an educated wook so u guess I\'m a fucktard or something. Bravo.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2009, 02:19:46 pm »
Dude, it\'s not mandatory to go to every show. And especially lame to bitch at Ren cuz I see the guy at the majority of the shows I go to.

It\'s probably easy to criticize considering you\'re in California, so you almost always have a great excuse not to go.

Fact is an hour long time slot from 5:00-6:00pm for $40 or whatever it was isn\'t exactly all that compelling to most of us. I\'m sure they impressed the crowd that was there anyway.

Besides that there are a bunch of full length normal price & time shows coming up in the area... most of which I\'m going to attend and I bet you I\'ll see Ren at least at a few of these.

So ahh, maybe pick your battles with the real slackers?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Ren

• what?
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2009, 02:39:38 pm »
I guess I stuck my nose where it dint belong, that\'s all. And for that I paid dearly.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2009, 02:45:37 pm »
Quote from: Ren;240034
Oooooooh that was the best pwnage I ever had. What the he\'ll is wrong with you? Way to break me down and shit on me. Any little cyber bitch out there would push snicker and the push his glasses up when they slipped. Excellent use of quotes to show exactly what parts of MY excuse bothered you. Also not my family I was refering to you fuckin\' lame ass. Guess I should try again.  No wonder I don\'t come on here anymore. No wonder why Dave doesn\'t come on here anymore. There\'s a feeling and a vibe on here at times that I can\'t describe, but I\'m not an educated wook so u guess I\'m a fucktard or something. Bravo.

Sweet melt.

Quote from: bdfreetuna;240035
Dude, it\'s not mandatory to go to every show. And especially lame to bitch at Ren cuz I see the guy at the majority of the shows I go to.

It\'s probably easy to criticize considering you\'re in California, so you almost always have a great excuse not to go.

Fact is an hour long time slot from 5:00-6:00pm for $40 or whatever it was isn\'t exactly all that compelling to most of us. I\'m sure they impressed the crowd that was there anyway.

Besides that there are a bunch of full length normal price & time shows coming up in the area... most of which I\'m going to attend and I bet you I\'ll see Ren at least at a few of these.

So ahh, maybe pick your battles with the real slackers?

It was a free show unless you wanted to donate $40 I guess.

Anyway this is not really a battle.
It\'s funny anyone responded in the first place to my rant.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2009, 03:03:54 pm »
Quote from: Ren;240034
There\'s a feeling and a vibe on here at times that I can\'t describe, but I\'m not an educated wook so u guess I\'m a fucktard or something. Bravo.

I agree.  For people who claim, peace love and happiness, there is a lot of disgruntled, sarcastic cruel comments thrown about.  Sometimes I think this site would scare away more new fans than keep them.  

Maybe I am still all in the no worries, calm attitude of the hawaiian people no one wants to hear about....but i feel like some of you need to jump on a plane and soak in their vibes.

life is too short to get your panties in a bind over such simple things.