Author Topic: Camp Barefoot Music Festival; Gore, VA  (Read 6233 times)

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
Camp Barefoot Music Festival; Gore, VA
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 11:28:40 am »
how late did they end up playing? i decided that i had used up all of my karma/luck by the time we got home from merriweatehr and simply did not think it would be safe for me to get back on the road for another 1.5+ hours...

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 12:01:13 pm »
All the heavy hitters were played to their potential. The segues in the Tunage > Echidna\'s  > Tunage sequence were flawless. Metropolis owned the first night though. The set was about 93 minutes long and played to a good sized crowd.

Night two they played from 12:40 to 3:28. All the heavy hitters were over 20 minutes long. Queeb just topped 30 minutes but Gladys was probably the longest song of the night. The jam prior to Gladys seemed constructed but if it was I couldn\'t figure out what they were teasing. The bass solo prior to the build up at the end of Scheme was on point. After playing for over 2 1/2 hours straight I was not expecting an encore but the crowd kept going and the band came back out for 2 more songs. A perfect finish to a great weekend.

Everyone else should have listened to Robyn and made it to this festival. The setting is amazing and it\'s so laid back. No hassles, bad vibes or any sort of bullshit that you get from bigger festivals. I\'m pretty sure they only had 2,300 people there (counting all the 2 day passes) so it was never crowded. There is a nice sized lake that we spent most of Saturday at too.

Looks like the breakfast is going to be booked there for at least 2 nights next year so I recommend everyone make the trip to Camp Barefoot 4.
Smell my mule.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 12:45:11 pm »
and the slow-build into STL was awesome!! it was as if they began cmopletely deconstructed and slowly pulled the song back together before finally hitting it right in stride!! the Tunage>Echindas>Tuneage was scorching!! it seemed like they were playing with an edge, due to having the choppy beginning. wish i could have made it back out. wouldn\'t have caught much, still, sounds like a phenomenal time was had by all!!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 12:53:56 pm »
sounds amazing, just as i expected it would be. wish i could have made it. so.. um... recorded?

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 01:20:10 pm »
not unless they recorded from the soundboard.... unfortunately.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 01:47:19 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;238528

Everyone else should have listened to Robyn and made it to this festival. The setting is amazing and it\'s so laid back. No hassles, bad vibes or any sort of bullshit that you get from bigger festivals. I\'m pretty sure they only had 2,300 people there (counting all the 2 day passes) so it was never crowded. There is a nice sized lake that we spent most of Saturday at too.

Looks like the breakfast is going to be booked there for at least 2 nights next year so I recommend everyone make the trip to Camp Barefoot 4.

CB4 will be insane, and I hope to see more BFam in attendance next year.  Two nights of the Breakfast is not to be missed, and I heard rumors of a possible THREE night run next year!  The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the people are so friendly, and the music is definitely incredible.  Last night\'s late night set was insane - the Chase, Queeb, and Gladys were genius.  It was great seeing everyone who made it down there- booze, frolfer, teddyt, jking... I\'m already looking forward to next year! :biggrin:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 03:08:08 pm »
Quote from: frolfer;238514
Night 1:

Jam > WUIAC > Synergy > See the Light(inverted and unfinished) > Synergy, Tunage > Echidna\'s Arf > Tunage, Metropolis > Wild Pack of Asscracks.

Night 2:

Jam > May Fly > The Chase > Buquebus > Overexposure > Vermont Song, Gladys Pimp > Grand Scheme.

~Encores~

Taboo > Cult of Personality

The first night was great, they set down just the right vibe the crowd was looking for.  Great slow ambiant jam into the begining of Metropolis, then just blew \'em up with Wild Pack.

The second night was fuckin unreal.  Buquebus was ser like always, Vermont Song started like always and then went into something very unlike VT Song.  Far and away though Gladys Pimp was the trophy winner of the evening.  I couldn\'t tell you how long it was, but it seemed as though there were 8 different "songs" in the one song.  Love when Adrian uses his enviroment to drum on, the scafolding gave off a very cool sound.  Didn\'t think there\'d be an encore, but the crowd got them back out.  The crowd was def getting down for the encore.

Great festival as it was the first two years.  Just can\'t describe it, to me,this is the perfect festival.  Beautiful surroundings, not too big (I think it was about 1200 this year), great people (fans and employees), and some great fuckin music.  It\'s great as a north easterner  to go down there and see all these bands that we don\'t get to see up here.  As long as this festival is going on I\'m gonna be there.  Can\'t wait for Camp Barefoot 4.

A sidenote to barefootin: bring back DJ Williams Projekt next year, those guys are great.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:11:44 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 03:21:51 pm »
the reviews of the place really make me want to go next year.....

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 04:54:00 pm »
I\'m still waiting for the end of See the Light:)

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 05:14:41 pm »
hey frolfer, any chance you\'re blondish and was walking around asking people \'do you play disc golf? like, well enough to say you\'re a frolfer?\' with a bunch of discs in your hand? if so, i blew you off like that... :lol:

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 05:40:57 pm »
Quote from: wiredchicken;238545
the reviews of the place really make me want to go next year.....

same here - the mega fests do not appeal to my interests.  

Maybe next year I will plan for this.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 05:46:41 pm »
Quote from: jking;238554
hey frolfer, any chance you\'re blondish and was walking around asking people \'do you play disc golf? like, well enough to say you\'re a frolfer?\' with a bunch of discs in your hand? if so, i blew you off like that... :lol:

Nope , that wasn\'t me. I\'m not a pusher, man. Well, I kept trying to get booz to play but it was to hot to move around that much.

I\'m tall, dark hair thats mostly there:wink:, glasses, I think I was wearing my hawaiian cabana shirt and I was near the stage on friday. Were you up there?

robforprez2004

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 06:25:44 pm »
OK, I just had to pop in.  It\'s been awhile since I\'ve been able to see the band since I moved down here to VA Beach area, so this past weekend just re-ignited things for me...

Wow!  What an amazing time.  I was up in front wearing the red headlight if anyone I talked to happens to be on this board.

Although I\'m consistently amazed at how few people turn out for these sets.  And mostly dudes.  What is up with the females and their lack of appreciation for face melters like this?

TeddyT

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 07:41:25 pm »
Quote from: Me!;238544
Far and away though Gladys Pimp was the trophy winner of the evening.

yay that :beer:

Dangleduece played a mean bass solo during Grand Scheme(???) I want to say.

Also great to see Tim sit in with several bands throughout the weekend.

Quote from: alexanderzurflu;238557

Maybe next year I will plan for this.
Do it! Harley and I will definitely be barefooting it again next year (assuming its multiple nights with The Breakfast).

Nice meeting some .infoers and seeing familiar faces. Gretchen and company, if you read this it was a pleasure hanging with you guys and hope to see you again next year.

On a last note: Virginia girls are F.I.N.E.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 08:05:28 pm »
Quote from: TeddyT;238562

On a last note: Virginia girls are F.I.N.E.

Amen brother!