Author Topic: Setlist: [The Beatles A-Z, Electric; Part 1] 2009-08-02 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 3644 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
I: A Day in the Life&&*^, A Hard Day\'s Night&@, A Taste of Honey$, Across the Universe&#^%-, Act Naturally@=, Ain\'t She Sweet+@, All I\'ve Got to Do&, All My Loving@, All Things Must Pass+$^**^^, All Together Now@**^^##, All You Need Is Love&^%%, And I Love Her$, And Your Bird Can Sing&^^, Anna (Go to Him)&, Another Girl@, Any Time at All&, Ask Me Why&, Baby It\'s You&, Baby You\'re a Rich Man$*^, Baby\'s In Black&@, Back in the U.S.S.R.@^=--, Bad Boy$=--<, Be-Bop-A-Lula+&*--, Because&@$*^%-

II: Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!&**<<%=##, Bésame Mucho@%, Birthday@$*--, Blackbird@@, Blue Jay Way&**--, Boys@--, Can\'t Buy Me Love$, Carry That Weight&@$*^, Chains&@$##, Christmas Time (Is Here Again)+&@$*, Cold Turkey+&%, Come and Get It&*, Come Together$=<, Cry Baby Cry&=^$$, Cry For a Shadow^^, Crying, Waiting, Hoping+@; Day Tripper$%, Dear Prudence@**^^, Devil In Her Heart@, Dig a Pony&, Dig It@ > Dizzy Miss Lizzie&, Do You Want to Know a Secret&%, Doctor Robert@*--**

E: Don\'t Bother Me@, Don\'t Le Me Down&**^^<, Don\'t Pass Me By@^##^^<   

This marked the first of a five-show series that chronicles The Beatles’ entire proper discography, in addition to songs from The Beatles Anthology and other select material, played in alphabetical order.

The primary lineup featured Tim Palmieri on Ibanez Artcore electric guitar (which made its debut), Ron Spears on Fender bass, Sean Miller on acoustic guitar, and Adrian Tramontano on drums

+ first time played

Lead vocals

& Tim
@ Sean
$ Ron

&& Tim on John Lennon’s vocals and Sean on Paul McCartney’s
@@ played on acoustic guitar and sung solo by Tim
$$ Sean on vocals for “Can You Take Me Back” ending

* Fred DiLeone on Wurlitzer electric piano
^ Fred DiLeone on Yamaha Motiff
# Tim on acoustic guitar
% no Sean on guitar
- Adrian on synthesizer
= Tim on Fender Stratocaster
** Fred DiLeone on Hammond organ
^^ Rick Landino on Rickenbacker electric guitar
## Peter Lachmann on harmonica
%% Jay Rowe on Hammond organ
-- Sean on Epiphone Sheraton electric guitar
< Jay Rowe on Wurlizter electric piano
<< Fred DiLeone on harmonium

First set: 78 minutes
Second set: 75 minutes
Encore: 12 minutes
Time of show: 2 hours and 45 minutes

Notes for cover songs and songs not part of The Beatles’ proper discography

A Taste of Honey was written by Bobby Scott and Ric Marlow, originally performed by Scott, and is from Please Please Me

Act Naturally was written by Johnny Russell and Voni Morrison, originally recorded by Buck Owens, and is from Help!

Ain’t She Sweet was written by Milton Ager and Jack Yellen, originally recorded by Ben Bernie and his Orchestra, and is from Anthology 1

All Things Must Pass was written and originally recorded by George Harrison and is from Anthology 3

Anna (Go to Him) was written and originally recorded by Arthur Alexander and is from Please Please Me

Baby It’s You was written by Burt Bacharach, Luther Dixon, and Mack David,  originally recorded by The Shirelles, and is from Please Please Me

Bad Boy was written and originally recorded by Larry Williams and is from Past Masters, Volume One

Be-Bop-A-Lula was written by Gene Vincent, Donald Graves, and Bill “Sheriff Tex” Davis, originally recorded by Gene Vincent and His Blue Caps, and is from the ‘Get Back Sessions’

Bésame Mucho was written by Consuelo Velázquez, originally recorded by Emilio Tuero, and is from Anthology 1

Boys was written by Luther Dixon and Wes Farrell, originally recorded by The Shirelles, and is from Please Please Me

Chains was written by Gerry Goffin and Carole King, originally recorded by The Cookies, and is from Please Please Me

Christmas Time (Is Here Again) was written by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Richard Starkey, was a fan club release, and was later included on the ‘Free as a Bird’ single

Cold Turkey was written by John Lennon, originally recorded by the Plastic Ono Band, and is from the ‘Abbey Road Sessions’

Come and Get It was written by Paul McCartney, recorded by Badfinger, and is from Anthology 3

Cry for a Shadow was written by George Harrison and John Lennon and is from Anthology 1

Crying, Waiting, Hoping was written and originally recorded by Buddy Holly and is from Live at the BBC

Devil in Her Heart was written by Richard P. Drapkin, originally recorded by The Donays, and is from With the Beatles

Dizzy Miss Lizzie was written and originally recorded by Larry Williams and is from Help!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:17:00 am by ChrisPitch »

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
this setlist is completely inaccurate
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
I: Let\'s Go Mets!

II: Go Fuck Yourself

E: Just Kidding

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
I would edit chris\' email, but the george harrison song all things must pass has an auto link to amazon and setting 2 links on the same word really freaks out the board so I\'ll just put these here.

Set 1 video:
A Day in the Life, A Hard Day’s Night, A Taste of Honey, Across the Universe, Act Naturally, Ain\'t she sweet,
All I\'ve got to do, All my loving, All things must pass, All together now, All You Need Is Love, And I love her, And your bird can sing, Anna (go to him), Another Girl, Any Time at All, Ask Me Why, Baby It’s You, Baby You’re a Rich Man, Baby’s in Black, Back in the U.S.S.R., Bad Boy, Be Bop A Lu La, Because

enjoy
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• Administrator
hey save, where\'s the hofner?!!!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Quote from: FrankZappa;237426
hey save, where\'s the hofner?!!!

Heard that Save didn\'t like the Hofner so he returned it Sean, who is the owner.

Also, whats up with the excessive amount of sit-ins?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

jking

• thanks!!
easily the most fastidious setlist notationer of ALL time!!! :lol:

galenas

• Global Moderator
Quote from: FrankZappa;237424
I would edit chris\' email, but the george harrison song all things must pass has an auto link to amazon and setting 2 links on the same word really freaks out the board so I\'ll just put these here.

Set 1 video:
A Day in the Life, A Hard Day’s Night, A Taste of Honey, Across the Universe, Act Naturally, Ain\'t she sweet,
All I\'ve got to do, All my loving, All things must pass, All together now, All You Need Is Love, And I love her, And your bird can sing, Anna (go to him), Another Girl, Any Time at All, Ask Me Why, Baby It’s You, Baby You’re a Rich Man, Baby’s in Black, Back in the U.S.S.R., Bad Boy, Be Bop A Lu La, Because

enjoy

vids are AWESOME. thank you. is there any way, tho, to make them so they are presented like this.

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
Vids are great - any chance of it all coming out as a DVD, or at least an audio recording?
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

FrankZappa

• Administrator
ken has a much better recording of the whole night. Diana, I don\'t know how to make that playlist thing, so I would say contact the person who made it and ask them how they set it up.

someone named mkdevo. ;)

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
Quote from: boombox;237779
Vids are great - any chance of it all coming out as a DVD, or at least an audio recording?

I\'d pay for A-Z Part I-IV on dvd.  audio would be awesome too!
♥♫∞

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Quote from: Spacey;237427
Also, whats up with the excessive amount of sit-ins?

It looks excessive on paper, but it\'s really just the rotation of keyboard players.  Freddie "Fingers" "Don\'t Call Me Derf" is primary on key\'s, but Jay Rowe was a surprise sit in, and he\'s an absolute monster on keys.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
Quote from: cannontrip;237972

i suppose there could be some legal ramifications to this....somebody owns the songs.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Quote from: oldnewbie;237994

i suppose there could be some legal ramifications to this....somebody owns the songs.

Micheal Jackson, but he\'s tits up.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Quote from: SlimPickens;238012
Quote from: oldnewbie;237994

Micheal Jackson, but he\'s tits up.

So now it must be the Jackson kids or is the estate going to need to sell the rights so he can pay his debtors.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.