Author Topic: Cabinfest; Andes, NY (IMPORTANT UPDATE RE: DIRECTIONS)  (Read 9417 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
Cabinfest; Andes, NY (IMPORTANT UPDATE RE: DIRECTIONS)
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2009, 03:17:09 pm »
Rujah, your frustration is understood and I will talk to the organizers about what can be done. I can\'t promise anything, but I will pass along the sentiment and see what comes of it.

Klout, your response is laughable. I\'m not even going to waste my time writing a logical response. (Sorry, dude.)

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2009, 04:19:53 pm »
Quote from: Klout;236858
Wait they pulled the plug at 10 pm???

On the breakfast???

Because ONE guy was THREATENING to call the police???

That does seem like a pretty fucked up and extreme course of action.

Call the guys bluff!

Worst case scenario the guy calls the cops a half an hour later and the cops show up in another half hour and fart around for a bit and the breakfast get another set in.  Not like they would have arrested anyone, just shut it down.  Furthermore, if it was the last night of the last year anyway why would they care so much about one guy\'s threats at 10 pm over something they were not even doing in the first place (fireworks)?  

Gotta say sounds pretty clown shoes. No offense Diana.

i wasnt there, but i have to agree with klout.

for that to happen the way it did the promoters must have had tanks going and doing other illegal things so they didnt want the cops there at all to bust them for it. people like rujah who got there that night should have been issued refunds.

if the fireworks really were not set off by people at the festival then pulling the plug on the music would not have stopped them from setting off more.

if i went to the festival on saturday nite and paid $35 and was then told to go home id probably call the cops and narc on them if they refused to issue me a refund.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2009, 05:02:07 pm »
Textbook "You see what it is.........is..." situation.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2009, 07:44:48 pm »
i totally agree with rujah\'s frustration and i was not very happy either obviously but i was trying to make the best out of the situaition.  But i knew people like rujah and frolfer and my buddy cannontrip got there like right before breakfast and drove awhile too, so i knew that was completely shitty.  I drove 5 hours and paid 30 bucks to see the breakfast but luckily i got there late friday night and had time to rage meet a lot of good people drink a lot of beer and eat a lot of food.  Because if i hadn\'t i would have felt like Rujah does about paying 30 bucks for like not even a set, i thought about that instantly after it got cutoff.  Rujah did you stick around for the low key WBT set, wasn\'t that bad, too bad they couldn\'t go all out.

WellaShing

• My mind fails to be ...
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2009, 08:05:15 pm »
I agree with Klout based on the info provided here ... it seems shitty and disrespectful to The Breakfast to not let them keep playing to the last possible second ... use every strategy, every idea and angle to keep them playing !!!!  obviously whoever made that decision didn\'t know who they were turning off ... sacrilege...  all you have to do is LISTEN to the music.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2009, 08:16:25 pm »
Quote from: WellaShing;236908
it seems shitty and disrespectful to The Breakfast to not let them keep playing to the last possible second

especially when it was not even a noise complaint in the first place??? thats what I really don\'t get.

What was the thought process?

"Oh damn neighbor #1 is pissed because neighbor #2 is setting off fireworks....better cut the music!"

just does not make sense but maybe I am missing a piece of the story.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:22:54 pm by Klout »

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2009, 08:22:10 pm »
well the dude who made the decision, one of the guys in wounded buffalo theory, told me after cutting it off that he thought it better for the cops not to come to a place with a bunch of spunions and dunions and take that chance, and that it was the hardest thing to do because they were raging and he was loving it.  WBT opened for the breakfast last year i think and they all know how sick TB is.  they were all pissed about TB getting the boot.  I definitely thought the whole situation weird and impossible especially since the time but i felt helpless in trying to rectify the situation; it was out of my hands.  I just raged to mary jane for the rest of the night, bless her uber soul.

I def thought something else could have/should have been done but like i said it was pretty much out of my/a lot of our hands.  Makes me even more pumped for backwoods
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:22:10 pm by dredmonkey »

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2009, 08:38:48 pm »
I guess it was all about making the best of a chip of a situation....i heard the antics in the van were completely new level shennanigens on both the rides there and back.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2009, 10:06:21 pm »
listen, sometimes shit happens and you just gotta deal with it. in my personal and professional opinion, it\'s the people who overcome setbacks that succeed in the end. not the ones that bitch and moan that it didn\'t go their way. the guys in the breakfast handled this situation more than cordially, and yeah stevie, i heard the van antics were hilarious. i\'m ready to move on to the next thing and stop dwelling on that which we cannot change.

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2009, 10:19:14 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;236914
I guess it was all about making the best of a chip of a situation

The "promoters" were truly looking out for everyone\'s best interest.  Nobody wanted a police presence (especially me) and these guys were going above and beyond to make this a great time.  This was less festival in the traditional sense and more of a backyard gathering; similar to Family Jam, I\'d imagine: Great food, free beer, and awesome vibes.
The Breakfast drove a long way there (and back!); and rained fire from the very start of the set.  I\'m very grateful to have seen a delicious slice of music from the Cabinfest pie, with tPB as the headiest topping....

p.s. Thank you Diana (galenas)!  I would have missed this if it weren\'t for you :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:46:32 pm by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2009, 08:58:40 am »
who organizes a music festival, and doesn\'t clear the logistics with neighbors?  Rinky - freakin\' - dinky.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2009, 09:17:21 am »
why didn\'t someone just turn down the pa??

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2009, 10:29:59 am »
hey, i can see my tent in the picture!

i dont really think the cops would have arrested anyone at the event.  it was a very well behaved gathering of only about 100 people max.  Probably they would have just said to keep it down and no more music.  I was thinking at the time they could have just shut all the doors to try to minimize the noise leaking outside, but i wasnt about to call any shots.

The food was great.  IMO, 35 bucks for about 14 beers, 2 veggie burgers, a ton of homeade italian food and 3 servings of great homeade soup, not to mention a cool outside atmosphere and a decent amount of music is a good deal.
DS Newbers

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2009, 11:13:13 am »
From what I\'m reading more than likely these folks throwing this "party" probably did not have the correct permits to do so.

if you have a permit to have a music festival then the noise ordinances and etc are cleared with the town well in advance. Neighbors can go and voice the opinions and concerns and then time limits and db levels are set etc etc. This is how it is always done

if they couldn\'t tell a neighbor to go screw at 10PM they were basically having a big party that they chose to charge for.

Just like if I threw a Huge Party at my house. if the cops show up for a noise complaint then I have to shut it down or turn the music down as I have not clear the event with the town.

If the event has a permit the police get a noise complaint, they may check the noise levels and tell the staff to turn the volume down but the event goes on.

Also if these folks didn\'t have a liaison to deal with police and fire chief etc etc then again it was a huge illegal party basically.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2009, 04:04:29 pm »
well said cannontrip and i agree fully galenas, that\'s what it\'s all about.  man that was fun, i cant stop thinking about it.