Author Topic: Cabinfest; Andes, NY (IMPORTANT UPDATE RE: DIRECTIONS)  (Read 9434 times)

inthewhitelodge

Cabinfest; Andes, NY (IMPORTANT UPDATE RE: DIRECTIONS)
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2009, 04:29:58 am »
Quote from: cannontrip;236611
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;236605
...and I need to be there with him to give him what he needs to pass on through this realm.

100 mics *** IM; Aldous Huxley style?  That\'s how I wanna go.

I\'m sure, at this point, that would be way more appealing than dealing with the end stages of Alzheimer\'s disease. Btw- I am a fan of Aldous Huxley. ;o)
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 04:32:18 am »
Quote from: cannontrip;236611
...and I need to be there with him to give him what he needs to pass on through this realm.

100 mics *** IM; Aldous Huxley style?  That\'s how I wanna go.

That sounds much more appealing than the end stages of dementia/Alzheimer\'s. Strangely, there may be similarities, but the latter has way less CEV\'s...
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2009, 10:45:13 am »
and I need to be there with him to give him what he needs to pass on through this realm. It\'s a bit sad, but I\'ll be thinking of you all ragin\' it late night, and I\'ll get a great smile indeed.

wow, that\'s really heavy. takes a special kind of person to be able to do something like that. i\'ll be thinking of you and throwing out vibes of strength and compassion for you and your patient....

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2009, 02:20:52 pm »
i have a feeling this is going to be one of those shows where there are like 5 total .info people there and the show is insane.
DS Newbers

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2009, 02:32:42 pm »
upstate queeb? :D

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2009, 02:40:58 pm »
im getting excited now that im in the mindset that i am going

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2009, 11:06:45 am »
Quote from: ds673488;236647
i have a feeling this is going to be one of those shows where there are like 5 total .info people there and the show is insane.

TRUE! Have a sweet night. Let me know if you\'re in for Pondfest Sep. 11-12 in Peru. We have an extra for $40....

Quote from: galenas;236628
and I need to be there with him to give him what he needs to pass on through this realm. It\'s a bit sad, but I\'ll be thinking of you all ragin\' it late night, and I\'ll get a great smile indeed.

wow, that\'s really heavy. takes a special kind of person to be able to do something like that. i\'ll be thinking of you and throwing out vibes of strength and compassion for you and your patient....

Thanks for the love! It\'s been a slow, four year decline and he\'s at the end. I hope he doesn\'t suffer much longer, so I just sit with him and give him vibes of light as I hold his hand. I say my prayers and meditate, and ask the powers that BE to set his soul free.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 11:06:45 am by inthewhitelodge »

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 02:00:44 pm »
Backwoodspondfest will be sweeet.  I had so much fun last year, and i got my ticket this year for 40 bucks.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2009, 04:05:42 pm »
on the fence. Jeff you drivin?!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2009, 05:03:35 pm »
Pondfest has been killer for two years running now. Can\'t wait to go again this year.

I\'ve been slacking getting my tickets, are they still $40? If not, Lindsey can you see me that extra for $40? Let me know and how I can get a hold of it?
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2009, 08:38:11 pm »
Quote from: Rujah;236732
Pondfest has been killer for two years running now. Can\'t wait to go again this year.

I\'ve been slacking getting my tickets, are they still $40? If not, Lindsey can you see me that extra for $40? Let me know and how I can get a hold of it?

The tix are @ $50 as of now. Melyssa snatched \'em up early bird style. I\'ll ask her what the dealie is and let you know. Basically it had been offered to Dave already, but not sure what his status is yet.

Even if you downstaters/CT people met up with us on the way, we could do a sweet ride up in style. I\'m getting my Dad to go hopefully-- he loves the Breakfast.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:38:11 pm by inthewhitelodge »

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2009, 09:14:37 am »
I think I have to roll out for this one. The Chaffee trend will continue with a hot show tonight, guaranteed.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2009, 09:18:12 am »
Jam > Hard Luck Harry > Cut Me Some Slack, May Fly Disarray(am I missing anything folks? I don\'t think so but you never know) set time was about an hour(?)

Well now,

just got back home from cabinfest. When I woke up early this morning the bonfire crew was still rocking out, much respect.

from a fan\'s point of view, seeing the Breakfast in such an intimate venue was such a treat. The cabin was a big loft style room with sliding glass doors all around. The guys were practically on top of each other and the sound was loud. Out on the deck things sounds crystalline.

such a chill place. just a nice little ol\' pawty. This felt like such a free atmosphere and I think it was reflected in all of the little jams that the boys cooked up for us.

Unfortunately, the neighbors complained about the noise at this point and I think threatened to call the police. They had to cut the jam short and never got to Ahoy!

Such a bummer. We were all primed for two sets and then..:holyshit: :banghead:

What are you going to do? Just a bummer.

That being said I loved every second of what we got to hear.

Thank you guys for coming all that way and laying it out there. You guys are simply the best. Music of the gods.

Awesome to meet some dot info-ers, Rujah, dredmonkey, cannontrip and diana(I think you are one of us, right?) And always good to see dave. As soon as I got there yesterday I see dave with his Breakfast shirt on and I knew I was in the right place!

It is a shame that we couldn\'t of figured something out and we could\'ve still gotten that second set. They were just setting us up for the meltdown, I just know it. Maybe Jordan on that old piano that was in there and Adrian with some brushes or something. Ahh well, still a great time. Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:27:45 am by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2009, 10:04:30 am »
yeah it was a big bummer about the neighbors...they were just getting warmed up...the Mayfly jam was insane
DS Newbers

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2009, 01:33:06 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;236789
yeah it was a big bummer about the neighbors...they were just getting warmed up...the Mayfly jam was insane

You all were blessed with some great music. So happy you were able to experience SER-ness