Author Topic: The 2009-2010 NBA Thread  (Read 14914 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:27 am »
Quote from: leith;256412
Quote from: SkyePrizm;256409
leith, you are very quiet about the playoffs. could it be because the lakers are subpar??? ;)

with that said, hope the celts wrap things up with the heat tomorrow night.

Actually my lack of interest in posting here and in general on the net(except for facebook hahaha) has kept me quiet more than anything but The Lakers are going to go farther than the celts. Oklahoma got their attention in those ass whuppings and they will come to play tomorrow.

we shall see, leith.  we shall see.  i am going to make a lofty prediction.  i think the celts may actually get far this year.  i am not saying a miracle and they win it all. i just think they could get very close to the end. maybe even the eastern conf finals.   i have a gut feeling.  but a lot of times my guts are made of shit.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2010, 01:23:00 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;256418
leith, you are very quiet about the playoffs. could it be because the lakers are subpar??? ;)

Actually my lack of interest in posting here and in general on the net(except for facebook hahaha) has kept me quiet more than anything but The Lakers are going to go farther than the celts. Oklahoma got their attention in those ass whuppings and they will come to play tomorrow.

we shall see, leith.  we shall see.  i am going to make a lofty prediction.  i think the celts may actually get far this year.  i am not saying a miracle and they win it all. i just think they could get very close to the end. maybe even the eastern conf finals.   i have a gut feeling.  but a lot of times my guts are made of shit.

Your prediction is far from lofty and very unclear. They COULD get very CLOSE to the END? Not a miracle to win it all... MAYBE even the EASTERN CONF FINALS?

Soooo are they winning next round or not? Clearly you don\'t think they will win the Eastern Conference Finals, and you seem doubtful (or a coin-flip at best) about their advancement to them. My point is that you don\'t have a gut feeling, or you need tums to clarify what it is exactly.

On a sidenote, Bulls relationship with Vinny Del Negro ends tonight. And jesus how about Milwaukee. They have turned it on late. At this point I\'m rooting for Phoenix, Ok City, and Utah (Denver was my top pick going in, buut..) in the West, and want to see Lebron come out of the East. I\'m sooo fucking tired of the Spurs, can\'t stand the Mavs, and the Lakers officially bore me.

All in all, hockey/bball playoff season has been great so far.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2010, 03:48:30 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;256427
Quote from: SkyePrizm;256418

Your prediction is far from lofty and very unclear. They COULD get very CLOSE to the END? Not a miracle to win it all... MAYBE even the EASTERN CONF FINALS?

Soooo are they winning next round or not? Clearly you don\'t think they will win the Eastern Conference Finals, and you seem doubtful (or a coin-flip at best) about their advancement to them. My point is that you don\'t have a gut feeling, or you need tums to clarify what it is exactly.

i guess i didn\'t make sense.  sorry being up early hopped up on meds does that to you.

what i meant was: prediction:   They will be in the east finals and lose.     a lot farther than anyone thought they could go this year.  let\'s be real, they had a meh year.

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2010, 09:33:11 am »
well, the celtics handed that win last night to the cavs. they might as well have gift wrapped it.  celtics dominating the entire first half...somewhere in the 3rd quarter, they lost it. i can almost pin point it to when Rondo got a foul and was put on the bench.  When Rondo is on the floor, making plays, driving to the basket, Celts are unstoppable. They need to learn to keep it together when he\'s not on the floor.  Plain and simple.  And didn\'t  help that Ray Allen and Paul Pierce had off shooting games.

Freaking Lebron James.  Grrrr.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2010, 11:12:28 pm »
Hi Tray.
Great game last night huh?
They didn\'t give this one away it was straight taken.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bonzo

The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 12:39:12 pm »
holy shit last nights celtics/Cavs game was awsome.   Hope Lebron plays like shit on thursday

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2010, 06:28:25 pm »
^he won\'t.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 09:38:29 am »
Going to game four in boston tonight.  bringing my broom.  :)  

Can\'t wait to see Rondo right before my eyes.  He simply is on fire right now.   That dive for the ball the other night just showed how much more he wants this than anyone on the Magic.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2010, 10:16:13 am »
lucky lady. have fun! gonna be another blowout.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2010, 11:58:46 am »
I can\'t even begin to describe the agony of last night\'s game witnessing it at the garden. I am sure watching it on tv was just as painful for fans.  We were there to watch a sweep. The electricity was in the air before the game even started.  We basically screamed, cheered, stood on our feet, and clapped our hands until the last final seconds of that horrific OT ended.

The fact the celtics could have almost won that game still astounds me because they played so piss poor. Personally, magic should have been up by more. Just proves,  Celtics are a better team even when they aren\'t trying.  And they weren\'t last night.  They had the last possession of the game with like 12 sec left.   They honestly should have won.  But like the whole game, they couldn\'t get it together. Rondo was off all night. His passing, his plays, his driving to the basket, everything was just out of order.  It was like an impostor was playing.  Pierce was trying to be the hero, and for part of the game he was, but in OT, he seriously needed to step back. Ray Allen was on fire, and Ray Allen should have been the go to guy. Not Paul Pierce throwing up two hopeless prayers, two jumpshots where he couldn\'t even get any height or his legs up.  

But...so far in the playoffs for the Celtics, with an embarrassing loss, they usually come back with an astounding win.  So tomorrow night, hopefully will be that.  

And a side note to you Lakers fans:   Who wears a Kobe shirt to a celtic vs magic game?? REALLY.  REALLY.    And then when you get heckled by an entire section, you get upset.  Seriously.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010, 12:03:35 am »
i was kind of hoping he would stay, but lebron will be fun to watch with dwade and bosh

now check this shit out! http://lfw.org/jminc/LeBron/http://www.thebreakfast.info
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 09:19:11 am »
Quote from: zuke583;258915
i was kind of hoping he would stay, but lebron will be fun to watch with dwade and bosh

now check this shit out! http://lfw.org/jminc/LeBron/http://www.thebreakfast.info

WTF?!  That link is hilarious!  

Anyhow, it is now official that the Celtics did indeed destroy the Cavaliers entire Franchise in the playoffs.  But hey, it\'s just payback for the Browns beating the Patriots in the wild card round of the 1994 playoffs!

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 05:11:52 pm »
That link is funny shit. Hell, at least raq is baq.

I wanted LeBron to stay in Cleveland. Oh well, maybe I\'ll watch the NBA regular season next year.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 06:27:20 pm »
lebron is a moron and realizes he will never be able to be the main man, im glad celts helped him realize that though. Those millionaires made a girl scout pact in China that they would play together and dominate, fucking idiots...he doesnt have all that "pressure" now b/c he has guys that can do it for him.  i cant believe how much a reality tv event this all was (thank god i dont have cable) he\'s no better than any of the idiots on any of those other reality tv shows (i dont know the names to any of them).  He\'s a joker and his legacy is now tarnished and forever, dare i say it, tainted

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2009-2010 NBA Thread
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2010, 09:06:41 am »
Should be interesting to watch Miami now.   I am just glad that we don\'t have to hear about lebron all summer now that he\'s made his choice.  or i could be wrong.