Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-07-04 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 6991 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2009-07-04 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« on: July 05, 2009, 12:36:31 pm »
I: jam > Cut Me Some Slack, Rufus > Peaches En Regalia > Pygmy Twyltye > Peaches En Regalia, Episode I (Happy), Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode II), Episode III (Awakening), Drum Solo > Bass Solo > Drums & Bass jam > jam > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > No Quarter > Guitar Solo* > No Quarter

E: Wake Up In A Coma** > Doughboy^

* with several teases, to be noted later.
** with \'Imperial March\' (John Williams) teases.
^ with \'Star Spangled Banner\' lyrics.

Thanks to simpletwistupdon for the setlist!

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 12:40:43 pm »
So glad i made it down. Many highlights and as usual, the band was schmokin. Thank you Breakfast!
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 12:41:57 pm »
Awwwwww.....It\'s like I was there in spirit. Nice looking setlist imo. If anyone was there, you are very lucky.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
    • http://www.myspace.com/todaysparkles
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 01:01:57 pm »
Just wow.
Last night\'s show was huge. My brain is like non existent right now. I was completely floored. They were on top of their game, the entire night and the energy was outrageous.
Thank you, Breakfast.
Seasons don't fear the reaper

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 01:04:25 pm »
Great show, lots of fun as always.  That had to be one of the best sets I\'ve seen.  The episodes were phenomenal, particularly Episode 3.  Always good to see the guys play some mind blowing stuff at home.  Now I have to move...  ugh no fun.  And I am glad I got to see East Pearl, that is such a sweet apartment.  Definitely love the secret agent stove vent.  I mean even the bathroom floor is comfy.
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

Ren

• what?
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 01:21:20 pm »
what a great time!  man were they on. peaches>pygme twylyte>peaches clearly speaks for itself. haven\'t heard all the episodes in a row in a while, adrian ripped it with the drum solo towards the end of ep 1, and mooboo\'s was absolutely unbelievable.  ep 3 was very good, but will never dethrone mooboo\'s for the "best episode," but that\'s another argument i guess.  drums and bass and all that stuff was good.  

gladys doesn\'t really do it for me that much anymore and as i was telling jen, they must\'ve heard me cuz it pretty much turned out to be one of the best jams of the night, actually one of the best jams i\'ve heard in a while. and no quarter was just great, adrians drumming was just ridiculous, and i loved how they slowed it down to a crawl before bringing back with some serious intensity for a great finish.

wuiac, had me hoping it was really gonna be scheme, but that\'s ok.

doughboy was the best one i\'ve ever heard.  they fuckin\' nailed it.  wow!

...and if this show wasn\'t recorded then that is just wrong.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 01:25:53 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 01:30:10 pm »
Fitz had it covered.  He definitely recorded, and Ken had a handheld camera going as well.
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 01:47:23 pm »
Quote from: Dyed_Tie;235251
Great show, lots of fun as always.  That had to be one of the best sets I\'ve seen.  The episodes were phenomenal, particularly Episode 3.  Always good to see the guys play some mind blowing stuff at home.  Now I have to move...  ugh no fun.  And I am glad I got to see East Pearl, that is such a sweet apartment.  Definitely love the secret agent stove vent.  I mean even the bathroom floor is comfy.

ha! glad you enjoyed the place. it will not be the last time

Quote from: Ren;235252
what a great time!  man were they on. peaches>pygme twylyte>peaches clearly speaks for itself. haven\'t heard all the episodes in a row in a while, adrian ripped it with the drum solo towards the end of ep 1, and mooboo\'s was absolutely unbelievable.  ep 3 was very good, but will never dethrone mooboo\'s for the "best episode," but that\'s another argument i guess.  drums and bass and all that stuff was good.  

nicknels is pissed! seriously though, that eppy 2 was fucking ill. adrian and dangle destroyed it.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
    • http://www.myspace.com/todaysparkles
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 02:36:32 pm »
Ohhh Gladys. Oooo Mooboos!
I really wanted to head over Zuke, and check out that new throne but the body wasn\'t allowing it after that extensive rage routine.
UndeRagers knew how to throw down serious!
Seasons don't fear the reaper

Ren

• what?
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 03:29:44 pm »
lady gaga?  seriously?  no offense.  she\'s her number one fan...

I\'m sorry, I guess that wasn\'t nice.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 03:29:44 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 08:35:36 pm »
show looks sick

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 09:27:07 pm »
that setlist is insane, wow.
DS Newbers

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 11:07:13 pm »
back to back (and sandwiched) zappa songs? interesting. was it the full versions/planned that way or spontaneous.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 12:05:31 am »
It had to have been planned. Defintitely full versions, Peaches was starting to jam for a minute and then Pygme Twylyte started and was complete, then that jammed a bit and you could hear it starting to slowly take on a "Peach-like" sound and  if you ask me it was more like a Peaches Reprise but you can be the judge I guess when you eventually get to hear it. I was kinda bummed to have missed Pygme Twylyte a few nights before when Tim played it, I certainly never thought the breakfast would play it tho...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:06:44 am by Ren »

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 01:13:28 am »
best.birthday.ever.

the zappa sandwich melted my mind!  1:30 closing time caught me by surprise though...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:18:18 am by cannontrip »
♥♫∞