Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-06-27 - Crash Mansion; New York, NY  (Read 6034 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Setlist: 2009-06-27 - Crash Mansion; New York, NY
« on: June 29, 2009, 10:09:08 am »
I: The Chase > jam > Tunage, Astronomy Domine*, Hard Luck Harry, Honey Butter, Bold As Love**

* Pink Floyd cover; First time played.
** Hendrix cover; First time played; With Jim Cobb (Urban Fetch) on guitar and vocals.
Postcount +1.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:52:56 am »
I\'m sure you raged Bold As Love , Jim.

I\'ve bitched about 95% of covers for years tho, take it personally if you must..

Just don\'t see why a band with such an epic original catalog of music like The Breakfast would play a show that\'s like 30% cover material. I mean Eppy 2 is still a song right?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:11:29 am »
Yeah, but if you got people coming in off the street that have never heard of the band, you need something to get them hooked... I\'d prefer all originals too, but look at Phish; 6/6/09 and 6/7/09 were the only shows of the tour that all originals or band related tunes were played...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Ren

• what?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 11:39:44 am »
bold as love was very good.  i am tired of it though, still good, but tired of it.  i understand why it was probably played, and why people wouldn\'t want to hear it, but everyone seemed to be really into it so, whatever.  nice to meet you jim after all these years.  tunage was unreal.  i was listening to pandora earlier that day and a live version of astronomy domine seemed to slip in, i didn\'t even realize it started, i was like, "hey i remember this song, how long has it been?!?" the same thing happened at crash mansion i was only half listening and was like, "are you fuckin\' serious?!?"  they played it pretty much perfectly, as expected of course, now i guess it\'s time to break out all of the parts of shine on you crazy diamond...

hard luck was a fuckin monster as always, kinda got a bit strange and trippy in the middle, for lack of a better term.  would\'ve liked to have had them play a bit earlier and for a bit longer, but this bullshit seems to happen over and over, so  i\'ve accepted it.  

it was a good time, some fuckin\' wacky bartenders at that place...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:43:19 am by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 12:58:12 pm »
THanks to Diana for getting the B\'fast crew a great pregame spot. Great night for a rooftop party. After doing something like that before a show and going to a nice venue, it has me less excited about shows like Toad\'s Place.

my pleasure, nick. rob is already asking when the breakfast is playing in the city again so we can party. i told him we should do a timmy tour on the roof and he was all about it. maybe august...

also, despite the fact that the band went on way late, this was such a nice venue and i really hope they get back there. i definitely thought several times how happy i was to not be at sullivan hall. so sick of that place.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 04:32:05 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;234789
Yeah, but if you got people coming in off the street that have never heard of the band, you need something to get them hooked... I\'d prefer all originals too, but look at Phish; 6/6/09 and 6/7/09 were the only shows of the tour that all originals or band related tunes were played...

Any band can play covers. Only one can drop a proper Queeb.

Also I wouldn\'t exactly look to Phish for an example of putting on awesome shows lately.... better than 2004 yeah but I hope late summer / fall tour steps it up a notch for sure.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:34:30 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 05:26:11 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;234788
I\'m sure you raged Bold As Love , Jim.

I\'ve bitched about 95% of covers for years tho, take it personally if you must..

Just don\'t see why a band with such an epic original catalog of music like The Breakfast would play a show that\'s like 30% cover material. I mean Eppy 2 is still a song right?

i was just busting your chops.  should\'ve included a ;) face.
Postcount +1.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 08:32:44 pm »
i love Bold As Love
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 08:33:10 pm »
Now that I\'ve had time to properly decompress from this show I think I\'ll give a little bit of synopsis.

This was probably the most fun that I have had at a show in a really long time.  Not a large quantity of people there, but plenty of quality.  I want to thank everyone that was there because you all definitely contributed to a wonderful time.  

Galenas, thank you for the invite to a great rooftop shindig.  It was the perfect beginning to a fantastic night.  You definitely earn MVP.  I still think we still should have thrown that pepperoni stick off the roof.  Everyone was really nice and plenty of booze paid by suggested donation to counteract the 8 dollar drinks at the mansion.  That said, I think they were worth it, because that place was seriously cool.  Oh and Zuke, I owe you a bottle of coke.

I hope they can get back there at some point soon because I am definitely down for it again.  I was ready to find anyway to stay in New York so I didn\'t have to go home.  Perhaps another run sometime around Halloween would be in order to get the lower east side wandering in when all the freaks are out.  Not just Monster Truck drivers revving their engines while Man in the Mirror is blasting on the stereo.

Those bartenders were hilarious.  I won\'t even get into the things they said, but only in New York.  

Astronomy Domine was unreal, unexpected, and expertly played.  Gave me the shivers.  

And Nick, either my piece has way too much resin in it or we were standing on the softest sidewalk in the city.  That was the perfect microcosm for the entire evening, it seemed like nothing could go wrong.  I was already having the greatest time at that point so it wouldn\'t have mattered either way.  

Basically I got home at 8:00 am and was ready to go back.  Next show at Crash Mansion everyone should be there.
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 10:34:41 am »
no mention of the billie jean jam in tunage????

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 10:46:39 am »
Quote from: jking;234876
no mention of the billie jean jam in tunage????

there was some mention in the thread that\'s now locked.

man, saturday night was so much fun. i truly wish i could remember half of the things that were said and done. i guess i\'ll have to be satisfied with the 5% that i do remember...there was some aged cheddar involved...a slap to the face...and free samples of coke being given away by some dude in an alley...also a breakfast show. good times.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 11:06:16 am »
Quote from: zuke583;234879
also a breakfast show.

lol, i totally know what you mean! (and sorry for sort of kicking your ass for no good reason... i recall overreacting to something or other...)

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 11:15:30 am »
tim and chris both play around with Who Knows during honeybutter. tim towards the beginning, chris before his solo...

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 03:32:27 pm »
Looks like they\'ll be back at the Crash Mansion for Halloween as well as the 29th at Northampton. Hopefully the 30th is at Red Square and not Higher Ground.
Smell my mule.

thatguy

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 03:56:28 pm »
i think toads too booze.